Sign in to follow this  
macalimuu

Ghedi's Weakness: to become Yusuf's hand-puppet

Mr. Yusuf is determined to outfox the beleaguered Samata-bixinta warlords ( Muse & Ato and their Co. ) with the appointment of Ghedi as the prime minister. The prime minister has no political weight and is himself inclined to a certain factions. He is part of the SRRC faction and he is not a consensus builder. It look as if that there is no power sharing and concessions among the factions and that will make things harder for the nascent government.

Some eminent warlords in the capital are already relinquishing their parliament seats and are rallying to form an unconventional political congregation for the sole purpose of defeating this Ethiopian backed government. This would be an impediment to genuine and legitimate reconciliation and will create another bloody clashes and disastrous confrontation in the capital. Some circles have already made known how discontented they are with the Embagathi outcome. The two most important clans of Hiraab in the capital are at odds within their ownleadership and their reaction to the unpopular government, to say the least, is alarmingly frenzied and discouraging. It is back to the beginning, 1991 all over again. Only this time, we do have a warlord president with a penchant dictatorial record, inexperienced prime minister and a puppet government in exile. And worse than before, the Somalia’s political warlords and ungovernable clansmen are repositioning themselves to out maneuver each other. Again, like the 1990s, the victims would be the Somali people.

being practically unimpressed with this whole political conundrum and pointing some of its future challenges doesn't translate to defeatist mentality unless you are one of those Somalis who still think along clan lines and view every arguments through the tribe lenses. All i am trying to suggest is for Ghedi to succeed, he has to formulate his plans and objectives plainly and make sure that there is a system of checks and balances. The president has to not transgress hips constitutional powers and stay within his ceremonial boundries.

Coloow   

A power hungry col

+

A qaadwade shariif

+

A musician/singer

+

A vet Dr

What a combination :(

The colonel would provide the muscles if need comes

; The shariif would provide the qaad and cash-

The musician would provide the LILAW-LILAW (qaaci)

and

When the going gets tough, the vet would use animal vaccines

Jokes aside, I wonder how this government is going to rebuild the country? It has enormous challenges. It could easily build trust, brotherhood etc etc...but there is the economic burden. The issue of BOOLI qaran. Nine million somalis who want to live off the bounties of nationhood.

For a nation to be competitive, you need some resources, which unforunately somalia does not have. Taxation is one area that could bring income- but my instincts tell me somalis are not good taxpayers.

We have one alternative: that is begging Arab countries and richer western countries: A begger is not free.

and...

lastly, the IRHAABI business might bring in some cash, but would these be enough for a nation that is populated by easy-earning-easy living somalis?

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Caaqil:

A power hungry col

+

A qaadwade shariif

+

A musician/singer

+

A vet Dr

What a combination
:(

Loooooooooooool.... :D:D:D

This had me rolling in the ground....how in heavens name did u come up with it.

Coloow   

Jumatatu, mzee, that is called post-afur innovation. smile.gifsmile.gif

I have a friend here in this little manyatta in Sweden , who is politically informed. I hardly read somali related news. He is my correspondent and what I wrote above is related to the info he gave me.

Caaqil LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Now that is FUNNY!!!!!!!

As for my brother who suggested i might be basing my DEFEATISM comment along tribal lines.

Brother That comment came as a result of serious study on the Somali "psyche"

As a result one thing is clear

We always try to bash those that try to do something positive even if their success would literaly become our success

While we are doing so We never come up with an alternative suggestion

We never try to hail our successes simply because it isnt me or us!!(mentality)

We simply enjoy sitting in the sidelines happily criticising without the courage to step up to the plate.

That is the reason i came up with my comment Brother

i want you to look at our people and tell me if i am wrong!!!!!

Jumatatu   

Caqiil ebu umulize huyu jama yako, mambo takuwaje , Hussein Aideed Wasiru za Nji za gigene, Colonel Shaatigaduud Wasiru za Feda. Hapo ndio nataka ku juwa Serekali za Colonel Yeey ita onikana vipi?

Orgilaaqe u have already said , dont spin it sxb,

Jumatatu we unafikiri ni pekeyako mswahili hapa?.

As for your comment on my spin you seem to be veruy Touchy! DID that feel much closer to home!Too close close for comfort maybe?.

Coloow   

Jumatatu, LOL. jama nyangu anasema:

Aydid- waziri za fidna

Shati- Waziri za wachenzi

yalahow-waziri za mneno

Morgan-waziri za pompe

Yusuf-Raisi za mgendo

Mimi ni waziri ya walendo.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

Wasenge Baridi nyinyi

Loh..! Jamani...! Mbona matusi..?

Ajiibu..! I thought SOL was ceritified.. :confused:

raula   

"lift varrey"

hehehe..kuna shida na LIFT VARREY kichana ;) sasa we mbona unatugana nyayo ;)

wazee wa siasa..wachaneni na siasa ya "FUNGA TWENDE" icon_razz.gif hamja sikia asiye funzwa na mamaye hufunzwa na ulimwengu..

Caaqil-waziri wa walendo eh :eek: nami ni D.O. wa wenyeji ;)

Jumatano-we ni M.P. wa mtaani au ;)