Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo: alshabaab’s waterloo

Now I am truly disappointed with you, Castro. You-were-against-Yey-before-but-support-Sharif-now argument is the weakest and lowest I have seen. It has been subjected to the rigorous reasoning I mentioned and found wanting.

That you went there is the disappoint awoowe :D .

After reading several posts of yours, I still don’t know what you stand for. It’s apparent however that you are firmly opposed to the current TFG. And on that account, ya Castro raggaagaad :D ku jirtaa awoowe.

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

quote: On the other hand there are no ethiopians in Mogadishu today.

Hassan:

What a eff'ed up logic. Ethiopians may not be in a great number in Somalia but their influence is still present in Mogadishu or any other part of the country. Sl or Pl are their proxy administrations. As of yesterday their intelligence kidnapped Somalis in Galkacyo. admitted man... your opposition to the Yey's TFG had to do more with his qabiil then his policy.

Don't get me wrong, I want Shariif's TFG succeed but the two admin's policies looks the same to me. read both sharif and Yey's address to United Nations. They both requested same thing from the world. Acuudi bilaah maxaa Shariifkii ku dhacay.
25, 000 people died because of yeey's actions.

He thought that he could come and stay in power by the help of ethiopian tanks and continued ethiopian occupation of somalia.

They day yeey said that he wanted ethiopian troops to invade somalia is they day that i stopped supporting him.

Its a fact that there are no ethiopians in Mogadishu.

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Now I am truly disappointed with you, Castro.
You-were-against-Yey-before-but-support-Sharif-now
argument is the weakest and lowest I have seen. It has been subjected to the rigorous reasoning I mentioned and found wanting.

That you went there is the disappoint awoowe
:D

After reading several posts of yours, I still don’t know what you stand for. It’s apparent however that you are firmly opposed to the current TFG. And on that account, ya Castro raggaagaad
:D
ku jirtaa awoowe.

Simple saaxib. You supported the TFG during Yey's time, yes or no? If no, then you have made a 180° turn. Except, this U-turn is not justified by any changes to the status quo. If you did support the TFG in the Yey era, then I have wrongly accused you of flip flopping.

Your peace caravan is now driven by Sharif with a big TFG logo on its side. The question is, was Yey its former driver and what logo did it have before?

P.S. I realize this "debate" has no rules, so fire away. :D

^^If it makes you feel better about this debate, here is where I stood in different times in a chronological order.

Supported Yey’s TFG

Liked Courts, but still supported peace efforts between the two entities, and preferred TFG arrangement to be preserved

Supported Courts after Ethiopia invaded much of the South, and captured Xamar

Supported peace efforts between Yey and Asmara group with no preconditions

Supported Sharif’s election

Supported peace efforts between Sharif and armed Islamist movements with no precondition

Today support Sharif, and oppose those who found profession in continuing this conflict

That does not depict a man who forced himself into a corner, as you alleged. I support approaches, not men; I try to stay with the big picture, and avoid my best not to be immersed in the gloomy details of the Somali conflict. Sharif wants peace, not war. He prefers political settlement through dialogue to armed conflict. Alshabaab got in the way. The conflict therefore continues.

Where do you stand? Unlike you, I don’t care where you stood yesterday. But please don’t tell me it’s all Gaalo’s fault as your previous post implied :D .

Xag un awoowe. Xag un, please!

Castro   

^^^^^ If I didn't know you in person saaxib, I would have dug in the SOL archives for statements you made that contradict the above. I know you made no such contradictory statements so I didn't bother to look (may be I did a little but didn't find anything :D ).

Perhaps your "karbash" reasoning skills would someday help our homeland out of its rut.

I stand in rejection of imposed governments, ideological fundamentalists, clanists, and greedy opportunists who lack conscience. Still a vague answer for your taste? You're going to have to buy me another coffee at that Dunn Brothers to hear more.

P.S. Sharif is not the messiah for Somalia, saaxib. That messiah is either a toddler now or is yet to be born.

It gets really boring when people won't leave the dead horse alone. The Yey's TFG = Shariif's TFG is THE DEAD HORSE, a poor argument that has been debunked over and over and over again on this forum.

But those who use it outright IGNORE everything we say and keep bringing it up like goats who regurgitate their food to chew it again, to justify their jealousy and clan-hatred.

"Oh look you like this guy, but when our uncle was doing the same thing you hated him because of his qabiil!"

It would be cool if Republicans did that to Obama "oh look there's still troops in Iraq, Guantanamo is still open, he's just like Bush, but you hated Bush because he was white"

The difference btw Obama and Bush is like that between sky and earth. Same thing goes for Shariif and Yey.

You're just taking advantage of the fact that one is in a hard spot because he has to clean up the mess the other has left behind.

Castro   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

It gets really boring when people won't leave the dead horse alone.
The Yey's TFG = Shariif's TFG is THE DEAD HORSE, a poor argument that has been debunked over and over and over again on this forum.

Sorry I missed the debunking marathon. Can you debunk it once more? To make your job a little easier, you could narrow your comparison to the following:

1) Control over territory (land and sea)

2) Assistance by foreign armed forces (invited or otherwise)

3) Opposition from internal entities (Islamic or otherwise)

4) Actions taken to reduce displacement by conflict and drought and helping those already displaced

5) Dealing with Puntland and Somaliland

6) Relationship to international community

You could ignore peripheral issues such as age of leader, his clan or any speech delivery skills. You could also copy and paste from one of the earlier debunking sessions I missed. Finally, take your time. I'm in no rush.