Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AFP) - Hundreds of people fled the Somali capital Mogadishu on Monday after two people were killed in the latest barrage of rebel rocket attacks and guerrilla-style raids.

There was heavy shelling near the Villa Somalia residence of President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed in southern Mogadishu, where artillery fire lit up the night sky.

At least two people were killed in the attacks that demolished residential houses.

People fled the southern Mogadishu suburbs that came under attack with many leaving the capital altogether.

"We have been expecting peace and prosperity after the past 16 years but not flames of gunfire and fresh bloodshed," said southern Mogadishu resident, Abdullahi Sheikh Hassan.

"We have to look for safety for ourselves and for our children," he added.

Traumatised residents

Other battle-weary residents echoed similar views after the shelling.

"A family was sleeping when a house was blown up by a heavy shell, I cannot tell what kind of weapon it was but it destroyed the house, killing a father and his son," said Jeri Hassan, a neighbour of one of the houses attacked.

Witnesses said gunmen also fired grenades into Madina police station in the capital, triggering a gun battle.

Attacks have steadily intensified since joint Somali-Ethiopian forces ousted an Islamist movement from the capital last month.

The new assault came hours after a bomb exploded in the southern port of Kismayo on Sunday, about 500 kilometres south of Mogadishu, killing four people and injuring several others.

Among the injured was the recently appointed Somali military chief General Adbi Mohamed, who was addressing scores of residents.

Country threatening to slide back to war

With Somalia dangerously teetering between a slide back to war or limping forward towards efforts to build a functioning state after more than a decade of chaos, the international community is struggling to raise funds and troops for a peacekeeping force.

The African Union has managed to raise half of the required 8000 peacekeepers expected to be deployed to bolster the Yusuf's feeble government.

The AU Commission met in Addis Ababa on Monday to discuss the "speedy" deployment of the badly needed force.

The Somali government is based in the backwater town of Baidoa, about 250 kilometres (155 miles) north of Mogadishu.

Yusuf, a former warlord, and Prime Minister Ali Mohamed Gedi have failed to make good their pledge of relocating to the capital, one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

The defeated Islamists have vowed to attack and kill peacekeepers, a spectre that dampens hopes of an international deployment, which has been delayed since 2005 for fear of further confrontation and insufficient funds.

Patchwork of fiefdoms

A previous 1993-1995 peace mission ended disastrously after UN and US troops fled the country, paving the way for the rise of warlords who sub-divided the nation into a patchwork of fiefdoms.

Though the warlords were defeated by the Islamists in June, they have been regrouping in the capital while maintaining a low profile.

In addition, the surging violence calls into question Yusuf's pledge to convene a national reconciliation conference in a bid to end the conflict.

Somalia, home to 10 million people, has had no effective central authority since the 1991 ousting of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre.

Since then, more than 14 internationally-backed attempts to restore a functional government have failed, compounding the misery caused by numerous natural disasters.

Source: AFP, Feb 12, 2007

Ilaa 650 qoys oo maanta ka barakacay Muqdisho

Mogadishu 13, Feb.07 ( Sh.M.Network) Ilaa xero oo ay ku noolaayeen dadka soo barakay oo ku yaala agagaarka Isbitalkii hore ee Digfeer ee magaalada Muqdisho ayaa ka barakacay halkaasi, ka dib cabsi ku aadan ciidamo Ethiopian ah oo shalay soo dul dagay Isbitalkaasi.

3daan xero oo ay ku noolaayeen dad kor u dhaafaya ilaa 650 qoys oo isugu jira caruur, waayeel iyo haween oo horaantii 90 meeyadii soo gaaray magaalada Muqdisho, xilli ay ka soo barakaceen gobolada Koonfureed ee Somalia iyo gobolka islaamulka Somalida Ethiopia ayaa haawanaya, ka dib markii cutubyo ka tirsan ciidamada dowladda Ethiopia ay fariisin ka dhigteen Isbitalka Digfeer.

