Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Isbaheysiga Dib u xoreynta Soomaaliya oo madaxweyne u soo sharaxday Shiikh Shariif Sh

nuune   

Rumours has it he will be the first president to use the iphone

:D:D

And how can he progress from Nokia 3310 to an iphone, that is quick transition sxb, which causes disaster in some cases!

Abtigiis   

loooooooooool@Nokia 3310. Ilaa hadda wali presidential is ma moodayo oo sharaabaad isaoo maydhan maalin dhowyd nin arkay baa ii sheegay. Armuu iska sii wadaa uun...

Meiji   

Although Sh.Shariif is a man that is radically different then those that ran for president since 1991, the process and context in which a Somali government is supposed to arise still remains the same.

Since 1991, we had the method of organizing conferences in foreign capitals and creating a government for Somalia in a foreign country, which then had to be transplanted into Somalia and had to be tested by the reality on the ground. We all know how this unnatural transplantation ended..

Hence, why I do not believe in foreign-created and backed governments for Somalia, and hence why I do not believe in this latest attempt of transplantion most propably led by SH.Shariif.

Although Sh.Shariif is a fine man with good qualities and is engaged in an admirable struggle, I do not believe in the ability of individuals to radically challenge or bring change to systems from within. They will achieve alot and bring closer illusions of progress and succes, but eventually the reality will prove that those were just illusions (fata morgana), and that bad systems need to be replaced by better systems, and this involves the crushing of the old system in most cases.

Che, we don't need to get into the debate of who was for the sheikha and who recently jumped on the Amtrak because we have what is called SOL archives.

I was on his Amtrak long before the creation of the peace caravan but don't take my word for it, you go and read it for yourself.

Archives will also bring out the many individuals who were once on the fine amtrak with me and jumped when sheikha went on exile after ethio invasion. The very same traitors were sheikh bashing after the division of power within ICU and creation of the shabaab and now all of a sudden they are endorsing my candidate, just pathetic ya che.(not @u but the traitors)

^I never appreciate the fact that Sharif came to Mogadisho while Tigrays were still occupying the land and subjugating the Somali people, but to his credit, he has been calm and consistent.

Anyway, we have unique oppurtunity for peace to prevail in Somalia, let's hope we don't squander this around. The stakes are bigger than Sharif, I hope he realises and work for the good of people, not fell in love with power and not bogged down by internal squabbles.

Madi kale, let's not turn into personality worship. Reason will go out of the window once a personality becomes greater than the movement.

LoooooooL@Thierry

Somali lawmakers vote in favor of parliament’s enlargement

Monday, January 26, 2009

Mogadishu, Somalia (APA) - Members of the Somali Transitional Federal Parliament on Monday unanimously voted for the extension of the parliament to pave the way for an all-inclusive legislature which will elect a speaker and a president within the next few days.

Before voting began, Djibouti’s representative to the Somali peace talks and the minister for Justice Hamid Abdi Sultan urged Somali lawmakers to show a great responsibility to safe the war-weary Somali people from renewed civil war.

After a lengthy discussion, the acting Somali president and parliament speaker Sheikh Aden Mohamed Nur Madoobe announced that Somali legislators unanimously voted in favor of the extension of the parliament.

“Two hundred and twenty lawmakers have participated in today’s meeting, 211 of them agreed to enlarge the parliament, six against while three abstained, so the parliament is extended from now on and recently 275 members from the opposition Alliance for the Re-liberation of Somalia (ARS) will join us” the speaker and acting president Sheikh Aden Mohamed Nur Madoobe told lawmakers on Monday.

On Sunday evening, the Islamist-dominated ARS nominated Islamic courts chairman Sheikh Sharif Sheik Ahmed as its sole candidate for the upcoming presidential election.

The international community-backed Somali peace process in Djibouti is the latest of 15 failed attempts to look for a lasting solution and a national functioning government for Somalia which has been engaged in bloody civil wars for nearly two decades.

