Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

History: when the USC fell out of love with Ethiopia...1999

Aideed supporters flee 'Ethiopian-backed' factions

Hundreds of Somalis are reported to be fleeing the town of Qoryoleh, south of the capital Mogadishu, fearing an advance by factions they believe are backed by Ethiopia.

The exodus from the town and neighbouring villages is made up mainly of supporters of Hussein Aideed, and they are making their way towards Mogadishu.

They told journalists they were worried that Qoryoleh would be attacked by Ethiopian troops who they say are supporting the Rahanwein Resistance Army (RRA).

The RRA took the town of Baidoa from the forces of Hussein Aideed this month, after several days of fierce fighting.

Hussein Aideed said Ethiopian tanks and heavy weapons were responsible for his defeat.

Ethiopia has denied arming any militias or sending in its own armed forces.

The RRA says Qoryoleh is being used as the main military base for Ethiopian Oromo groups, which it says are helping Hussein Aideed with backing from Eritrea.

Anti-Ethiopian songs

Last week, thousands of Somalis packed into the main football stadium in Mogadishu to protest at Ethiopia's alleged occupation of parts of southern Somalia. [reminds me of today]

A group of musicians sang anti-Ethiopian songs and protesters were addressed by one of Hussein Aideed's senior aides.

Earlier this month, the southern Somali port of Kismaayo was reported to have changed hands after a fierce artillery battle.

Kismaayo was captured by militamen from the Somali National Front, which is allied to Hussein Aideed.

More than 20 people were killed in the fighting over the port, witnesses said.

The SNF is reported to have the support of the government of neighbouring Eritrea.

Somali warlord blames Ethiopia for defeat

Hussein Aideed (right) says Ethiopia used aircraft and tanks

The leader of one of Somalia's largest factions has accused Ethiopia of helping capture the town of Baidoa during heavy fighting on Saturday.

South Mogadishu warlord Hussein Aideed admitted his forces had lost Baidoa to the Rahanwein Resistance Army, but said Ethiopian tanks and heavy weapons were responsible for his defeat.

Ethiopia has strongly denied arming any militias or sending in its own armed forces.

Baidoa has been much fought over

There has been no independent confirmation of the situation in Baidoa.

The BBC's Cathy Jenkins, who is in Mogadishu, says Ethiopia and Eritrea, which are involved in a border conflict, appear to be waging a proxy war in Somalia.

She says Ethiopia is concerned that rebel Ethiopian groups - such as the Oromo Liberation Front - are being armed by Eritrea, and that weapons are being channelled through Hussein Aideed.

Eritrea has denied these allegations.

Ethiopia denies involvement in Baidoa

The town of Baidoa has been much fought over, and control has changed hands several times.

Last month, the Rahanwein Resistance Army captured it for a few hours, but quickly withdrew.

Embargo 'violated'

In recent months, there have been reports of arms being shipped to Somalia, in violation of a 1992 embargo.

Last Friday, the UN Security Council said it was alarmed by these reports, but did not name any countries that were in contravention of the ban.

Ethiopia has been accused of involvement in Somali rivalries elsewhere in the country.

In the south-western region of Gedo, the Somali National Front (SNF) alleged that Ethiopian forces had mistreated civilians and detained prominent business and religious leaders in the town of Luq.

When the SNF lost control of Luq to a breakaway faction on Saturday, the ousted SNF leaders said Ethiopian troops and military hardware were responsible for their defeat.

They said the Ethiopians had moved to capture two more small towns, Golwayn and Yurkud, some 40km from Luq.

However, independent sources said they had no information of more towns being taken.

Ethiopia has not responded to the accusations.

erselam   

What is your conclusion? That "Ethiopia will fight for me?"

Be a Somali with balls man. Have confidence on yourself.

Don;t be a pest like A/Yusuf.

^^^My conlusion is simple the hate for Ethiopia and love for Eritria was never about religion. It was about the support Adis gave to the RRA and the fact that the RRA defeated the unbeatable USC.

The clan courts = USC, their hate for Ethiopia is in defence of the illgoten gains of lower shabbele and Banadir. Thats my conclusion.

erselam   

It is good that you are making youself clear.

