Sign in to follow this  
erselam

The Islamic militia advanced to within 2 miles of the only town still controlled

erselam   

By SALAD DUHUL

MOGADISHU, Somalia Oct 4, 2006 (AP)— The Islamic militia that has seized much of southern Somalia has advanced to within 12 miles of the only town still controlled by the country's weak U.N.-backed government, an Islamic official said Wednesday.

The militia reached Moode Moode on Tuesday night, said local militia leader Mohammed Ibrahim Bilal. The group has started 24-hour patrols in the area, he said.

"Our aim was to help the local residents in their fighting of bandits and to lift blockages from the road linking Baidoa to Mogadishu," Bilal told The Associated Press.

Abdirahman Dinari, a spokesman for the transitional government, described the militia's advance as "a provocative action."

A transitional government was formed in 2004 with U.N. help in hopes of restoring order after years of lawlessness in Somalia, which has not had an effective national government since 1991. But it has struggled to assert authority, while the Islamic movement seized the capital, Mogadishu, in June and now controls much of the south.

The Islamic group's strict and often severe interpretation of Islam raises memories of Afghanistan's Taliban, which was ousted by a U.S.-led campaign for harboring Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaida fighters.

The United States has accused the group of sheltering suspects in the 1998 al-Qaida bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Earlier Wednesday, Islamic leaders held a rally that drew thousands of mostly women and students in the port city of Kismayo, and vowed to wage holy war against any group that tries to stop their military advances.

"The time for ambiguity and hypocrisy has ended. By God, we will wage a holy war against our enemies," senior Islamic official Mohammed Wali Sheik Ahmed told a crowd of at least 5,000. The militia seized Kismayo, one of the last remaining ports outside their control and Somalia's third-largest city, last week without a fight.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Baidoa is a no-go-zone for the ICU the day they dare attack Baidoa is the day the shall cry blood!

It will be the day ICU comes to an end.

Bakar   

^^ and who are you to say that? There will not be bloodshed in Baydhaba except a welcoming gesture by reer Bay.

erselam   

I think I heard the same about Kismayo. Do you think the TFG has the balls to resist ICU? Or is it going to send Ethiopian dogs?

Originally posted by raadamiir:

Baidoa is a no-go-zone for the ICU the day they dare attack Baidoa is the day the shall cry blood!

It will be the day ICU comes to an end.

Mr Eritrean, why are you more eager for war among Soomaalis than the Soomaalis themselves?

The blood spilled will be Soomaalis, not Eritreans and the other Tigreys in Addis Ababa; the dead bodies will be Soomaalis children, elders and women, among the innocent, not the two Tigreys of Addis Ababa and Asmara.

If you have unfinished conflict against with other Tigrey/Amxaar in Addis Ababa, you and other Tigreys from both sides, can take their business where it belongs.

Baliis, do not come to our house and cheer for war among between those who welcomed you. It is un-Islamic. The least you can do is either observe or pray for peace in this holy month, especially since your name is salaam.

erselam   

Mr(s). Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar,

I have never said I am eager for war. I denounced the war mongers and war lords that were based in Mogadisho. They left Somalia bankrupt and killed innocent civilians, mothers and children.

I am agaist those greedy politicians in Baidoa who are working to the destabilization of Somalia and under Ethiopia's payroll.

I am for those who sought peace and are expanding their influence peacefully.

We were told that Kismayo will be a blood bath or a war front. contrary to these lies Kismayo fell in ot the hands of the ICU without a single shot. What does that tell you? Had the warlords in Kismayo had the support of the people they would have done their share to save them from what they called 'terrorists'. Their departure shows their greed and their urge to save their as.es.

Long live ICU, Peace, and Unity to a GREATER SOMALIA not just a piece of it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Mr Eritrean, why are you more eager for war among Soomaalis than the Soomaalis themselves?

The blood spilled will be Soomaalis, not Eritreans and the other Tigreys in Addis Ababa; the dead bodies will be Soomaalis children, elders and women, among the innocent, not the two Tigreys of Addis Ababa and Asmara.

If you have unfinished conflict against with other Tigrey/Amxaar in Addis Ababa, you and other Tigreys from both sides, can take their business where it belongs.

