Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Minister Aydeed arrives in Mogadishu + his comments

Suldaanka, my wedding took place in Mogadishu but due to work and study I was unable to attend. However My Mother, uncles and siblings where there as well as my wife and in laws and thats the reason we chose Xamar as the location of the wedding.

I apologise I am unable to give you my own first hand account of life in the city. Yet If you want I can forward you what my relatives have experineced so far..

^^LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Hadaan fahmay sxb... yep! understood now.

It is the Meher/Nikaax (Engagement Party) that took place in Mogadishu?? sow maha? LOL

Sxb, in Somaliland we don't call Meher/Nikaax party as Weddings. LOL

The Meher is just one of three celiberations that we do in Somaliland.

1. Meher (Engagement Party)

2. Aroos (Aqal Gal) - Wedding Night

3. Gaaf - Is basically a gathering to have fun, guests answer cultural quiz questions, some guests are randomly chosen to sing on the microphone, some are told to do weird things... it is all a fun night.

The meher can take place without the presence of the groom or the bride, but the other two, the groom and the bride must be present.

. Meher (Engagement Party)

2. Aroos (Aqal Gal) - Wedding Night

3. Gaaf - Is basically a gathering to

Suldanka true the Meher took place in Mog. However I am a conservative and belive that is the wedding. Its the most important of three events you mentioned as its the legal aspect and the compulsary one of the three. Also I dont much agree with the Aroos that you hinted at and it can happen without the groom being present and it has in my case for it was an all lady event. No mixing of genders.

You are right in the categories of the "new age" weddings but like I said I wanted a more traditional and religious based ceromony as close to what is prescribed in our faith.

Any-how your earlier point was about Mogadishu, what did you want to know????

A religious weddings hmmm. A good way to save money icon_razz.gif

Waxaan ku idhi, so, it is business as usual in your place at the moment? :confused: :mad:

Anyways, I wanted to read of YOUR experiences in Mogadishu, but as it turns out, nin Caruusa oo London barafku ku dilay ayaad ahayd LOL. Kaftan :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Suldaanka, my wedding took place in Mogadishu but due to work and study I was unable to attend. However My Mother, uncles and siblings where there as well as my wife and in laws and thats the reason we chose Xamar as the location of the wedding.

Bro, Duke congrats once again and am sure you deserve the best.

However just out of curiousity how come you trusted Xamar with your wedding while you envisage it as a hell hole for your adeero to govern from there...am sure the fact that you chose to hold there the most important event of your life cancels out your claim that it is a place of 'isbaroyiin'..unless you married off from the Isbaro it self.... :D .

And I hope now you ill respect 'adeer' Qanyare.....looooooooooooooooooooool.. :D

warya I hope you take all this as a lighthearted joke..cause sxb if anything am more than happy to see you take the plunge and pray that you give me a lot of nephews and nieces..

Kheyr Inshallah aboowe..!

^^^ Juma LOL..That was fantastic, indeed I shall keep your advice regarding Mr Afrax close.LOL.

I thank you again for the kind words. I know its ironic. Yet Mogadishu and its folks I have nothing but love for. The difference here is that I have strong relatives in that city and now thank the lord even more.

Sky   

Brother Duke, I too assumed you were now/recently in Muqdisho. You and Suldaanka both are partially right. You stand corrected, because what you described is a real wedding. At the other hand, if the bride and womenfolk celebrated in Muqdisho, it is a Meher if the same didn't happen at your side; the groom vowing to his in-laws in front of the men-attendees. Of course the groom doesn't have to celebrate in the same location as his bride.

Am glad for you that you chose a wedding according to tradition and religion. For this choice your marriage will be blessed even more by Allah subxaana wa tacaala.

And I hope now you ill respect 'adeer' Qanyare.....looooooooooooooooooooool..

Loool Jumatatu, overall we Northeasterners shound't be badmouthing Qanyare Afrax even though he's a pain in the neck. Ironically, we are his In-Laws.