Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo: alshabaab’s waterloo

^^Trying to slip from me again…I thought I finally caught you :D

Answer my questions good Castro. And lest you forget, there are two of them in my above post.

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^So you are rooting for the regime change effort in the south
:D
(spear headed by Alshabaab ,of course)?

And other than pointing out the proverbial political shoes, which you claimed Sharif's forcing his feet in, are not tailored for him, what alternative do you have given the fact that alshabaab are not interested in talking to a murtad government?

There is no regime change effort in the south. This is a fight over an Isbaaro disguised as a political, or even more laughably a theological, struggle. So obviously, I support neither dumb nor dumber in this pointless conflict.

On having an alternative, alas, that's where I, and many of my countrymen, fall short. We may point fingers at a weak Sharif or a crooked Yey but most of us are without any vision on how to resolve our Nakba. An entire generation (even two) of low-caliber men, so to speak. And we in the Diaspora are merely reduced to armchair politicking and Monday morning quarterbacking. In other words, most of us could be the president of the TFG and would be just as incompetent or crooked and you couldn't tell the difference.

Who knows what the solution is. Probably time. Until then, you can make analogies with Waterloo and even Gettysburg to your heart's content. :D

Castro,

There is an active effort to replace Sharif’s tfg in Xamar. This has been under way since Sharif’s return from Jabbuuti. This effort is the source of today’s conflict indeed. The battles in and around Kismayo do not define that conflict I described. My question therefore was not about which of the factions fighting in Kismayo you support. I asked you more fundamental question, Castro. Since you described this tfg as illegitimate and puppet regime, I asked you whether you might be rooting for the effort to replace it.

I am looking forward to your response :D to that question.

As for the alternative, I already figured that much awoowe. Those who oppose Sharif have no solutions even at the conceptual level, let alone articulating practical alternatives that could be tried to resolve this prolonged civil war. At least you admit your weakness, and that is a potential quality. An even greater quality would have been, if you were prudent enough to let those who have some thoughts about the matter try it, giving them the benefit of the doubt. At this juncture of Somali history, Somalia does not need people who support mindless effort simply because the guy on the top is not someone they like. The excuses are many but incompetence, visionless, naïve, and puppet stand among the ones the naysayer team throws at the gallery day in and day out.

Awoowe the Waterloo analogy is just that, an analogy. It may be stretch as some characterized it already, or it may as well be the case that alshabaab just like the Napoleon before them, confident, almost arrogant, will meet their demise in the bushes of Kismayo as a consequence of these running skirmishes in Jubbooyinka. That was the point I was trying to make. I could make that point, and still can, without Waterloo analogy :D

Castro   

^^^^ I'll see how I feel after rush hour traffic about a response. I suppose I will have to hold my nose and speak on Somali politics.

Castro   

There is an active effort to replace Sharif’s tfg in Xamar.

By whom? Those who installed him (the US)? Why would they bring him to the US if they wanted to get rid of him? Other Somalis? That can't be. Only the US can install and remove "presidents" in that country and so far, Sharif is their horse. You're reading too many tribal websites if you believe otherwise.

This has been under way since Sharif’s return from Jabbuuti. This effort is the source of today’s conflict indeed. The battles in and around Kismayo do not define that conflict I described.

Saaxib, you're a bright man. Even too bright for your own good. :D But you're fishing in an empty pond here. Let me give you the 30,000 foot view. There's only one (effective) power broker in Somalia and that is the United States. When Sharif has outlasted his usefulness, he will move to the room next door to Yey at the Motel 6 in Sana'a. If the Shabaab get out of hand, they will be dealt with from Camp Lemonier or through proxies in the NFD or Ethiopians troops in Beledweyne. If the pirates get feisty, sharp shooters and sound guns will be summoned. In the meantime, civilians will die, bombs will go off and ports will be fought over.

Somali politics is petty clan politics but external actors reign supreme.

I deliberately didn't answer your question. :D

^^You are not the first to dodge. So I am not disappointed, Castro.

I feel I am vindicated. It’s sort of scary now that my predictions have been turning true :D .

Castro   

Vindicated? A strange place SOL is to seek vindication. Anyhow, I have a feeling you want to tell me about those predictions that have come to pass.

^^It has been the case that those whom I have karbaashed with rigorous reasoning sued me for being harsh. In light of your inability to provide alternatives to the current TFG and your apparent failure to even state your stance on this active conflict, I have no remorse of what I have done to your friends, Castro.

And lest you forget, SOL is full of exceedingly intelligent people whose wisdom and style of reasoning can be very beneficial. Though I have never actively sought vindication of any sort, I would be lying not to admit that I have many a time appreciated the support particular nomads provided for my stances, albeit unwittingly at times.

Lets talk about those predicitons some other time.

Good night awoowe

Castro   

^^It has been the case that those whom I have karbaashed with rigorous reasoning sued me for being harsh. In light of your inability to provide alternatives to the current TFG and your apparent failure to even state your stance on this active conflict, I have no remorse of what I have done to your friends, Castro.

Now you're speaking in tongues, saaxib. You were against the TFG when Yey was in charge but now you support an even weaker leader of the same rubbish entity? That's not rigorous reasoning.

And these petty "conflicts" you speak of have been going on for decades. Perhaps only now they've become significant to you because you're finally paying attention.

I have no alternative to the TFG but neither do you (or the world for that matter) and that's why you stick with this stillborn® entity. Compared to the manic Shabaab and other lunatics in our political landscape, the TFG may be the lesser devil. But sticking with the TFG for the lack of alternatives does not suddenly turn it into a winner.

You have forced yourself into a corner with that caravan of yours and I understand your inherent desire to defend it. Still, there's time for you to back out and look at the bigger picture. :D

I was also against the TFG when yeey was in power simply because he came to power by ethiopian tanks and many people died by the Ethiopian genocide.

On the other hand there are no ethiopians in Mogadishu today.

And i strongly support he's excellency president sheikh shariff.

All somali nationalist that love somalia and want peace and unity for somalia would support the government,

I say support the government for a stronger untied somalia tomorrow.

Its only the traitors and haters that try to destroy our best chance to move forward and build our nation

If you can't understand that then your confused and cannot be taken seriously

On the other hand there are no ethiopians in Mogadishu today.

Hassan:

What a eff'ed up logic. Ethiopians may not be in a great number in Somalia but their influence is still present in Mogadishu or any other part of the country. Sl or Pl are their proxy administrations. As of yesterday their intelligence kidnapped Somalis in Galkacyo. admitted man... your opposition to the Yey's TFG had to do more with his qabiil then his policy.

Don't get me wrong, I want Shariif's TFG succeed but the two admin's policies looks the same to me. read both sharif and Yey's address to United Nations. They both requested same thing from the world. Acuudi bilaah maxaa Shariifkii ku dhacay.