Baliis, do not come to our house and cheer for war among between those who welcomed you. It is un-Islamic. The least you can do is either observe or pray for peace in this holy month, especially since your name is salaam.

MMA 2006

erselam   

General Duke I read some of your comments.

You actually sound more ETHIOPIAN on your comments than a Somali.

May be you are.

The majority of Somalis I know despise the war lords that you support including the war londs in Baidoa that represent Ethiopia's interest.

Death to the repressive Ethiopian regime and their Somali puppets.

Peace and unity to a GREATER Somalia.

erselam   

They are parasites. They are all over.

I think you are right General Duke is an ETHIOPIAN from Tigray.

Long live ICU, Peace, and Unity to a GREATER SOMALIA not just a piece of it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chimera   

Originally posted by erselam:

They are parasites. They are all over.

I think you are right General Duke is an ETHIOPIAN from Tigray.

:D

I will do what is known on online a fisked refute since it seems you are knew to Soomaali affairs, point by point.

I have never said I am eager for war. I denounced the war mongers and war lords that were based in Mogadisho. They left Somalia bankrupt and killed innocent civilians, mothers and children.

One can detect you are almost eager for war among Soomaali factions. Any Soomaali person with four year's old toddler's brain can see where your eagerness derives from: Using Soomaalis as proxy against your estranged, embittered Tigrey cousins in Addis Ababa on another front. Ah, it ain't gonnna happen, my dear friend; not now, even as bitter and adversaries as we were and are.

If you want a real war with your alienated, hostile cousins, the disputed border occupied by Addis Ababa isn't missable and is definitely not located in the occupied region of Soomaali Galbeed. We have our own problems with your cousins, which we will solve in due course.

About former warlords in Muqdisho, no sane, healthy Soomaali individual supported them. Most Soomaalis are glad they vanished and no trace of them remains. However, do you know there are still warlords among the group you seem enthusiastic to support? They aren't only warlords, they occupy lands where they have no business of. Their exotic names are Indhamadoowe, Seeraar, Goobaale, Dhuxuloow, Shaarub, Cirfe. Bet you haven't heard. And, yep, they are part and parcel of the misnamed Courts you applaud of.

I am agaist those greedy politicians in Baidoa who are working to the destabilization of Somalia and under Ethiopia's payroll.

Not everybody in TNG is "greedy." Some genuine members are Soomaali nationalists, who try to work what is best for Soomaalis. The creation of TNG took for two exhausting years and countless millions of dollars, all financially for the benefit of Kenya no doubt, still it born out some functioning legitimate identity, not an identity created by vacuum of war and power-hungry mad fanatic men as those you support seem to. I am no friend of TNG, either, only say/write what I consider.

Yes, some are puppets of Itoobiya, including C/llaahi Yuusuf and Geedi; they, however, won't be there forever.

I am for those who sought peace and are expanding their influence peacefully.

That IUC do not seem "peacefully" at all, let alone their peaceful expansion. All major towns they took was the result of war and bloodshed, including Xamar [Muqdisho], Jowhar, Balcad, Dayniile, and if it wasn't those in other towns like Beledweyne or Kismaayo, there would have been another much bloodshed. They themselves admitted that they will do everything to achieve their goals, be it by the gun or by the baroon.

We were told that Kismayo will be a blood bath or a war front. contrary to these lies Kismayo fell in ot the hands of the ICU without a single shot. What does that tell you? Had the warlords in Kismayo had the support of the people they would have done their share to save them from what they called 'terrorists'.

I can see, again, you are naivete when it comes to the internal Soomaali conflicts.

Kismaayo was ruled by two occupying forces from regions far, far away, only united by the zeal deal of ruling the city illegally and getting rid of anything valuable, including the trees for selling as charcoal.

The one force that is powerful was never shy of supporting the so-called Courts since they and those who dominate Courts share deep into sub-sub-clans, thus facilitate to partcipate its wars in Muqdisho. The other co-occupier, like the former above, pretty well knew they had no business to be there first, and finally realized they had no chance of defending themselves if there is a war, let alone a whole city. They chose to abandon instead of massacres, shelling the city and its population and unnecessarily bloodshed.

As a caring Soomaali, however, I am glad there was no war.