Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Winners Losers and the fate of Somalia :post TFG

^Dukey, you are kidding me righT?

How does this benefit them? You keep saying, benefit, benefit, but what exactly does that mean?

As for A.Yusuf, you are giving the man a credit that he does not deserve. Taking back his little army, who by the way were reported to have abondoned the capital weeks ago is of no consequence. The pull out of Axmaaro just eliminated the excuses of the opposition and this news of A.Yusuf just puts the kabaabs in a corner.

Hypothetically speaking, lets just say this group, with cade and sharifka were to miracously complete the peace deal and finally convince the m**ryaan to disarm, would the government who made it all happen not be recognized by p-land?(assuming that they adhere to the constitution upon modification)

If the answer to the hypothetical question is no, then you have fooled me and others into thinking that you were a man who sought peace at all cost.

At the beginning, I did not like you all that much because I always took you for someone who went out of his way to post articles of others without a single contribution but overtime you have grown on me and I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now, it is not looking too good for you because adeero aa is casilay, you now are bitter to the core and are even boosting secessioner ideals.

You are either a man of peace , who is determined to see a prosperous somalia or you are just another clan sympathizer who is no better off than the secessioners or hiraale prodigy, hiding behind the fight for sovereignty. What is it going to be ya DukeY? Which category do you fall under?

PS:What does geeriyeysan mean? Geeriyoote maaka wadaa coffee boy.

Pss:Nuune, asaga dhan aan iska dhax arkay. Waa nin oo aqoonin mar mar waxa uu ku hadlo. Afka aan iska furanaa waa aqli xumo.

Lool. My dear L-Girl, I must commend you for the raw no nonsense approach you are taking with this post, its refreshing and welcomed. I understand your anti secessionist stance and believe me I share them with you. However we must be realistic and open our eyes to the reality on the ground. If Abdullahi Yusuf as you suppose was the obstacle to peace and the problem with the AL Shabaabs playing politics then he is gone and we should have no problems. If on the contrary as I believe Nur Cade and Sharif Ahmed plan does not work, and they are overrun by the marauding mad men and their militias then what do you suppose we do? We in this instance are Puntland, Somaliland and others.

What I see here is the destruction of a fragile government that was holding its own , it was made up of all clans and was supported by most people. This government has been dismantled from within and from without and we don’t have anything else to replace it. All I hear is the 550 parliament and the many signed agreements and as a student of Somali history I am not impressed and have been witness to the former Djibouti agreement and Arta and what it produced.

The secessionist gain much, they might even get special status because of our collective failures.

Now the answer to your question, if the Nur Cade, Sharif Ahmed plan works and your miracle becomes true then every Somali should support it and fight for it. I the Duke will even promote it at the top of my lungs.

But alas we have to also think about saving what little we have before we try to capture Iceland and Alaska.

Biixi   

LG -- Somaliland's arguement is: Somalia is in crisis we're not give us recognition. So if there is no crisis in Somalia then they'll have no case.

I know this is over simplified but that is the whole truth!

^biixi, you are forgetting that they have tried going that route once before and nothing came of it and nothing shall come of it this time.(unless santa uu wax kale siinayo caawa)

Dukey, I appreciate your answer and I was thinking along those lines but shaki aa igalisay markaad secessionerka meesha soo galisay.

All is well now.

PS:Waryee coffee boy, ask abuu nuune what xaafada is ya foreigner.

STOIC   

I'm bored and I feel like a Somali politician this minute.I took a stop at Hiiraan online read the news and I'm an "expert" in Somalia affairs ...

Somaliland knows which side of its bread is buttered. As long as Somalia tyrannical centralism obstructs the development of peaceful Somalia, Somaliland has the chance to tip the scale in its favor. Just as a physician must identify a disease before curing a disease, Somalia must identify its problems and solve it before it can get on Somaliland level of decency and peace.I admit that whether it is through a propaganda or factual information their certification of their common interest is making them an inche closer to their dreams. I foresee potential victory in their course.Somaliland has shown a strong and pragmatism quest for their autonomy.The policies of nationalistic pragmatism of improving their home country is something to applaud and to be proud of. While some may argue Somaliland quest is blind to reality on the ground atleast they are not changing leaders like a wife-beater on a summer afternoon. Hooray to Somalialnd…walle weydhushaay!

Poker   

Originally posted by xRed Sea:

LayzieGirl,

waar
maxaa ka jira eedo?

Waryaa gabadha daa wax baad isku tihiine. :D:D

Layzie is very intelligent young lady. She knows what time it is! :D

RedSea   

^ :D Times change budy so have I?

Disregard everything you knew about 'redsea' :D

I don't mind people opposing SL, I even do that often. But I would like the others to based their opposition on fair grounds not an emotional pile.

The Duke,

The south is still same ole south. Yes different so call politicians may have came and gone, but the overall look of the situation has only gotten worse. The TFG in its tenure has not improved or turned a stone in AY four years. The TFG of Nur Ade is gonna take over now and perhaps may take the same route.

In addition, be fair and state the fact that SL is only here because it has stayed out of the fire. Somali land never actually was an obstacle to Souther' Somalia' peace making deals; they had nothing much at stake in here so they can't be classified as either winners or losers, simply because they were never part of this politicking.

However, I do agree that Puntland state was better off before than it's now.

Poker   

Originally posted by xRed Sea:

^
:D
Times change body so have I?

Disregard everything you may have known about 'redsea'.
;)

You're kidding me, right?

RedSea   

lool how many times have I stated that I am not the same character that SOL has gotten to see in last few years.

Well I see you are new comer. So basically I was a member for a year(2005-2006) then gave my account to a friend of mind who has been impersonating me. It's all good though. I assume, as most of solers tell me that he was good to them. So I have no worries.