Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Interview with Hamud, Faisal Roble and Yasmin by VOA, and the Conference on NSPU.

Sophist   

Jaylani wrote"Miya I have no problem with the buluugle nor do I care too much of it. However, I have a problem with people insulting my intelligence and trying to rewrite history like June 26, 1960 in BEERTA XORIYADA with Tima Cade reciting KANA SIIB KANA SAAR never happened. How low can you go? C’mon give me a break"

Kan lasiibayey wuxuu ahaa the Union jack (the flag of United Kingdom Great Britain and Nothern Ireland) there was no Somaliland flag.

Marka kana siib kana saar waa kaas walaale.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Caamir:

What may happen instead is a war between Somalia and an Ethiopia that is determined to keep its puppets in Baidhabo in power. Almost all the Somalis, less the secessionists, are united in defending their country and chasing the Ethiopians and their lackeys from Somali soil.

You of people can't propagate on that basis. How can you suck upto Yey one day and be anti-Ethio occupation the next? It's hard enough to swallow ONLF members lecturing us on how to run our affairs saaxib so come off it.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Jaylani wrote"Miya I have no problem with the buluugle nor do I care too much of it. However, I have a problem with people insulting my intelligence and trying to rewrite history like June 26, 1960 in BEERTA XORIYADA with Tima Cade reciting KANA SIIB KANA SAAR never happened. How low can you go? C’mon give me a break"

Kan lasiibayey wuxuu ahaa the Union jack (the flag of United Kingdom Great Britain and Nothern Ireland) there was no Somaliland flag.

Marka kana siib kana saar waa kaas walaale.

:confused:

Never mind...

Waaheen   

Mr Muhsin did a great job in refuting the press release of SOPRI which misrepresented the facts in Somaliland. Only an insane group would claim that there is Zero support for united Somalia among the northerners. The fact remains that there is support in the North for both for united Somalia and the secession of Somaliland. Anyone who is saying otherwise is deluding himself or does not want to face the truth.

I would like also to add my warm heartfelt congrats to the organizers and participants of the unity conference that was held in DC. We need to have alternative views regarding the question of Somaliland for our own sake. The bottom line is which one is the better option for the citizens of northern Somalia: United Somalia or a separate state of Somaliland? When you remove the clan loyalty factor (which should not be factor in my view) the choice is clear.

Waaheen

NASSIR   

NSPU 2006 Conference on Peace and Somali Unity

Wardheernews:-On Saturday December 2, 2006 a conference took place in Washington DC organized by NSPU (Northern Somalis for Peace and Unity). This meeting which was held at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) brought together Somali scholars, academics and elders as well as concerned Somalis citizens from all over the world.

Attendees traveled from Somalia, Canada, and many other states. In an interview with WardheerNews, Gamal Hassan, the communication & public relations director of the NSPU said “the overriding objective of the conference was to unify the voices of the Diaspora Somali community to lobby for peace, unity and positively support the renewed attention given to Somalia by the rest of the world. Mr. Gamal Hassan stated that “the main objective of the conference was to strengthen unity sentiments and territorial integrity of the motherland and forge ahead with the international and national attention on the crises that are currently engulfing the country.

Dr. Ali Abdirahman who was the key note speaker of the conference highlighted the significance of unity vs. secession. Dr Ali has stated that the interest of Somalia rests in unity. He called a platen lie on the idea that Somaliland and its residents are all behind the secession agenda. Dr Hersi called the efforts of those who promote the secession policy as “been fakatay”. He called the Somalis from the north and elsewhere who have vested interest in unity to put the facts straight and let the world know that “we are for unity”.

The conference brought together a diverse group of Somalis who came together on the basis of unity and peace for all Somalis. Dr. Ali Bahar and Hamud Maasheeye also discussed the importance of upholding the cause of unity, and the erroneous assumptions of secession. Dr. Bahar said “ for years our country has been hijacked by sectarian violence, secessionists and worlordism and the time has come to pass the stage of whispering nationalist” .

Eng. Kamal A Hamud, the organizing committee chairman told wardheerNews that the conference highlighted the voices of unionist that has been missing from the political discussions toward northern Somalia. Kamal stated that he is very pleased the overall success of the conference and they plan the movement to be strengthen and continued.

The conference consisted of the flowing panel discussions:

• Territorial Integrity and Challenges to Unity
  • Unity vs. Secession: The case of the Northern Somalia
  • Governance and Institutional Building
  • Current Affairs: The rise of The Islamic Courts.
Media organizations such as the BBC Somali service, Voice of America and WardheerNews were present to cover the conference. The conference drew to conclusion with a renewed message of hope and unity for all Somalis.

WardheerNews

------------------------

Image%202.jpg

Image9.jpg