Sign in to follow this  
Emperor

The illegal port of El-ma'an back in operation - Charcoal loading in process

Originally posted by Emperor:

Mogadishu back to its old days, the days of owning illegal ports, Air strips and isbaaros, however this is different this latest action is done by the back bone and grass supporters of the Presidential hopeful, Sheikh Shariif Sheikh Ahmed...

We expect more from you Sir, if you want to be serious and become the leader of this fragmented nation you must step up to the challenge and do something, denounce this action by your supporters and close kins publickly and take action immediately, and before it eats you away.....

Ahhh!

The hypocrisy. If Bosasso and barbera can have their own independent ports, who are you to criticize the people of Banadir in managing their affairs?

It is these despicable acts of clanish mentality and zero-sum psychology that seriously hampers our efforts to move forward. On one hand you are calling Sh Sharif to "become leader of the is fragmented" nation and at the same time you call him to deny the people of Benadir their economic life-line.

So despicable but not entirely unpredictable.

Originally posted by General Duke:

Emperor is corrcet, this is a crazy move on the part of reer Cadaan.

If you want to go by this twisted version of analysis then the whole idea of Puntland is "isbaro" since it militates against the idea of Somalia and the writ of government.

Emperor   

^Now come that man with the twisted logic and compares Bosaaso and Berbera to Mogadishu... Dooradu yaysan kugu qoslin.... Adeer,the use of the illegal port of El-ma'an for personal profit is the worst form of Isbaaro...

Meiji, adeer what is your point, are you questioning me or simply entertaining yourself, do you think you have posed hard question?

The report is there posted for all to see, trust is not the issue here, whether you like it or not its up to you...

And for the last point, Yes all this are linked, this is Somali politics and hence a simple math will do. El'main is owned by Abukar Cadaani, who is closely related to Sheikh Shariif and his main financier. In Somali politics the re-opening of the port can be normally, simply and so easily linked to Shariif Ahmed in any way, shape or form, Markaa live with that and come up with some else, more original line. Surely you need to be staying around in SOL for a while to be taken seriously....

PS: Now if you pay more attention to my post I haven't actually critized Shariif Ahmed or accused him of doing such thing but I only adviced him to denounce this and distance himself from it, simple...

Twisted logic, why do you want an illegal, private port owned by one individual to operate when the Mogadishu port is open. This is one of the major obstacle to pacifying Mogadishu. As long as there are Isbaaros in the sea, land and in airports no government will be able to function. Unless, of course, you are not interested in government.

Meiji   

Emperor,

As I said, just answer those questions, and dont resort to time-wasting tactics.

When you answer those questions, I will prove to you that Ceel Macaan is the most succesfull private entreprise in Somalia outside of the xawaalado sector.

And as Twisted-Logic pointed out, Ceel Macaan made more revenues then Kismaanyo, Berbera AND Bosaso port combined.

This alone can explain why Allpuntland.com and their loyal supporters (Emperor, Gen.Duke, Peace Action) are nervous at the prospect of the re-opening of Ceel Macaan port and have already resorted to spreading misinformation and cheap propaganda about Ceel Macaan.

Dont be scared for business competition, and just face it without resorting to cheap propaganda.

Peace,

You too, answer those questions.

You said ''do you want an illegal, private port owned by one individual to operate ''

This is the proof for your ignorance and animosity towards businessmen of Mogadishu with no rational basis.

you said it is illegal, is private entreprise illegal in Somalia?

Meiji   

All those who want to spread misinformation out of animosity which is based solely on clannism, I dare you to answer those legitimate questions I have posed.

We will see who is talking hot air, and the reality on the ground.

Originally posted by Emperor:

^Now come that man with the twisted logic and compares Bosaaso and Berbera to Mogadishu... Dooradu yaysan kugu qoslin.... Adeer,the use of the illegal port of El-ma'an for personal profit is the worst form of Isbaaro...

Meiji, adeer what is your point, are you questioning me or simply entertaining yourself, do you think you have posed hard question?

The report is there posted for all to see, trust is not the issue here, whether you like it or not its up to you...

And for the last point, Yes all this are linked, this is Somali politics and hence a simple math will do. El'main is owned by Abukar Cadaani, who is closely related to Sheikh Shariif and his main financier. In Somali politics the re-opening of the port can be normally, simply and so easily linked to Shariif Ahmed in any way, shape or form, Markaa live with that and come up with some else, more original line. Surely you need to be staying around in SOL for a while to be taken seriously....

PS: Now if you pay more attention to my post I haven't actually critized Shariif Ahmed or accused him of doing such thing but I only adviced him to denounce this and distance himself from it, simple...

Your views are so wonderfully simplistic that no-body can take you serious. El Ma’an port started as a result of consortium effort by leading business-people in Benadir and chief among them Haji Omar Cadaan and his Ramadan Group. So calling an entrepreneurship endeavor “ Isbaaro,” is quite laughable. Because Mogadishu people are able to create the most successful port in all of Somalia doesn’t sit well with you therefore they are "Isbaaro". What gives you the right to throw such accusations around?

