by Buuhoodle.net 24.12.03

Puntland Patriotic Party PPP/02103/CHGPL1210

Attention: Security Council Member States

Cc: UN Secretary General

IGAD Regional Member States

The Arab League

European Union

Puntland State President, VP, and Chairman of the Parliament

It is with great regret to have to learn about heavily armed militia movement under the command of Col. Daahir Riyaale Kaahin, the President of the self-declared republic of Somaliland (northwest regions of Somalia) which declared a palpable war on the neighbouring Puntland State of Somalia.

Sightings of marauding militia pouring into Togdheer and parts of Sool regions, which regrettable is bound to cause an influx of displaced nomads and inhabitants of major towns alike lest caught in the midst of a possible war, have been observed.

Irrefutably aggressive and politically suicidal in their conduct, such attempts on the part of the Hargeysa administration which will surely precipitate the death of innocent civilians, disruption of peace and instability in the region, and dislodgment of locals adversely impacting the region in its entirety. Such flagrant armed manoeuvring in the said regions, which thus far had enjoyed relative peace and stability, is being received in a state of antipathy and melancholy.

In observation of the Security Council’s December 2003 formation of a four-member-panel to monitor arms violations in Somalia,

In observation of the provisions of the UN Resolution 751 sanctioned in 1992 with regards to violations of arms embargo in Somalia,

In observation of the Eldoret Declaration on Cessation of Hostilities signed in Eldoret in October 2002 of which provisions include:

· To abstain from the conduct of hostilities in Somalia from 27 October 2002 and to maintain this state of affairs during the peace process, its implementation and subsequently,

· To use only peaceful means in the resolution of all disputes between political, military and other groups and the communities they represent,

· To ensure that all political, military and other groups maintain only defensive military positions and capabilities, and refrain from any military provocations,

· To implement fully the United Nations Arms Embargo for Somalia (UN Security Council Resolution 733 of 1992).

We, therefore call upon the Puntland administration to:

· Take deterrent measures to safeguard the sanctity, sovereignty, and territorial integrity of the regions and citizens of the State,

· Ascertain conditions under which war could break out while evaluating the scope and gravity of the situation,

· Remain vigilant of any actions that could jeopardise the stability of the region, and not assist Col. Riyaale and his militia with their deadly and desperate intentions to engulf the peaceful regions of Somaliland and Puntland State of Somalia which had maintained cordial relations under pervious administrations in Somaliland,

· Engage traditional elders, political leaders and communities in Togdheer and western Sanaag all of which oppose Col. Riyaale’s mindless, pugnacious hostilities as they are the ones who will be impacted at first hand in the wake of a possible war in the region,

· Remain alert of all activities that could jeopardise steady progression of local elections that are to commence in all regions of the State.

We also call upon the Somaliland administration to:

· Stop all hostilities at once, and observe good neighbourly relations that previous administrations had maintained with neighbouring regions,

· Realise that clan-motivated, land-grapping stratagem, and waging war upon stable regions and peace-loving peoples will not be tolerated,

· Note that attacking Sool and Sanaag predominantly inhabited by people of ***** will be regarded as a tribal war between **** and ******* , and will be dealt with accordingly,

· Note that Puntland State which came about as a result of the determination and resolv e on the part of the people in the said regions will defend its territories,

· Respect the will and desire of the people while listening to the voice of reason from the general public, and

· Address deteriorating security conditions in Somaliland, tackle the political upheavals within the Riyaale administrations which comprises of junior cadets and remnants of Siyad Barre’s dictatorial regime, and mostly engage and continue good neighbourly relations.

And finally, we call upon the Security Council, IGAD Member States, leaders of the free world, NGOs operating in Somalia and the international community at large to note Col. Riyaale’s blatant aggression, to penalise Somaliland government for violating UN Resolutions 751, 733, and the Eldoret Declaration on Cessation of Hostilities, and to pressure the Somaliland government to halt hostilities and all armed activities.

Chairman

Puntland Patriotic Party (PPP)

Garowe, Puntland State of Somalia

Email: puntlandpp@yahoo.com

22nd of December 2003

http://buuhoodle.net/ppp241203.htm

Very good of you mate - The feeling is mutual old chap!

Unpleasant times we seem to be heading towards in our corner of the world, but let's all hope the New Year ushers in a brighter future for the nomads! Best of luck,

Cheers.

"BISMILAAHI RAHMANI RAHIM"

WHAT'S COST FOR HIS UNTHINKABLE STEPS?

I HOPE HE WONT MAKE MISTAKE FOR HIS NEIGHBOURS.!!

AND REMEMBER HISTORY ALWAYS REPEAT ITSELF"

GOD~`~BLESS GREAT~SOMALIA"

I've got a question for all the Somaliland supporters. Why is it that you do not accept the Riyaale guy, after all he was the head of the NSS in Berbera.

