Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Mogadisho's Obession with Yeey

Ok people, I don't usually start topics here, but I felt had to start...Two things kept repeating themselves in these threads, one being the issue of Somaliland, and the second being Yeey.Lets put the former issue aside, and lets disect the latter.

Yeey in my opinion is psychotic man who would do anything to get what he wants, and history proves this looking back everything he had done. The man would kill his own brother if that would ensure the Somali presidency. We know what he is ,what he wants and frankly he neither denies or make no apologies for anything. Now the question is what does rest of Somalia wants and how does fit into Yeey's world.

Starting up north, Somaliland has established itself as functioning democracy who feels its past grievances could only be addressed by outright independence from Somalia. Their goals are clear. How does Yeey fit into Sland issue, Well the Sool/Sanaag issue is Sland's main concern, and Yeey is right in the middle of it.

As for Puntland, the establishment of this region wants unified federal Somalia where they can play an important role, and not take the back seat. They also want to considilate their lands, and resources so that their influence is ensured. They also would love to see one of their own to run the country even it means Yeey. They tolerate Yeey mainly becuase they value peace and stability, but also many believe that he is the right to put down any threats from the south or the north. In their mind, this man is both ruthless and decisive, and this makes the right to lead in this period of uncertainty.

Now what do Mogadisho, and the rest of the south want, and how Yeey fits into that world. The reality is no one knows what they want, but we do know their shared disdain towards Yeey. Their only goal is to keep Yeey from becoming the president.Now that might be legitimate concern, but what else do they want for people in the south and larger Somali community.What are their goals and aspirations for Somalia. The warlords in mogadisho controlled the city for 14 long years in which they were not able to establish any viable local authority. They couldn't even agree on whether the airport and seaport should be opened. All they did is kill, abuse, and exploit the people , I dare say even more than Barre and Yeey. One thing is clear and this is also my sincere, there will not be peaceful and unified Somalia as long as Mogadisho is unstable and divided. Now one wonders, can the warlords in mogadisho unify the city, or will they continue obsessing about Yeey, a man literally many many miles away from Mogadisho ( the center of any future Somali goverment).

Gabbal   

this man is both ruthless and decisive, and this makes the right to lead in this period of uncertainty.

This alone makes me think you are from "Puntland". And ther's no shame in saying your from there, but its better to be u[pfront from the beginning.

Second you said "Somaliland" and ina Yey are most talked about in this forum and I'll tell you why.

If you go out into the larger world, you'll know that's not the case. But in here the majority nomads are either from "Somaliland" or "Puntland".

And obviously they'll talk about what matters most to them, and in this case "Puntland" for Abdulahi Yusuf and Somaliland for recognition.

So in essence what you should ask Che Guevera is:

Not why Muqdisho is obsessed with Abdulahi Yusuf, but why is Abdulahi Yusuf obsessed with Muqdisho. :cool:

Xoogsade   

Obsession with leadership is a sign of what is to come of abuse and corruption. Men should be appointed as leaders by the people and men should not appoint themselves or seek leadership through unconscionable means. You have to fear a man who loves to rule, who has killed for it and will definitely kill for it again. What guarantees do people have to dislodge him peacefully once they come to dislike his rule?

I have no doubt in my mind that people came to identify Somali leadership and Xukunjeceel with corruption and abuse, Hence, their lack of enthusiasm for power seekers. To them, a powerful man means a loss of freedom, injustice, massive arrests, favouratism(just look in the forum and the people who are the supporters of their immidiate tribesman, can you trust them?), appropriations, and ultimately loss of life. Who can blame them for their distrust?

Aniga ra'yigeyga waxaa waaye, Somali yeysan xukun u dhiiban nin xukun jecel oo diinna aan waxba ka ogeyn. May all the warlords and Dictatorial Men die in pain so We can live in peace wherever we are.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

So in essence what you should ask Che Guevera is:

Not why Muqdisho is obsessed with Abdulahi Yusuf,
but why is Abdulahi Yusuf obsessed with Muqdisho.
:cool:

Do you really have to ask this question...LoL

Well here is simple answer, he wants to run the place with iron fist just the last guy before him.He wants to be the boss of all Somalis.

Now, as for your inquiry about where Iam from, well my family are from Beledweyne and have left Puntland almost 80 years ago, but I guess what matters to Somalis is Qabiil...So Yeah Iam from the Qabiil that occopies Pland, and I make no secret of that fact. It is just that unlike some people I don't wear my Qabiil name as badge of honor, and I certainly don't have the need to mention my qabiil in order engage in debate. There are no prerequisites here to debating.

So, now that I have answered your question, and satisfied your curiousity about my qabiil origins, can answer my questions , or perhaps you wanna ask another one or start guessing my sub-clan.

We have established Yeey is power hungry pyschopath, the question is what do the boys in Mogadisho want. What do they do other than opposing Yeey everytime there is Somali conference.

