Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Chinese organisation to build new roads in Galkacyu and other parts of Puntland

Hay’ad Chinese ah oo dayactir ku samayneysa waddooyinka magaalada Gaalkacyo iyo meelo kale

Gaalkacyo -

26.November.2004 Wafdi uu hoggaaminayo Lu Chi oo u dhashay waddanka Shiinaha isla markaasna mas'uul ka ah hay'ad dayactirrada jidadka ka shaqeysa oo laga leeyahay waddanka Shiinaha ayaa galabta ka soo degey garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Gaalkacyo.

Hay'addan oo ah mid dhisme ayaa waxay dayactir ka bilaabeysaa jidadka gudaha magaalada Gaalkacyo mustaqbalka dhow.

Warku wuxuu intaasi ku darayaa in lagu wado in hay'adani ay mashaariic dhisme iyo dayactir ka bilaabeyso magaalooyin kale oo Puntland ka mid ah, gaar ahaan waddada Garacad iyo Gaalkacyo oo la sheegay in ay dhisme ka bilaabeyso.

Maxamed Cabdi Bootaan

SBC Gaalkacyo

Mashalah.

I remember stories people used to tell me about the Chinese in the 70s when they were working on the road between Galkayo and Garowe. They feasted on the abundance of swines and pigs, yet many casualties were inflicted by hyenas and snakes.

The casualties weren't a big deal for the Chinese, because as we all know manpower is not an issue for them.

By the way Smith, I would like to open a discussion with all the Planders in SOL about the straining issue of staying in Pland or remigrate to the south. This should be interesting. I belive we should stay in Pland and carry on, but many Planders I know think differently and can't wait to get their hands on their property in the south. Even many relatives of mine are planning to invest in the south in a large scale.

BN   
What I do not understand is why it is so costly to build a road in Somalia? Materials and labour seems inexpensive, is it then the foreign know-how? Is it the local companies that are asking for exsorbatant amounts? Why is it that local roads in towns/cities can be constructed? And how is it that the road from Garacad iyo Gaalkacyo is still on-going?

Bari Nomad, honestly speaking, the Pland government lacks political will and vision. In Bosaso for instance paved roads have been built by local construction companies. And semi-beggars 'repair' roads and in turn drivers have to throw some 1000s Ssh through the window.

And now some Chinese are building roads in the city of Galkayo, something that was badly needed.

The only action taken from the Pland government on the roads is through the governmental organisation NESHA. NESHA has cut bushes that narrowed the road.

About the prospected paved road between Galkayo-Gara'ad dubbed as the Wadagsin project. I do feel it is a genuine project, but somewhere deep within me I didn't and still don't really expect much of it.

Partly because, the family that controls Gara'ad is the Abdi Isse family and they demand part of the taxes when Gara'ad port will be used on a commercial basis. Wich is of course unacceptable, but reality on the ground nonetheless.

I must say that this is very good news from Smith. I'll be going to Pland the summer after next Inshalah. I can hardly wait.

NASSIR   

Great news . Roads are just the beautiful part of any country. If your roads are paved and clear, it is a progress.

Nationalist, I have never heard of local construction companies that paved roads in Boosaaso. Can you go into detail or bring some convincing support for your info. If that is true, why the city has too many dusty, gravelled streets?

ICSV03P10_13