Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Puntland Vice President and Minister of Interior coordinating battle

NASSIR   

-- The 1992 Al-Itihad Uprising against the State of Puntland (most of the insurgents being from Nugaal and Mudug). The State crushed the insurgents killing many of them inside Garowe.

LST, in 1992, was there such thing as the "State of Puntland" unless you meant it the small city administration of Bosaaso? It was the SSDF led by Col. Abdullahi Yusuf vs. al-Itihaad. And that was perfect step for the "SSDF" and its political and military leadership to take, in order to maintain a firm grip on its domain of influence.

However,the Galgala environs come not under the "SSDF"'s clannish configuration as far as political history and territoriality is concerned. The international "British Somaliland" border line, which co-incides with the clan's border passes near Bosaaso. It was Mohammed Siyad Barre (AUN) and his regime that designated these areas of Galgala and Bali-Khadar under a new administrative division, that means the region of Bari. I have no objection with the SSDF's rhetorical line taking strident military actions to crash insurgents within its power domain as a solution, but to extend that similar mentality of territorial aggrandizement into another region of former British Somaliland puzzles me, in fact.

By contrast, The short-lived Ade Muse/Qardho uprising was to many considered a power competition between personalities championing clan-interests garbed as common interests of the former "northeastern protectorate of Italian Somaliland," to be precise. (Each used "Puntland" as its organization's identity and purpose and was thus saving it from the other) That insurgency also had a near complete support from the people of Qardho and Waaciye until both sides of the conflict agreed to enter into a process of peaceful negotiated settlement spearheaded by Sultan Said and Boqor Burmadow and other notable elders and politicians.

Above, I don't think the current PL leadership would be able to win this war or crash the locals unless a forward-looking approach of solution comes into the overall picture. That the people of western Bari region are accomodated and made to believe that they have a political stake in the state. As of now, they seem to have the upper moral position to reverse the dictates of an incompetent and corrupt state that tolerates CARE, a private militia within its jurisdiction and another independent security regime whereas it treats as hostile the private militia of another clan led by a local warlord.

NASSIR   

Oodweyne, are you saying Col. Abdisamad is the Dick Cheney and that Gen. Ilka-jir fits well the character of Major Gen. Collin Powel. Lol..

I'm sure you know very well Gen. Ilka-jir's family history and descendent line. :D

Originally posted by Nassir:

LST, in 1992, was there such thing as the "State of Puntland" unless you meant it the small city administration of Bosaaso? It was the SSDF led by Col. Abdullahi Yusuf vs. al-Itihaad. And that was perfect step for the "SSDF" and its political and military leadership to take, in order to maintain a firm grip on its domain of influence.

However,the Galgala environs come not under the "SSDF"'s clannish configuration as far as political history and territoriality is concerned.
The international "British Somaliland" border line, which co-incides with the clan's border passes near Bosaaso. It was Mohammed Siyad Barre (AUN) and his regime that designated these areas of Galgala and Bali-Khadar under a new administrative division, that means the region of Bari. .
I have no objection with the SSDF's rhetorical line taking strident military actions to crash insurgents within its power domain as a solution, but to extend that similar mentality of territorial aggrandizement into another region of former British Somaliland puzzles me, in fact.

Are you recongnizing the borders between Somaliland and Somalia(Puntland)?

NASSIR   

No it's an adjunct explanation to distinguish the two community's history of self-rule and territoriality. I used quotation marks :D.

Wallaahi when I thread the silly, deplorable and irrespective killings took place in Bosaso caused by Atom and his clan cheerleeders to what happened yesterday, there is some thing evoking me Hurre Walanwal's poetic verses said:

Immisaan joogey heel weynoo

Hawsha intaad bilowdeen

Hadhowtana hayaayda dambiyo

Habar wacadka keentaan

Immisaan lahaa hooy

libin hooyn ma doontaane

Ha gilgilina hootada

Immisaad halabsanayseen

sange hud iyo nacab qaba

aniguna hannan deris iyo

Hilbaha laysku leeyahay iyo

hooyaday sinteedii iyo

U habranaayey xididnimo.

and so on

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

Oodka, now is not the time make enemies but friends among the maakhirians... I hear there are pro atam people in galkacyo too, hope the ssc militia joins them, then we should see where those axis of evil, faroole-abdisamad-ilkajiir stand

:D:D

Haddii rajo wax lagu helayo curyaamiintaa fardo u fuuli lahaa

Originally posted by Nassir:

LST, in 1992, was there such thing as the "State of Puntland" unless you meant it the small city administration of Bosaaso?

Nassir, it is all semantics Awoowe. The name of the authority at the time is not crucial in order to convey the message. The leadership and foot soldiers on both sides of the conflict were from the same "sub-sub-sub clan". My own relatives perished in that conflict. The substance of my narrative is that the Galgala conflict is not a conflict between “clans” Awoowe, and that the region as a whole experienced similar conflicts between existing authority and organized militant groups.

Ilaahay hakala qaboojiyo dadkaa walaalaha ah ee is laynaya Awoowe. This is a tragic conflict in any way you look at it.