Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Move to impeach Somali president

NGONGE   

^^ I think you're being really unfair to Xiin there. He's in love with the younger and sexier Sh. Sharif not the sick old man. :D

NGONGE   

^^ I have been a man of my word, warya. I have not said a single word about the Caravan since our deal. This was a defence of Xiin (though I'd love to get my teeth into that crazy 550 MP caravan). :D

Ibtisam   

Ngonge when does Che's gagging order expire?

I was not being unfair, everything looks the same to me now, they are all on the same team, somethin wong baa socotah

Juje   

Over the last three or four days we have been delighted by the site of the TFG parliament giving the boot to Yeey - but to anticipate they will actually impeach him will be lil bit far fetched.

Seriously speaking the recent actions and motions from the parliament that has produced everything against Yeey and his cohorts were much needed boost for those against him. However in the same way he was off the mark in constitutional terms when he declared the sacking of the PM - so were the PM and the Speaker when they passed a cabinet not authorized by Yeey.

You have to understand that there is a driving force behind the victory against Yeey. The same external force that has sold Yeey as a legitimate President and fighting against Al-Qaaeda in his country - while he was not - to the international community has now shifted from one tool to the another. Even Condi Rice is arguing that TFG parliament gave vote of confidence to Nuur Caade, makes you wonder how the hell she knows what happened in ADC go-down in Baydhabo.

The parliament also unanimously approved and passed the Djibouti accord without even debating forget about whether there was a quorum in there or not .

Hence the external force that has been force feeding us Yeey over the last four years has changed focus now and it is supporting Adan Madoobe, Nuur Caade and The Caravan.

Nephissa   

I much prefer that he not be impeached, as tempting as that may be. For one thing, the dude just looks worse and worse as time goes by. I would rather he just hangs there like rotten fruit on the tree.

Ibti,

Don’t be a loose screw adeer; meel qabso please! We are supporting peaceful approach through political settlement. The Caravan represents that deeper concept, and it’s unfamiliar one runtii! I do not necessarily expect you to honor this caravan and the courageous man who led it with laureate---your gratitude is not required adeer! What is required however is to reason with us as to what will the alternative be if we take your counsel and abandon this initiative!

Ibtisam   

Xiin, you don't have to abandon it by the looks of things, it will abandon you. Like many other so called peace process, it will come to a natural dead end, simple because it aims to work with the same twisted so called “leaders” who made the mess to start with. Your so called caravan just prolongs their lifeline a little bit more, at the expense of the ordinary people. If I thought that THIS time would be different, I too would be on the cheerleading team. For now, you wait and see, and I shall continue observing. Will see where the play ends and at what cost. How about that for meel qabso?, iska qabso maah after all, but rather baasar baa loo bahaanyah (if the Somalia affair and baasaar can be inthe same sentence that is)

P.s. I am effectively a loose screw adeer, I have no preference and no affiliation, no interest or hidden agenda nor do I blindly support any fraction. I am just calling it as I see it, as an observer looking in. In any case, it should wrap itself up over soon, one way or the other. Good luck by all means. smile.gif

Juje   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

If I thought that THIS time would be different, I too would be on the cheerleading team. For now, you wait and see, and I shall continue observing.

There is no difference and it is not different this time - considering the recent outcomes from Somalia the caravan might further expand the Somali dilemma rather than doing the opposite.

^^another loose screw.

Ibti,

Your sentiment (I cant call it an argument for there is none really) is typical. Opposing things is easy. Holding lingering grudges toward certain warlords and personalities is easy. Carrying past grievances is even easier adeer. What’s not easy, good Ibti, is to get a good measure of the prevailing political and security mess in Somalia, and then estimate a reasonable solution. And that’s exactly what Jabbuuti Accord has done! Nothing is perfect, and this one is no exception. It may not achieve all the objectives it sat out to attain, but it surely changed the national conversation. Why you cant even admit that is beyond me really!

That you do not have an agenda or a faction to support is not credible really. For as far as I know you support the SL entity with all the political ramifications it may entail. I do not understand why people are deciding to be politically formless as of late!

Forget about Sharif and the Jabbuuti details. The caravan as a concept is unassailable! And that's the last word.