Xoogsade...I couldn't agree more bro. If I had my way all Sayidists would be out whether they were military or civilian. These men all have tyrannical tendencies.

Liqaye   

Brother Che, I had not realised that mogadishu was obsessed with Yusuf, indeed using your litmus test of SOL posts the only people who seem to have been bewitched beyond reason by Yusuf are the puntlanders.

There are many myth's that have been created and fostered by the long years of war from the raison d'etre of both puntland and somaliland, to the histories that diffrent people adhere to all over somalia.

One that I hear always being repeated is that of the warlords not having been able to create peace in southern and central somalia.

This conviniently hides the fact that these political marauders where never representative of the aspirations of the southern somalis.

Indeed these men schooled during the 21 years of dictatorship towards the most fundamental baseness and inhumanity have held the people of southern somalia hostage more effectivley than what an Abdulahi Yusuf [who is of the same mentality] fettered by clan considerations, and collective leadership would have liked to have done all over somalia.

All so men such as the warlords that have thrived and prospered in the violence and vacuum could not be expected to bring peace to somalia.

Consequently to ask such a question is specious at the very least and pointless.

As for the obsession that mogadishu is supposed to have with Yusuf, it stems from several factors, although I would not call Yusuf charismatic as I dont like to use such vague definitions he is certainly larger than life, [in the same way as puntlands bogeyman Aideed uptill today is for you guys], and he would like to be president, a presidency rightly or wongly people believe will only work if it is accorded to some one from central/southern somalia.

Southern somalis have drawn the same conclusion, that ALL somalis where ever they may be have, namely, democracy capitalism and self reliance are what will dig somalia and every somali individual out of the hole somalis have dug themselves into.

To ascribe some other pervesity to southern somalis, will only mean that somalis will go there own seperate ways, an undertaking no one wants, but a conclusion that will be drawn if Yusuf attempts to rule multi-cultural, multi-clan somalia like mono-clan puntland.

Originally posted by LIQAYE:

Brother Che, I had not realised that mogadishu was obsessed with Yusuf, indeed using your litmus test of SOL posts the only people who seem to have been bewitched beyond reason by Yusuf are the puntlanders.

Thats true for some Planders but for not all, and using the same litmus tests of SOL posts, Iam sure everyday you see Non-Pladers jumping their guns at any reference to Yeey in any post, and at the same time defending the at like C/Qasim, Cadow, Biraale, Sudi, and so forth. Now, this makes wonder what logic do people use to critise one criminal and in the same sentence come the defence of another.

There are many myth's that have been created and fostered by the long years of war from the raison d'etre of both puntland and somaliland, to the histories that diffrent people adhere to all over somalia.

Myths or no myths, the reason Pland or Sland (tribal enclaves)exist is simply cuz Mogadisho couldn't get its act together.

This conviniently hides the fact that these political marauders where never representative of the aspirations of the southern somalis

That might be so, but don't the people in the south have a voice, and desire some normalcy like their northern brethens, a normacly which I might add is not perfect, but yet better than total choas.

To ascribe some other pervesity to southern somalis, will only mean that somalis will go there own seperate ways, an undertaking no one wants, but a conclusion that will be drawn if Yusuf attempts to rule multi-cultural, multi-clan somalia like mono-clan puntland

Iam not ascribing any perversity to my brothers, but Iam stating sad fact . They must demand peace and seek some sort of normalcy, and way to regaining some sense of the lost Somali State. Yusuf will try to run Somalia like monoclan,Lets hope never gets that chance.

Otali.....Plz ha ii faani nin some Sayid Barre lackey....Get me someone who had nothing with the past regime, and I will support fully.

Baashi   

Che,

Ever heard the maah maah "Ragna ma aha, Ragna wax uma oga" Now substitute the "rag" with some known politicians be it SLer, PLer, NOer, or any other ambitious politician in Somalia and/or its regional parts and you will see that it is not reer Mogadishu or any other city that it is obsessed with them but the leaders themselves are the ones who are making news everyday.

Inna Yeey is a newsmaker! If your characterization of reer Mogadishu is right, I can only guess why! I think it is because inna Yeey challenged effectively the notion that for Somalia to stabilize Mogadishu must be neutralized. In so doing one of the many personalities of the clans who reside must be given the top position. That was the position of the PL elites namely Inna Hajji Hussein, Galeydh, Inna Ali Mirre, Inna Abshir Haamaan, and the co.

Here you have Inna Yeey with an attitude, overconfidence, and a bit of arrogance in his voice who disdains the appeasement politics. His politics is different from what one would have expected from a "defeated" tribe to quote our resident scholar Mr. Oodweyne. Rather he is on the offensive telling the same personalities Inna Abshir Haamaan thought their support must be garnered that if they don't get on the same page with other so called leaders regardless of their tribe, the stormy rain will wash them into the drain or as he was quoted by the BBC "daadka deyrta baa qaadi doona"

I happen to agree with, the softies crowd such as, Inna Hajji Hussein and Inna Abshir Haamaan. If Plers can get the country stabilized in its original unitary form that which Plers retain regional autonomy in our neck of the wood then Plers would be able to manage any crisis just in case. Plers have to compromise and let them have the top seat with so many strings attached. After all, this tribe had been in charge for so long and they have failed the country miserably. Somalia that is federal, powerless in its center-periphery configuration, and unbreakable is something we can live with until new bread of leaders take the helms of power.