The idea that El Ma’an Port started off as an “ Isbaaro” initiative is a convenient historical ploy that fits a wider picture. Reality is never so simplistic that one man takes some guns and starts the most profitable port in Somalia. This myth is propagated to label every progress made by the people of Benadir as “ Isbaaro.” All progress made by the Puntland becomes noble and progressive and all similar progress made in Benadir becomes “ isbaaro” and horrendous crime.

As for El Ma’an Port re-opening, debate it all you want. What matters is that it helped sustain the entire economy of Southern Somalia during the hard years of the 90s and I know it pains you to hear its re-opening and that pain keeps hurting but hey bear it as best you can. smile.gif

Originally posted by Peace Action:

Twisted logic, why do you want an illegal, private port owned by one individual to operate when the Mogadishu port is open. This is one of the major obstacle to pacifying Mogadishu. As long as there are Isbaaros in the sea, land and in airports no government will be able to function. Unless, of course, you are not interested in government.

El Ma’an being an “illegal” port is a wishful thinking. El Ma’an sustained the entire economy of Southern Somalia during the difficult years of the 90s when no-one wanted to invest in the region and it came about as a result of the entrepreneurship drive of some noble Somalis such as Haji Omar Cadaan. Because of El Ma’an port, Mogadishu’s economy has been growing ever since its opening and this explains why Mogadishu has economically replenished itself without any major Aid by the world. It is obvious that your “legally constructed and glorious ports” couldn’t compete with it. Obviously, your glorious Puntland is not doing good enough job of educating you with reality/facts.

Your opinions of El Ma’an in particular and Southern Somalia in general, superficial and poisonous as it is, are immaterial to me and to my people- we are proud of the accomplishments we have made in the face of some very intricate difficulties.

Emperor   

Meiji, its you that's wasting time, stop hiding behind the smoke screen, in this boards of SOL you get things as straight forward as they get, so present what you have in your basket... reveal your true colours, identity an stand... Calankaaga bal lasoo bax oo soo daa waxaad hayso hadii kale sii soco...

Twisted logic, if something becomes legal by how effective and productive it is, then the most organised, effective, profitable organisation Somalis ever made is the pirates, they did not only alarmed the whole world and created headlines accross world wide media streams but they also made $150 million in the year of 2008 alone...

Meiji   

Emperor, you opened a topic filled with misinformation and accusations.

And dont compare legitimate businessmen to the pirates.

Anyways, I will repeat my questions and If you do not answer them I will assume that you have nothing in your basket except hot air filled with misinformation and animosity towards particular segments of Somali society.

------

Let this be an example to those who spread misinformation and think they will get away with it.

Emperor,

Few questions,

First, the source used for this newsreport is shady. No mogadishu-run website have mentioned this yet. So, you should have used more sources, especially those close to the subject matter, namely sources from Mogadishu itself.

But lets assume there is truth in the report by Allpuntland.com (the daynile.com of Northeastern region).

You opened a Topic about the port of Ceel Macaan based on that source and then remarked ''Mogadishu is back to its old days'', which you defined as:

''the days of owning illegal ports, Air strips and isbaaros,''

Questions: Is Ceel Macaan illegal? Against what Law is private entreprise? Do you know Ceel Macaan? How it started, how it is operated, and what its functions are, and last but not least how important that port is in Somalia and for its people?

Next, you linked the re-opening of the port to Sheikh Shariif,

Questions: What is the basis for that link? In the article which you posted there is nothing said about Sh.Shariif. Is your link based on presumptions about the clan background of those that supposedly reopened the port?

lastly,

You linked the private entreprise of Ceel Macaan, which you labelled illegal without explaining why, to the criminal act of setting up isbaaro.

You remarked: ''Adeer the port of El-ma'an is in itself the worst kind of Isbaaro.... ''

What definition do you use for the concept of ''isbaaro''?

If you understand under Isbaaro, the criminal activity of setting up a roadblock in which people are extorted from their money to pass the road or else..(face the consequences of those that have the guns and man the roadbloack)...then how does this definition apply to the port of Ceel Macaan?

That is the general definition of roadblock, and honestly I can not understand how you can associate the private entreprise of Ceel Macaan to such criminal activity.

Please answer these questions, and I am hoping that you answer them as clear as possible without resorting to the usual rethorics.

I came to reason, not to lisen to the usual propaganda.

So am waiting for your reasoning.

----------

I am still waiting for your answers.

Meiji   

Originally posted by Peace Action:

The mafia is productive but still illegal. Why do you need a macmal port when the major Mogadishu port is open?

The maffia? Again, explain why you accuse them of been ''maffia''.

Also, Mogadishu port can be open while other private ports are open too. Free entreprise is a right which Somalis have to safeguard very carefully.

2 day later, and still no answer to my questions. I will post the history and background information on Ceel Macaan, which one hand will dispell the misinformation and hatred shown by those who hail from the Northeastern region, and on the other hand will show why the business group behind Ceel Macaan is one of the most important and productive segment of Mogadishu society, and how such business groups will transform Somalia for the better.