Don't be a cripple. What I am telling you is to stand on your own and stop bragging that you have

Ethiopia on your side.

Ethiopia has never wanted to see a Somalia that can stand on its own feet. It has frustrated a number of peace inniatives and attempted to buy peace within at the cost of Somalia.

Millions of Somalis are aware of this naked truth. And they are working to build a strong and unified Somalia.

You are a mentally raped person with a Xabashi mind. Be proud of yourself like the rest of Somalis.

Stop bragging about your "big" uncle, Ethiopia.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^My conlusion is simple the hate for Ethiopia and love for Eritria was never about religion. It was about the support Adis gave to the RRA and the fact that the RRA defeated the unbeatable USC.

The clan courts = USC, their hate for Ethiopia is in defence of the illgoten gains of lower shabbele and Banadir. Thats my conclusion.

^^^lol, saxib a man who's own country is in ruins has nothing to offer us. Our fire will be taken out insha Allah. Eritrea has its own problems. My advice to you is, come out clean, face me like a man, I am bored of these pretences of yours.

As for the Ethiopia, its an ally, why should anyone want to distance its allies. Eritrea is an ally of the clan courts, Ethiopia is an ally of the TFG. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Two Christain dominated regimes, the only difference is that Ethiopia packs a bigger punch, simple really.

erselam   

Eritrea wants to see a stronger Somalia for many known reasons. Somalia's strength is what Eritrea wants. TO the contrary Ethiopia is after a weak and stateless Somalia.

Duke Eritrea gains nothing out of Somalia's weakness.

Mentally raped criples can not understand this truth. Thanks to Allah your type is a minority in Somalia.

Ever since the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) uprooted many of the Ethiopian funded warlords whose sole existence was for the destruction and the maintenance of chaos and lawlessness in Somalia, not a single day passes without hearing from the head of the Ethiopian autocracy. The self-anointed spokesman of the Somali Transitional Federal Government, TFG, Mr. Meles Zenawi, appears to contradict himself repeatedly while attempting to paint the UIC as an 'Alqaeda' affiliate without providing a single shred of evidence.

One day Mr. Zenawi is heard denying the widely reported sighting and presence of Ethiopian troops in many parts of Somalia especially in Baidoba, the home of the TFG. The next day he is said to have acknowledged the presence of 'armed Ethiopian trainers' in parts of the Somali republic. Finally he has accepted the futility in his denials about the presence of Tigrian troops in Somalia by admitting that he is 'technically' at war with UIC in other words he is arguing that the end justifies the means. To Zenawi's hallucinating mind, being 'technically at war' with UIC justifies the illegal deployment of thousands of Ethiopian troops deep inside Somalia.

The stories about 'Alqaeda', about 'foreign fighters' and 'Jihadists' being part of the UIC are ones made up by Zenawi to further his own interest of garnering both moral and military support from the world community in the name of fighting 'terror'. Zenawi is also employing scarecrow tactics to convince the US to get funding for his myriad militias who have not been paid for months. Further as discussed in detail in many of our earlier editorials, Zenawi is exploiting the Somali situation to stir up Ethiopian nationalist sentiments in order to lull his own people from realizing the abject failure of Zenawi's military escapades in ******, and in Eritrea for example.

There is no basis for Zenawi's tattletales about Somalia and the UIC. The objective of the renewed publicity stunts employed by the head of the autocracy in Addis Ababa through public releases and open invitations for interview is to discourage the TFG from attending the Khartoum conference slated for the end of this month. The intention is to create a poisonous environment that does not allow both the TFG and the UIC to make the necessary concessions required to resolve the Somali situation. The world community especially the United States should neither authorize nor fund Ethiopia's military adventure in Somalia.

The Somalis should be encouraged to resolve their differences. Zenawi should be reminded that he is not the prime minister of Somalia but that of a failed state called Ethiopia. If Zenawi has the means to resolve a military crisis or a political situation he should resolve the long standing ****** issue instead of engaging in tattletales about Somalia.