Source: APA, Jan 26, 2009

Abtigiis   

LG

We endorsing him not because he is the best, but the only game in town. It shows maturity on our side, and a willingness to embrace what is good for Somalia. Our main issue was that Ethiopia should go out of Somalia, and we don't think Ethiopia has left becuase of Shariif. We know it is becuase of the Muqaawama.

But that is one thing. Now the game is different. That we endorse him does not change our perception of him. He still is a bad leader, coward, and a pathetic flip-floper; but if he is not declared president, then Nuur cadde and others will be. We are afriad those will take orders from Ethiopia.

There is nothing inconsistent or hypocratical here. Simple pramatism and politcis 101. must I repeat that when you are grappling with fast-chaging situations, you don't slam doors, you don't get glued to a chair. Instead, like a bad man who strays into the nuptial chambers of a maaried women, you sleep with this one unblinking eye firmly on the exit.

ma isfahanay faanto?

Meiji   

''Anyway, we have unique oppurtunity for peace to prevail in Somalia, let's hope we don't squander this around.''

Che,

Thats what we have been hearing during the start of every attempt of reinstating the Somali state since 1991.

----

''That we endorse him does not change our perception of him. He still is a bad leader, coward, and a pathetic flip-floper; but if he is not declared president, then Nuur cadde and others will be. We are afriad those will take orders from Ethiopia.''

Abtigiis,

You accuse Sh.Shariif of the same reasoning you are engaged in.

The main reasoning behind his decision to seek diplomatic channels for realizing his goals was that he also believed in ''If I (representing the ICU) do not come to terms with the West/Int. community they will seek other men who will be worse, and we are afraid those men will be the usual warlords and ethiopian puppets''

Other people will accuse you of been a hypocrite and a flipflopper, like they did in this topic.

And you answered with:

''There is nothing inconsistent or hypocratical here. Simple pramatism and politcis 101.''

Doesnt that also apply for the case of Sh.Shariif?

Abtigiis   

But that is not good enough reason to run from battle fields and betrays your commanders. You convince them and go for the deal.

Meiji   

Abtigiis,

Leaders (not the military ones) do not have to be on the battle field.

You mix up military leaders and the political leaders, the former are obliged to stand in the battlefield since they command military units while the latter are supposed to stand in command, and if the centre of command falls in enemy hands they need to be evacuated so they can continue commanding the entity they are the leaders of.

When Mogadishu fell, the military leaders of the ICU stayed behind in Somalia and Mogadishu, while the political leaders went into exile to command from a safer place.

^Traitor, it is not upto to me but to the sheikha to see how he will deal with his enemies. You are a small fish among sharks and you don't matter to him. We will see how he deals with his real enemies. Matter of fact, let us not jump the gun, the man has not won anything yet.

BTW, faanto is my nick for u but if you must have one for me, I prefer sprite. :D

BTW, nin weyn aa tahay, calling warrior like sheikh a coward just makes you look silly, especially from your keyboard, ee why dont you put on khamiis and fight along side those maroodis killing innocent women and children?

KK, he will need a personal assistant, ee isa soo sharax. :D

PS:Che, si fiican aa u hadashay. We will just have to wait and see what happens from here on

Abtigiis   

Sprite, whatever you say. I don't want a new war.Laakiin, i tell you this minor sheikh's decision has no bearing on me. For all I know, I will continue another war. There is no end for us, until we liberate our land. But I happy for my fellow somali's in Somalia.

BTW, he will be begging for the help of Alshabab, without whom he cannot move an inch. In case you think, he will bulldoze them with his borrowed might.

Meiji

You remind me of a former somali colonel who after telling us that 200 of his soldiers were killed, and we asked how he survived, proudly procliamed "because as a commander I am not supposed to die. Those men died so that I survive". It is a notion of leadership I do not subscribe to. Follow the myth of books, practice is that he who can lead you on the field, can lead you on the table.