Sign in to follow this  
Naden

Mind-splitting, eye-popping....

Naden   

migraines! If I had state secrets, I'd be giving them up right now.

Who has regular migraines around here and what prescription are you taking nowadays? Imitrex is not working anymore

Natural remedies, anyone? Yoga, herbs, visualization,.....I'll try anything.

Ibtisam   

Naden: Drink lots of water, head/ face massage (particularly at the base of your head and your temples, used dime light in your house, avoid sugar and fizzy drinks. Constipation can make it worse, so eat well.

I also tried acupuncture, at least six sessions before you feel its impact. Nurofen express liquid tablets are very powerful and less damaging in the long term.

If you have timo adage, and you use hair oil, use a light one, and deep condition your hair once a month.

For time being, lay down on damp towel on you head in a dark room.

NGONGE   

^^ Or she can just get herself a very sharp needle and stick it in her small toe. The temporary pain will make her forget all about her migraine.

On the other hand, this is truly where nuune's famous advice comes in handy. Jimicsi all the way (it works).

Ibtisam   

^^^Clearly you've never had a migraine if you think a diversion will work, the jerk from the needle pain will make her pass out, it is difficult to even move your head let alone winch in pain and jerk about.

nuune   

^^ Actually the more jimicsi the better, don't sit and sleep with migraines, do somethin.

Ngonge gave good advice but substitute needle with alwaax

Ibtisam   

^^^What is that saying: "islaan faadidah lagden la fudud" Most of the time you think your eyeballs are going to fall out, or you feel faint or throwing up, or your head weights a ton. Y’ll be lucky if you can walk in a straight line let alone jimicis.

Johnny B   

Naden,

Sad to hear that you belong to the migaraine victims.

Go and get pregnant , 7 out of 10 get better under pregnancy, that according to an expert at migränkliniken i Göteborg. ;)

Here in Gothenberg everybody is talking about digital medicin.

Ibtisam   

^^Dude that is a huge risk, having a baby is a different type of long term migraine. I don't know if that is helpful advise: 9months, labour, then minimum 18yrs. :eek: Oh and the migraine is just reduced, it does not go away all together. icon_razz.gif

Naden   

LOL @ you people. Tsk, tsk, JB and your one track mind. Seems like Ibtisam is the only one who knows about migraines. Ibti, thanks for the advice. I would love to try acupuncture as it is the only one I haven't tried. How long did the impact last for you?

Johnny, what are they saying about digital medicine?

Norfsky, clearly you've never had a migraine. The only running you'd fantasize about is out of a window on the 10th floor.

:eek: @ Ngonge's needle and Nuune's alwaax.

Ibtisam   

Naden the guys think a normal headache are the same as migraines. If they had a migraine they will take a month off work or write a will and letters to their loved ones. redface.gif

I use to get them on regular basis like two three times a week, alhumdulilah now I only get them once every few weeks. But I tried so many things at once, I cannot point to something specific that did the trick in the end.

I use to take one Aspirin at night for a while as well, regardless of whether I had a migraine at that time or not.

As for acupuncture, I had a combination of a total of 12 sessions. I gave up fizzy drinks, still have lots of sugar and bad eating habits which is probably why I still get them now and again.

Naden   

Ibtisam, amen to the will and letters. I am reluctant to try another prescription drug as the last one had few side effects unlike what I'm reading about the new ones. But it is not as effective anymore. I'll give the acupuncture a try, it couldn't hurt.

What ****** advice re getting active. I wish people who know nothing would just shuttheeffup. Uff.

Effing hell, I feel one coming on today and to have to read this.Grr.

This thing is paralysing, jimicsi iyo s*x idin dilye. Na dhaafa.

Accupuncture, Naden. Find a practitioner that uses electrical impulses with the needles. Also moxi-something which is when they heat the needles. A couple of times I had just the needles and got less benefit. Also,follow it with cupping. I walk out with the pain gone. Best thing. I've tried everything, this was best value for money. Tempted to get one now!

P.S: accunpucturists wey kala faro kulilyihiin. You want someone with a calm aura. Good luck!

Kool_Kat   

^Adiga ayaamahaan mawaxaad keentay inaad marna caaydo dadka, marna waraaq (tisuue) aad ku diifsato meelaha udhigto? :D

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Go and get pregnant , 7 out of 10 get better under pregnancy, that according to an expert at migränkliniken i Göteborg.
;)

Johhny might be on to something here, I haven't had a severe migraine attack since I got pregnant and had my daughter four+ years ago...Take note ladies, hala dhageysto JB...

Erm, een, may be, I am just saying 'may be' smoking 'erbs might help...I, personally, never tried it, but have been told it is a great natural 'erp remedy...