Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Hungary's military bishop resigns for love

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungary's Catholic military bishop has resigned because he wants to marry a woman he met in the church's renewal movement, media reported Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Brigadier General Tamas Szabo, 50, has been preaching to Catholic soldiers, border guards and their families since 2001.

The Roman Catholic Church insists priests remain celibate and has ruled out letting them marry.

The Hungarian Catholic Church said on its Web site that Pope Benedict had accepted Szabo's resignation. Szabo told national news agency MTI: "I do not want to talk about my private life,

I don't think that is a public matter."

Source

Thats all bullshit,what normal man can be with out a woman for God knows till when.Who are they kidding.No wonder why the catholic priests got a long history of child abuses.Wicked!

Malika   

After all these years,the poor man couldnt handle it anymore...lol

How can the church be difiant to the law of nature, why refuse priests one of natures pleasures?

I agree Cpt.Xalane,no wonder the cases of children sexualy abused in churchs are the norm.