Dadka ayaa ka cabsi qaba in weeraro lagu soo qaado ciidamadaasi ay saameyn xoogan ku yeelato, iyadoo dadka ku nool xeryahaasi ay ahaayeen kuwo la tacaalaya nolol maalmeedkooda.

Dadkaasi ku noolaa 3daasi xero ayaa u kala cararay hadba meesha ay isla haayeen waa ay ku badbaadayaan, qaar ayaa u barakacay degmada Afgooye, qaar kalena waxa ay ku biireen xeryaha kale ee dadka soo barakacay ee magaalada Muqdisho.

Haweeneey ku nooleeyd mid ka mid ah 3daasi xero oo shabelle u waremeysay ayaa waxa ay sheegtay, xilli ay xamaamadeed ka qaadaneysay halkaasi in ay dhibaato ku tahay in mar kale ay sii barakacaan.

Dadka ku noolaa xeryahaasi ayaa intooda badan ah garab rarato, qoyskiina uu ka kooban yahay ugu yaraan 9 ruux oo isugu jira caruur iyo haween ayaa xaaladooda nololeed ay ka soo dartay ka dib markii ay ku kala tageen halkaasi, taasoo u muuqaneysa adigoo har gali lahaa halaguu soo hoydo.

Dhinaca kale qoysas badan oo ka qaxay magaalada Muqdisho ayaa gaaray degmada Afgooye, iyadoo dadkaasi lagu qiyaasay boqolaal dad ah oo u badan haween iyo caruur.

RedSea   

Xoogsade, inadeer.

Most of us feel the same you do. I feel your pain.

You must display patience my brother, Insha Allah tacalaa, Allah will reward our patience which we continue to display in this time of difficulty in our home land. All things come to pass. As Allah said, 'Inamacal cusri Yusraa'.

Those who support the TFG are corrupt individuals who lack the least amount of damiir. Their minds aren't functioning properly. they include all Qabiils.

Once again, May Allah help our people Insha Allah.

All-Ubaahne...Maku fahmin duqa.

JB...This doesn't really matter who replaces him. It all starts and ends the same way. When individual Somali learns to value their own interests ahead of their Qabiils, only then we could resuscitate the Somali State.

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

You will come to Dayib Cafe, you will tea with me, and then you will start to act, "Af-wax-cunay-xishoo" by fully understanding my side of the story against both your uncle and the Amxaar that is occupying my homeland!

:D

P.S: but I advise you to re-read my irony, of what I meant and where I was going to it!

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

quote:Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

You will come to Dayib Cafe, you will tea with me, and then you will start to act, "Af-wax-cunay-xishoo" by fully understanding my side of the story against both your uncle and the Amxaar that is occupying my homeland!

:D

P.S: but I advise you to re-read my irony, of what I meant and where I was going to it!
LooooooL.......when did Yeey become my adeer?

Anyhow, we shall meet one of these days IA.

And as for Xamar, obviously alot has changed in Xamar during the ICU riegn, but sadly they lacked the political maturity to deal with their enemies, and seemed to oblivious to the fact that there is no Somali nation, just warring tribal factions who just happen to share the same language.

XoogSade wants his uncle back in power but what he fails to understand is the dude is 6 feet under!!!

We have a dowlad lets work with it cause it's our last hope Puntland won't save Somalia again.

This Government fails we declare our own State and that is the truth.

RedSea   

^delusional kid, when did Puntland saved somalia. If you are saying the TFG is a qabiil based, then you have shot yourself in the foot. Soo baro sida loo doodo marka hore, adigii baa isku kashifaya meesha. Mise sidaas baa kaa dhab ah. ;)

:D @ Alleh Ubaahne.

Abdullahi yusuf must be the uncle of anyone who opposes the view points of Alleh Ubaahne. Wuxuu socdoba Chev. ayuu usoo galay maantana.

Inaba caadi maaha wa halkii reer xamarkee.