Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

De Rossi Who?

Man U mad for De Rossi? Tuesday 9 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

derossinews.jpg

There are reports that Manchester United are lining up a £17m swoop for Daniele De Rossi, while Gigi Del Neri reveals the problem with Antonio Cassano.

Although Roma have solved some of their financial problems by penning a new pay-per-view television contract with Sky Italia, they are still open to selling off some of their top stars if the right bid comes along.

The youth system has turned out some great players over the years and the latest talent is midfielder De Rossi, who this year won the European Under-21 Championship, the Olympic Bronze medal and is now a senior Italian international.

According to reports in Italy, Sir Alex Ferguson had already made enquiries after the 21-year-old in September, but the signing of a new contract tying him to the Capital club until 2009 put a stop to talks.

However, it’s now claimed that negotiations have started up again following De Rossi’s strong performances in Serie A and for Italy, with a £17m offer on the table to reinforce Man U’s midfield.

------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt if the story is true he would leave just now, but just goes to show you guy's i can spot a talent ;) , and Roma has a lot of gem's in there squad. But Man u would certainly benefit from a talent like him with Kean fast fading away

Viking   

De Rossi is indeed a talented player. Roma has some interesting players but they play untactically (but entertaining to watch) just like players do in Serie B and C. I liked the way the coach removed Delvechio (in their game against AC Milan) and Mancini was brought to the left side, Cafu's runs were blocked effectively and that's one of the reasons Milan played worse in the 2nd half.

Del Neri is a tactician but would require to rule with an iron fist in order to keep all those egos in check. I think Roma would be a better team if they bought some experienced players who would help them play better tactically, young players tend to be over-zealous and tend to score in the beginning only to lose a game in the end. They miss players who play like Thern, Aldair, Emerson et al.

Expirenced players is what we need. We have dacourt perrota tommasi and chivu out, tommasi until teh end of the year. I also think with cassano and pannuchi dropped from teh sqaud and the example you gave of delvechio's tactical substitution, we have got the man we need to sort out Roma in this transition year.

What i saw from the game against milan is that we can blood many younger stars like aquilina and de martino providing there is enough expirence around them.

I think when Chivu regains full fitness, and der rossi forms and effective partnership with perrota our line up could improve greatly from a tactical point of view.

I would like to see this team take shape in the next couple of months.

Gk Pel

Dr Sartor

DL Chivu

DC Mexes

DC Ferrari

MR Mancini

ML Perrota

MC Dacourt

MC De Rossi

FC Totti

FC Monetlla

curfe, and Dellas Delvechio and Cassano Agostino and Aquilina on the sub's bench. I think then u would see a more settled and progressive team.

i am quit impressed with your track totti.

you seemed interested in totti and the roma, i will see how you go against ac milan this year, they still seem to have the tougher side