Inna yeey is a lone wolf, he thinks he knows what he is doing, he made blunder after blunder. Puntland doesn't have an independent panel that advice the administration in political, economical, and social issues of the day. He excluded anyone with iota of independent political judgment and expertise. He antagonized the folks of the North and PL has to maintain standing troops - very costly- to keep eye on that front. He had made a lot of enemies. He cut the support we've been getting from Muslim/Arab states.

What a blunder! He has the support of the uncritical admirers who equate the interest of their people with the political ambitions of this particular leader as if the two are mutually inclusive.

Waa sidey ila tahay.

Gabbal   

He has the support of the uncritical admirers who equate the interest of their people with the political ambitions of this particular leader as if the two are mutually inclusive.

Has Baashi diagnosed Smith's love affair with Abdulahi Yusuf?

Liqaye   

Che said:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by LIQAYE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats true for some Planders but for not all, and using the same litmus tests of SOL posts, Iam sure everyday you see Non-Pladers jumping their guns at any reference to Yeey in any post, and at the same time defending the at like C/Qasim, Cadow, Biraale, Sudi, and so forth. Now, this makes wonder what logic do people use to critise one criminal and in the same sentence come the defence of another.

Brother Che this is the politics section of SOL it mirrors all half knowledgeable discussions that occur where ever two somalis come together to talk about somali politics, in that sense Abdulahi Yusuf like I said is a pre-eminent figure in somali political discourse, as such all his bombast and bully boy tactics or his saintly qualities [ depending on who is proffering an opinion] will be disscussed and dissected ad nauseaum.

A particular reason why I take periodic breaks from the SOL politics.

Iam sure everyday you see Non-Pladers jumping their guns at any reference to Yeey in any post, and at the same time defending the at like C/Qasim, Cadow, Biraale, Sudi, and so forth. Now, this makes wonder what logic do people use to critise one criminal and in the same sentence come the defence of another.

Well sometimes opposition to Ina yusuf means aligning yourself with any one who might be opposing him [by the way could you explain how Dr.Addow managed to slip into the long list of warlords you compiled?], it is situational and such convergence in political intreasts happen all the time, it is naive to believe people will support Abdullahi Yusuf by supporting poets and singers, it is naive to ask which logic people use to oppose Abdullahi Yusuf rightly or wrongly when most opposition to him is not well thought out but rather is yet another manifestation of qabilist thinking, as is most support for him.

quote:

quote:

Myths or no myths, the reason Pland or Sland (tribal enclaves)exist is simply cuz Mogadisho couldn't get its act together.

Now that is another myth that is being added to the lexicon of half truths that mislead in a way that only half truths can.

Do not be fooled Somaliland is a product of a power struggle with in the S.N.M one that goes on until today, a power struggle whereby the supporters of "a morally bankrupt independence " have won out temporarily.

Puntland on the other hand means diffrent things to diffrent people let us just sum it up under the banner of never again.

We must as well recognize one key fact, the politicos that rule in hargeisa and bossaso realized the fact that ther writ will extend only with in their clan domains, it has been the bane of the citizenry of central southern somalia, that the half men who call themselves leaders have understood the control of mogadishu to be synonymous with the presidency of somalia, despite Baashi's post we will only know if they were vindicated in their skewered view on October 10th.

Iam not ascribing any perversity to my brothers, but Iam stating sad fact . They must demand peace and seek some sort of normalcy, and way to regaining some sense of the lost Somali State. Yusuf will try to run Somalia like monoclan,Lets hope never gets that chance

I am sorry brother if you believe that the the populace of central and southern somalia, believe that the present situation is preferable to " some sort of normalcy", beyond that I believe that the life somalis live in somalia is only fine gradations of normalcy, what we need in somalia is more than that, and I am glad that you have understood Yusuf will be the last man to deliver what is needed.

this is a qoute from your first post:

Yeey in my opinion is psychotic man who would do anything to get what he wants, and history proves this looking back everything he had done. The man would kill his own brother if that would ensure the Somali presidency. We know what he is ,what he wants and frankly he neither denies or make no apologies for anything

We have got plenty of psychotic, mal adjusted, patricides in our ranks, and really it just boils down to a competion between hyenas with the ugliest laugh.

It behooves the both of us not to get involved beyond this thread in such pointless arguments.

Brother Baashi that was an intreasting veiw on things.

Personally I switched of on the politics of personality when it comes to Abdullahi yusuf.