Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

LasAnod

LANDER   

I'm not 'interfering and supporting any factions' matter a fact I live as far as you can be from Lascanood and so do you for that matter. I fail to see how I applauded any violence with my post and my only guess to your jumping to conclusions is you may have a personal stake in this conflict and hence the emotional outburst. What I did do is give my most objective effort into understanding the cause of these latest battles. It is my sincere belief that no population can ever remain oppressed against their will indefinitely*. If your view is correct about this conflict than Lascanood dwellers will rid themselves of Somaliland and anybody associated with it. However, if your turning a blind eye to those in Lascanood, willing to associate themselves with any side willing to give them power and influence, than you are setting yourself up for a lot of disappointing times ahead.

*Lest we forget, Somaliland came to existence by deafeating an oppressor therefore it would not be in its interest to turn into an oppressor itself.

ElPunto   

^You are supporting Somaliland in this conflict which is interfering and supporting factions through funds and incitement. You failed to recognize how morally wrong it is to engage in incitment, hostility and aggression against a neighbour that is not in agreement with your political views. That is the failing I cite in your post. The cause of this latest conflict is clear. It stems from Somaliland's long held desire to force itself on the populations living within the borders of the former British Somaliland. It does this inspite of the clear and repeated rejection of Somaliland. What is your reaction to this sort of behaviour? Do you approve? Is it right? Why can't I get a Somaliland supporter on the record on this?

You're right - oppressors will be thrown off in the end. I wonder whether you would ever admit that Somaliland is the oppressor if that happened.