So in keeping with the track record of Somalilanders speaking out against Siyad's old henchmen who took part in crimes I expect all the proud Somalilanders to denounce thier new President, otherwise you loose the moral high ground you have with me.

The National Security Service (NSS) was the intelligence arm of the Siyad Barre regime!!!!

Liqaye   

I hope this does not come to pass.

Libax i am also very intreasted in where all this war talk is bubbling up from.

Always in warlord politics there is one warlord or other that is threatening the other forcefully, it just seems to me i missed this fracas.

But i have already stated my case on these two fiefdoms and thier warlords, all i can hope for is that the afmiinsharin that would benefit from such hostilities mess up their plans, for allah (s.w.t) is the one who plan's and who plans better than he?

Liqaye   

by the way why do you inssit on calling riyale a colonel and talking about his militia causing problems in puntland?

the only colonel and head of a militia under grand names is INA YEY.

and besides although these two feifdoms have issues over sool and sanaag it is still very debatable who controls what dried up well.

The crows of a tribal partition of somalia are coming home to roost.

period.

military   

what is this talk about president riyale and the somaliland army saxiib(in future have some respect and refer people and things with their proper titles) u know very well it is puntland and their evil leader that is trying to claim somaliland territory and has now gone as far as actually crossing the border and capturing las caanood as well as killing people , frightening them off with fire power and holding somaliland officials as hostages. Somaliland in badan ayey u dul qaadanaysay faragelinta ******teeniya ay ku hayaan somaliland and now we are simply going to defend our country and unfortunately this is what that evil ******* colonel abdillahi yusef wants, to start a war and disturb the peace somaliland has but we will not put up with it any longer and we are ready to defend ourselves at all costs

but we will not put up with it any longer and we are ready to defend ourselves at all costs

is it worth to sacrify the peace and stability of somaliland which became the unique selling point of the somaliland government. you know the international media will only say "there is a civil war in somaliland.

LANDER   

This is truly pathetic,

I have never seen or heard of such a cowardly act in history. How does one party attack another, than cry foul to the UN security council??? I don't remember Japan doing the same after attacking Pearl Harbour nor do I remeber a comparable act to this in history, this truly is a new low for the blood thirsty warlord. The Puntland so-called administration has really mastered the art of propaganda, facts remain Yusuf got to power by murdering his closes political allies who were asking for democratic reforms and Riiyaale was elected to power. You can spew your lies all over the internet if you like, but facts remain. This cocroach has been a thorn in the side of Somaliland for far too long, on top of that he has the audacity to attack first. Yusuf might have struck first, but I guarantee he won't strike last. When has this coward ever won a war anyway?? As I remember his resume, it is filled with crushing defeats and cowardly retreats both at the hands of the ethiopians and the former dictator Barre. Having never won a war does he honestly believe he can win this one? I seriously doubt it. As they say "Once a coward, always a coward". I know some of you on this forum have been calling for this war for a long time now, guess your wish might finally come true.

N.O.R.F   

I just love the title

Col. Riyaale’s Militia Waging War on its Neighbours

,,,,,,i did'nt know flipping the news and turning it on it's head to portray the defendent as the attacker was an art that even somalis have managed to master, the writers should seek better paid work for Fox News or Sky!

Gabbal   

War waawareey yabku yaabkiis :eek: Yaa shida arkay. All this war talk leads one to think of two opposing states ( keyword : states) , each with state of the art weaponry with conflicting ideologies and each ready to fire a bullet for a just cause :D

Why is it that that's the impression one gets, when it's really about two murdering odayaals feud? :confused: Two handicapped senile old men; one without a kidney and one without leadership skills. :confused:

"Somaliland" was created as a direct threat to Somalia's sovereignty as "Puntland" was created as a direct threat to "Somaliland"'s recognition. The pawns on the chess game are set, let's see how they are played out.

Waaryaarahee, intaad hadalka iyo habaarka iska daysaan, is dejiya. Wax dagaal ah oo dhici ma jirto. Hadii Cabdullahi Yusuf dagaal soo qaado oo Somaliland forces uu weeraro iyo hadii Riyaale soo duulo oo LA qabsado, weli waxaad ogaataan dadka Laascaano degani waxay leeyiihiin Ra'yi oo xoolo ma aha. Ni maanta dad aan doonayn iyagu isku khasbi karaana ma jiro.

Laascaano waxaa iska leh Reer Laascaano. Cid xoog wax ku maamulaysaana ma jiri doonto. Riyaale ama Cabdulllahi Yusuf midkuu doono ha ahaadee.

Shaydaanka iska naara oo is qoboojiya. Dagaalna dhici mayee habaarka iyo saadaasha xun iska daaya.