Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Over- Protectiveness=Controlling?

Nehanda   

^LOL.

However, only pervert and desperate individuals would misuse the internet in such a way. There are much more effective halaal use for these apparatus.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

WHat do you think happens when a girl has a computer,webcam and internet connection?

^ Ooo she walla walla, chi bang bang.. :D .

re: topic.

I plead the fifth!! As I remember what I was like as a teen... oyyyyyyyyyy!

Khalaf   

Nacam, it is up to the parents, and will be the particular family's decision, but since there are many young ladies here, the reason i started the topic was to gather their ideas on the issue their concerns/experiences in this area: ie vactions/study aboard programs in Europe ect u know what i mean?

Muminah, thanks for your comments first of all. but a hypothetical question sister, if you wanted to visit another state w/in Canada which i believe you are from w/ your friends during your vacation, do u think you and your girlfriends would be doing god knows what subhan-Allah? :D Or would u, as young girls enjoy the scenes, dine out, shopping ect and do what girls do? I think the latter sax?

And this goes out to scarastic comment of Cara as well, there is no worry about the girls, but simply a concern of safety, since this country ie New York during new years is crazy. I took the negative position to see arguements for affirmative, but personally i dont c nothing wrong w/ it. get on plane, get off plane, family picks u up at airport ect. no big deal...

Pucca   

i could be going to a islamic conference and there would be no way my parents would give the 'ok' to me driving from one province to another. Big fat NO. And if my brother were the one giving the answer, i'd be smacked right across my head and told to think twice before asking such silly things...then he'd ask if i needed a ride and he'd ofcourse willingly drive me himself. ^_^

I hated it during my teens but now i understand their reasons and i'd totally do the same with my own kids inshallah.

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

WHat do you think happens when a girl has a computer,webcam and internet connection? shall we assume she also posses the mentality of a 40yrld?

Classic :D

^^I had computer, internet access, and webcam when i was 15 in my room, and never ever did something bad cause i did not fear my parents, I feared Allah the Al-mighty. My parents thought me not to fear them, they just thought me that Allah is watching me wherever i am, and that had a big impact on my life. So i think the person should have freedom and all u have to tell them is to fear Allah.

Salaama alaykum,

MashaAllah very well stated sis Ju. smile.gif

Khalaf, istaqhfurallah, maybe I was being too judgemental may Allah forgive me inshaallah. Only Allah Azaawajal knows what our hearts conceal and reveal, and you're right akhi, perhaps the sister in question could be doing something completely harmless.

winnie   

i think its ridiculous to let your underage, still in highschool or junior high SON or DAUGHTER to travel on their own unsupervised.

you think there arent predators going after young boys too? its a parents job to watch out for their kids, and to make it a point to be involved in their childrens lives. as far as im concerned there shouldnt be one set of rules for boys and a different set for girls. young boys fall victim to predators as well and make poor judgement calls of their own. do you not watch the news?

btw, what is with youre disclaimer? you asked people for their opinion and than pre-emptively censored some peoples point of view.

Khalaf   

^^^took me a minute to understand what u meant by disclaimer and cenosoring point of views, if u mean the last sentence of the first post...i said that because i think its lame, a cliche too simplistic, and i was more interested in the experiences/views of the girls more so.

ps: I'm the only son in my family and me and my sisters were raised differently, and i think rightfully so. Just a simple example, i would be sent at night if something was needed from store and not my sister whose only 2 years younger. Marka girls=more sheltering/protecting namean. tho i would say (exception being me :D ) girls tend to be more mature/intelligent honestly then boys around their age, but still.

Originally posted by Juwairiah:

^^I had computer, internet access, and webcam when i was 15 in my room, and never ever did something bad cause i did not fear my parents, I feared Allah the Al-mighty. My parents thought me not to fear them, they just thought me that Allah is watching me wherever i am, and that had a big impact on my life. So i think the person should have freedom and all u have to tell them is to fear Allah.

I disagree. U can't use yourself, or others that are an exception, (they do good w/out being told) to dismiss/diminsh the importance of struture/law/rules, which are there to condition people whom otherwise would not be inclined. the world/home would not run smoothly w/ just lecturing "do good", "fear God", but need the rules implemented.

Munminah-not a problem walaalshis. smile.gif