Taken from ******.com

Eritrea wants to see a stronger Somalia for many known reasons. Somalia's strength is what Eritrea wants. TO the contrary Ethiopia is after a weak and stateless Somalia.

Duke Eritrea gains nothing out of Somalia's weakness.

Mentally raped criples can not understand this truth. Thanks to Allah your type is a minority in Somalia.

It seems Eritrea does not want a strong Muslim community in its own country. Your whole driffle is just a joke. You make me laugh.

erselam   

That is all I needed. I wanted to have everyone see you naked. You are half stripped. I will leave you here for today.

Get dressed A/Yusuf. You are weak and dependent. Learn to stand on your own feet.

I will meet you tomorrow the same place or may be Awash smile.gif

^^^Ok naked is the claims of the clan courts of Mogadishu and their fakery. You are the very example of this. How can we take this faction and your like seriously when Isiah [Judeo-Christian] Aferwarki is pulling its strings. Eritrea wants to play a role in the region it has very right. The clan courts are their proxy, no problem. My point is this the same idiotic politics of the region and nothing to do with my beautiful faith of Islam.

Oh have you confirmed that you are a Muslim, so I can address you as brother.

Chimera   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^lol, saxib a man who's own country is in ruins has nothing to offer us. Our fire will be taken out insha Allah. Eritrea has its own problems. My advice to you is, come out clean, face me like a man, I am bored of these pretences of yours.

As for the Ethiopia, its an ally, why should anyone want to distance its allies. Eritrea is an ally of the clan courts, Ethiopia is an ally of the TFG. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Two Christain dominated regimes, the only difference is that Ethiopia packs a bigger punch, simple really.

the eritrean punch packed 123 000 dead ethiopian soldiers

the bigger they are the harder they fall

let's not play with historical facts

Ethiopia is no Ally to Somalia

not as long as it continues to commit human rights abuses on our people in Somali Galbeed

the people that are harrassing our people there aren't indocadde and co or Eritreans so who cares he duke?

you need to extend your vocabulary indocadde and co seraar clan courts bla bla

Ad nauseam!!

You got to be kidding me. redface.gif You're an eritrean yet you're telling a somalian man who to solve his countries problems and who to support. Remember as much as people hate or don't trust the ethopians and their intension is the same way some of us feel about you. And don't think that is minority view. I think some one lie to you here so come back to this world and solve your country's problems first. :mad:

Originally posted by Santaaro-Saaxiib:

You got to be kidding me.
redface.gif
You're an eritrean yet you're telling a somalian man who to solve his countries problems and who to support. Remember as much as people hate or don't trust the ethopians and their intension is the same way some of us feel about you. And don't think that is minority view. I think some one lie to you here so come back to this world and solve your country's problems first. :mad:

Eritrea having realized it cannot be a major power and its dictator having realized he cannot be the big man of the neighborhood have chosen to be a nuisance for everyone.

Isayas realizes that, if Somalia is reconstituted in a federal way and all its regions will have their peace with each other, Somalia will be a hundred times more important country than his and president Abdullahi Yusuf will be more important leader than Isayas.

Jacpher   

if Somalia is reconstituted in a federal way and all its regions will have their peace with each other, Somalia will be a hundred times more important country than his and president Abdullahi Yusuf will be more important leader than Isayas.

You're damn right! Somalia is more important to Melez than Eriteria. What you mean by federal way?? More division than we already have?

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

quote: if Somalia is reconstituted in a federal way and all its regions will have their peace with each other, Somalia will be a hundred times more important country than his and president Abdullahi Yusuf will be more important leader than Isayas.

You're damn right! Somalia is more important to Melez than Eriteria. What you mean by federal way?? More division than we already have?
Its the people of somalia who choose what kind of government they will have for the country and no body else. The last time I checked the people of Somalia through their representatives have chosen the Federal system.

Somalia is more important to anyone worth his salt. Portuguese, Spanish, British, Soviet, French, Ottoman egypt, Ottomans, Anglo egypt...etc are witnesses for the importance of Somalia.

Meles is a 50 year old man. The portueguese were important some 500 years ago.

I don't have any propaganda words that start and end with Meles.

Meles did not "create" or settle the somali in the most important location of all.