Sign in to follow this  
Xargaga

Omar Jamal and the soothing article

RedSea   

Originally posted by Kashanre:

^You do stand corrected sxb, because "wa-calayka" not "wa-calaykum" is the response given to a gaal who greets you in the Islamic greeting. I am not a gaal.
smile.gif
"Salaamulaahi calayka"na waligay ma aanan maqlin.

Assalamu Calaykum,

Bro Kashanre, thanks for given the effort of trying to make us understand the correct version of our greetings. However, I must correct you and the rest of nomads here who might misunderstood the way to greet a non Muslim who greets you.

You might have heard the story of the 2 Jews guys coming to the Prophet (pbuh) and saying to him "Assamu Calayka" which means may death/destruction occur upon you. The Prophet(pbuh) gave the response of "the same to you" which they more than anything deserved. When they left, Aisha(rAc)said oh Prophet of Allah, don't you know what those guys just said? and so he said did you hear what I said? she said no, he said, I said to them same to you. The prophet was spoken to by Arc Angel Gabriel who told him of what they said.

Now, all the nomads who didn't previously knew this have to understand that you can only give such response to non Muslims who greet you in negative way,which means if non Muslim came to you and said toyou "Assalamu Calaykum" which means peace upon you, you should respond to them "*****aykuma Assalam", because he/she didn't offend nor did they said any negative thing therefore you should respond to them in positive way. The point of way to greet a Gallo is all wrongly misunderstood by us, that we think regardless of how gallo greets us that we must greet them back with the saying of "you too" or " *****ayka".

So, if non Muslim came to you and said "Assalamu calaykum" then say as you would normally to a Muslim, this I heard from well respected Sheikh whom all Somali people have confidence in. If they came to you and said otherwise, do what the Prophet did and say "*****aykum" for plural "*****ayka" singular.

Now Assalamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

I wonder why they have censored some of the words. I am sure they aren't offensive nor even qualify to be an offensive words.

HMM I wonder why? :confused: