Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

President Yusuf came back smiling from Saudi Arabia..

Somali President is back from Saudi Arabia

Fri. August 26, 2005 01:04 pm.

Send this news article

Somali interim president, Mr. Abdulahi Yusuf Ahmed is back home in Jowhar, Somalia after a week-long visit to Saudi Arabia. Mr. Ahmed and his delegation were welcomed my senior Somali government officials and crowds of well wishers, many in cultural attire. Jowhar is the government’s temporary headquarters.

During his visit in Saudi Arabia, the president met with King Abdulaziz and other senior Saudi officials. According to Somali ministry of information, the visit was success and the Saudi Kingdom promised to help Somalia financially. Veterinarians will be sent to Somalia in order to assess health condition of Somalia's livestock for possible resumption of Saudi importation of Somali livestock. Somali livestock were banned from Saudi Arabia in 2000.

Unconfirmed reports say the president came back smiling after King Abdulaziz donated seventy million dollars for rehabilitation and reconstruction of Somalia.

News Category: Somalia

Send this news article

Saudis to Boost Somalia's War On Terror

Posted to the Web Aug 27, 11:51

Nation Correspondent

Nairobi

The days of terrorist cells operating in Somalia could be numbered. Saudi Arabia has offered to help President Abdullahi Yusuf in destroying the networks, said Somali Foreign minister Abdullahi Ismail.

"Definitely. There are terrorist networks in Somalia," he said.

He was speaking in Nairobi after President Yusuf made a stop-over in the city while on his way from the Gulf country.

According to the minister, the Saudi government also offered financial support to help rebuild the country emerging from many years of civil war and lawlessness.

The Somali President landed at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 12.14pm and was received by assistant minister Moses Wetang'ula, Kenya's ambassador to Somalia, Mr Mohamed Affey, Kenya's special envoy to the Somali peace talks, ambassador Bethuel Kiplagat and Somali leaders in the city.

He held talks with the officials at the presidential lounge for an hour before leaving for Jowhar, Somalia's transitional capital.

Mr Yusuf has been faced with opposition since he left Kenya about two months ago after he was sworn in as the president of the country that had not known peace for more than a decade.

Speaker Sharriff Hassan has teamed up with four ministers, formerly warlords, to demand that the transitional government moves its headquarters to Mogadishu. But Prime Minister Mohamed Ghedi and 62 ministers sided with the president and operate from Jowhar, a small town 90km north west of Mogadishu. Source: Nation, 27 August 2005

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by General Duke:

Unconfirmed reports say the president came back smiling after King Abdulaziz donated seventy million dollars for rehabilitation and reconstruction of Somalia. [/b

Duke, ina abti bahasha wala yara astuura , adigu se dabecaad ayaad waxad ka dhigatey iyadi oo qawaan aan dhar laheyn in aad gobta so dhigtid. Se camal saxiibo yesan kula tagiin iska jir.

We had 40m. Euros from EU before confirmed by Geedi, now $70m. from KSA..give us a break . It is a pity you have yet to realise everything has gone to ground, but dont worry you will..markey 'edadey' Xamar kaso noqoto ada ogaan doona in xeerada salkeeda aan waxna ku jirin... :D

Sxb let me know if you want me to arrange for you an audience with Sharif during his stay in London in the coming weekend (Inshallah) so that he may answer all the questions you have.

PS. saxiibo give me a shout marki la yimado aan Xalwada iyo codkaca so doonte.. :D

Juma don't you have a life other than stalking the duke. have your say mate and stop this obsession with him. bring your ideas and proof to controdict him, but please stop this childish taunting.

Jumatatu   

^^I guess you are sort of a person who is forcefed with rubbish and so willingly accepts it..am not that type mate. And that is the essence of life diefferentiating between the right and the wrong, but then again what would you know about it..you are just a receiver.

listen! how can u be a pres of country when u get elected in hotel by a punch of drunk morans!!

dont u have to be elected by the ppl of the country that u wanna lead!!

i give up! plz explain to me what kind of election this is~~~~~~~! :confused:

it dont even happen in diseyland!! holla...

^^^ No mate you dont have to be elected by the people. their representatives would do. Some times you can just do a coup like Siyad and become President. As for the point made if Abdullahi is not President then we never had a President, Adan Cade, Abdirashd and Siyad Barre where not President as well since none where voted by the "People" only their reps...

Juma, lol. I only brought the posative news from respected Somali portals and by that I dont mean Hobyonet and Waagacusub.

As for the Pres, he has done very well, went to Saudi Arabia got soem good pledges made a good speech and now he is back in the capital Jowhar..

I rememebr some of you here saying that he would not stay in Jowhar, oh how wrong you were and still are.

Reysalwasaare Geedi oo u guuri doona Magaalada Muqdisho Bisha September

Nairobi:- Reysalwasaaraha Dowlada Federaalka Soomaaliyeed Prof-Geedi ayaa shaaca ka qaaday in uu dhamaadka Bisha September rajeynayo in uu si toos ah Dawladiisa ooga hawlgeli-doonto magaalada Muqdisho.

Prof-Geedi waxa uu hadalkan ka sheegay xaflad loo qabtay wafdigii uu hogaaminayey, xafladaas oo uu qaban-qaabiyay Wakiilka Dawlada Talyaaniga u qaabilsan arimaha Soomaaliya Mario Rafalili oo ka dhacday Magaalada Milano ee Dalka Talyaaniga.

Reysalwasaaraha oo qudbad gaaban ka jeediyay xaflada ayaa sheegay, in isagoo tixgelinaaya danta guud iyo maslaxada Shacabka Soomaaliyeed in uu mustaqbalka dhaw la kulmi doono Xubnaha Golahiisa Wasiirada ee mucaaradka iyo Xildhibaanada Baarlamaanka ee ku sugan Magaalada Muqdisho.

Wakiilka Dawlada Talyaaniga u qaabilsan Soomaaliya Mudane Mario Rafalili oo ku hadlayey magaca Dawladiisa ayaa sheegay in uu soo dhaweynayo tegista Reysalwasaaraha ee Magaalada Muqdisho ayna tahay talaabo geesinimo ah oo loo qaaday dhinaca Nabada.

Wakiilka oo hadalkiisa sii wata ayaa carabka ku dhuftay in Dawlada Talyaaniga, ay ka qeyb qaadan doonto dib-udhiska iyo guud ahaan barnaamijyada deg-deg ah ee ay Xukuumadu u baahan tahay, wuxuuna tilmaamay in Dawladiisu ay gacanta ku heyso sidii loo soo de-dejin lahaa dhaqaalihii ay Wadamada Reer Yurub u qorsheeyeen Dawlada Soomaaliya.- So EU has given some money....

Prof-Geedi iyo Mario, waxay sidoo kale kulankaasi iskula soo qaadeen sidii loo meeleyn-lahaa Maleesiyaadka hubka sita, isla markaana shaqo loogu abuuri lahaa.

Safarka Cali Geedi ee dalka Talyaaniga ayaa ah kii labaad oo uu halkaa ku tago tan iyo intii xilka loo dhiibay.

Reysalwasaaraha iyo wefdigii la socday ayaa markii ay Xaflada dhamaatay u ambabaxay Wadanka Kenya, iyagoo xalay kasoo degay magaalada Nairobi ee xarunta dalka Kenya.

Reysalwasaaraha ayaa lagu wadaa inuu maanta u dhoofo dalka Soomaaliya gaar ahaan magaalada Jowhar ee xarunta dowlada Federaalka.

Xuseen Yaasiin Gode-Gode

HorseedNet.com

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by General Duke:

if Abdullahi is not President then we never had a President, Adan Cade, Abdirashd and Siyad Barre where not President as well since none where voted by the "People" only their reps...

This clearly shows how shallow and narrow is your understanding of Somali politics. One thing you failed to note is that the reps that elected the well reputed Presidents Adan Caade & C/rashid Sharmarke were ones that were dierectly elected by the masses hence they had the mandate of the people. As for President Siyaad he came through a revolution and never had the mandate as such. Now try telling me the goons who elected Yeey in Nairobi had a public mandate.

You sheer arrogancy in attempting to compare Aden caade & C/rashid with the bogus and comical election of Yeey is an insult to decency and portrays and is a reflection of how you intend to glorify Yeey inspite of the fact that he is nothing more than a warlord.

BN   

Let's hope this trip will give Somali people a tad more than a smiling president... :D

kidd   

Too bad that all the people who really know how to run the country are busy driving taxi cabs and commenting in SOL!!!

LANDER   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

quote:Originally posted by General Duke:

if Abdullahi is not President then we never had a President, Adan Cade, Abdirashd and Siyad Barre where not President as well since none where voted by the "People" only their reps...

This clearly shows how shallow and narrow is your understanding of Somali politics. One thing you failed to note is that the reps that elected the well reputed Presidents Adan Caade & C/rashid Sharmarke were ones that were dierectly elected by the masses hence they had the mandate of the people. As for President Siyaad he came through a revolution and never had the mandate as such. Now try telling me the goons who elected Yeey in Nairobi had a public mandate.

You sheer arrogancy in attempting to compare Aden caade & C/rashid with the bogus and comical election of Yeey is an insult to decency and portrays and is a reflection of how you intend to glorify Yeey inspite of the fact that he is nothing more than a warlord.
^ :D ,

For the longest time I've believed that Duke knows better than some of his statements reflect, for even a blind man carries a walking stick and has some sense of direction. Ever wondered if this roughhousing is at your expense?

Sky   

Jumatatu

General Duke is right. Somalia never had a president that was elected by the people. The reps you are talking about in the 60s were not elected, they were appointed. Do you remember how many Somali politicians used to pull it off to represent a district they never heard of their entire life.

Since you tried to defend yourself against the truth with lies. We can conclude that you lost this debate miserably. It seems that it is a trend in your case.

Juma, my son you always run away from the truth. Comparing Adan Cade and the late Abdirashid to Pres Yey is like comparing Zinedine Zidane to Pele. Great players but they are from different eras. However my point was that neither of these leaders where elected by the one man one vote mechansm associated with the will of the "people".

Our late President General Siyad was not elected nor even care for such a thing. My point is still valid while yours is.. ;)