Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Why Somalia should adopt a flat-tax system

Peacenow   

Fast growing countries in Eastern Europe, like the Baltic states and Georgia and Czech Republic all have implented the flat tax system. Even the United States and Germany are considering it.

Here is why I think, why we should now have a similar system.

With the policy of stablising the country is now paramount, attention will soon turn to economic matters. This is a arena, I have a keen interest in. Firstly, all the factors favor a strong economic growth like type scenario, if the country is stabilized.

The people are independent, favor little government involvement and are very disposed to entrepreneurial.

The results are there to see, the country has been the field of numerous research into how countries can still thrive, without a government. So the potential and will is there, if the correct system is implemented.

Why a flat tax for Somalia

1) Countries that have implemented have gown very fast.

2) Simple to implement, creates efficiency

3) Easy to understand for business and conducive to encouraging foreign investment

4) Encourages business creation and independence from government.

Cetainly there are minues but the positives outwieght it.

Above all, it encourages a simpler form of government, that I think, within a federal type of system, suits the mentality of the people from a overbearing central government and encourages the activism that will enable the country to leap-frog other countries in the region.

The potential is there. I would be interested to know the profile if someone has it, of the economic minister.

His job now, is very important in laying the groundwork for growth that the country needs.

I'm impressed with the economic team that has managed Sudan in recent years, which is very competent for a African state.

NASSIR   

You right progressive tax system works best in developed countries, for it redistributes in a way the high income of the rich to the poor.

I will recommend that these four raising revenue mechanism dimension.

1)Tax revenues from production sectors (i.e. livestock, agriculture and fisheries).

(2)Tax revenues from private investment and commercial and trade activities.

(3)Revenues levied from import and export duties at all ports.

(4)Levy on land users, road users and port users to meet service charges.