Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

I can go freely anywhere I want and I can target my enemy by sight.

RedSea   

By brave 15 yr. somali fighter Farah Ismail in Muqdisho.

Somali Islamists Emboldened, Set Sights On Capital

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

(AP - In a Tuesday Nov. 4, 2008 file photo, Somali militia of Al-Shabab are seen during exercises at their .)

hadhwanaag 2008-11-14 (Hadhwanaagnews) MOGADISHU, Somalia(HWN):–With an assault rifle slung over his shoulder and a glass of sweet tea in his hand, 15-year-old Farah Ismail was all smiles Friday at an outdoor cafe in Mogadishu, one of the most dangerous cities on earth.

A fighter for al-Shabab, a radical Islamic group at the heart of Somalia's deadly insurgency, Ismail was clearly emboldened. His comrades advanced to within miles of Somalia's capital in the last few days, seizing vast territory in recent weeks and vowing to use strict Muslim rules to bring their lawless Horn of Africa country under control.

"I am happy with how things are going here," Ismail said, squinting under the dazzling sun in this once-beautiful seaside capital, which has crumbled into a scorched, bullet-pocked shantytown during Somalia's 20 years of anarchy. "I can go freely anywhere I want and I can target my enemy by sight."