Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Inciting tribal war.

NGONGE   

^^ :D

** Appeasing mode on **

When I agreed with the use of the word cult I did so because it is an appropriate description. The brave sons and daughters of Somaliland are united in their vision, strong in their resolve and stand side by side in the cause of their great nation. Just like a cult.

**Appeasing mode off **

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ is
cult
the new misnomer for Somaliland?
:D

Actually, you're right, it does resemble a cult. At least it makes more sense than the usual term used: Riyaale's SNM Militias.
:D

ps

Most of these men are not politicians by nature. The only man that I regard as a proper politician is Abdullahi Yusuf. The rest are all riff-raff forcing themselves on this fine art.
:(

LooooooooooooooL....It is, and for good reason. One must of the cited arguments for secession is that 97% of all landers support the dismemberment of Somalia. Whoever estimated this number didn't even leave a room for statistical errors. What are the chances that many people agreed on the same thing. And what's even more astounding is apart from you who's takes detached view of everything Somali, and the girls who see little value in encouraging what's essentially a pissing contest between men, everyone else in these threads hailing from the North Western Somalia are in agreement when it comes to the current situation in las Anod. It is reasonable to assume this is the making of cult considering how similiar everybody's views are.

And I hate when people do or say things out of context. Those inciting the Las Anod situation including this minister fella calling the for massacre of Garowe and Bososo residents doesn't seem to appreciate the brutal realities of the Somalis in general. Somaliland and Puntland could hardly be called a legitimate governments that they are representative of their people's ambitions and inspirations.These administrations do little for their people, and why would they. They are headed by the very same men who brought down the former Republic. If they were good for anything, it was to ensure a peaceful coexistence between northern tribes till proper Somali state emerges. It is beyond me why would Somaliland risk the one thing that assured a lasting peace.

Maybe Landers really bought into crap,and sincerely believe that they could over-run everyone. Looking back into Somali history, I would say that's unlikely to happen. When it is all said and done, this wouldn't be a war between two states, it would be nasty war between two tribal entities. And I have a thousand year Somali history to prove me right.

Now the question is are people ready for Dimasho iyo Barakac. And I'm not under the illusion that my people will win this or lose, what I do know is this would turn norther Somalia into another graveyard,and the blame this time around squarely at Hargeysa's court.

N.O.R.F   

LOL@Oodweyne. Do not involve me in trying to idoctrinate our friend Ngonge. When it comes to anything Somaliland he has proven to be as slippery as a Hippo's backside!

cgan455l.jpg Good luck trying to cross the bridge :D

AYOUB   

^^ You're not suggesting Ngonge's married to a foreigner, are you? :eek:

And what's even more astounding is apart from you who's takes detached view of everything Somali, and the girls who see little value in encouraging what's essentially a pissing contest between men, everyone else in these threads hailing from the North Western Somalia are in agreement when it comes to the current situation in Las Anod. It is reasonable to assume this is the making of cult considering how similar everybody's views are.

Negative comrade Che negative!! Let me remind you Nayruus and the artist known as "me" are from Hargeisa. What about Rudy? Gediid? *Who i'm I forgeting?* Ngonge! that's who!

Adeer I think the skirmishes in LA have been minor - if you put them in context of what's going on in that part of the world. The outpouring of emotional reaction comes across as OTT and almost comical. I appreciate the DNA ( *reminds me of Castro, I wonder if I add his name to the cult list? * ) is of paramount importance but let's put things in perspective, shall we? The latest incidents were sparked by Afqudhac's actions not SL. What did you expect the other the to do, turn the other chick? I know the "Sool Issue" goes way deeper than that, I could give you my take but I'm not sure you want to hear it....

*cult? Maybe it's time to get me a new avatar and go underground*

NGONGE   

^^ She has a British passport. So yeah, I suppose she's a foreigner.

lol@North. Declare Burco's independence and watch me drop everything and go guard the ballidhig front (even if it's not adjacent to Burco) and shoot every last man that walks in my direction. My reasons will not be political at all. :D

The secessionist cheif spoke well, was to the point. I agree this will lead to turmoil. Though I have this feeling all this sabre rattling is for our consumption and nothing more,.An election seassion is emerging.

Thus to be expected as for war, its not an option for any of us, but will happen if some think their "peace" is more valuable than ours.

Coloow   

"What was he really thinking?"

He was probably high on HAREERI and a dose of marqaan talk.

I saw a picture of the so called Madaxweynaha puntland in a military outfit (these Salaad cali jeele look-like ape was rallying the masses).

That is what has become of somalia. Massacre loving apes!

AYOUB   

Originally posted by -:Ok, I will bite, let's hear it!

Thanks Che..where do I start? What about by reminding you that Sool as a province was created by Gen. Barre. It did exist as a territory - in the traditional Somali way - but , it's the old soldier who declared it an administration region with Laascaanood as its headquarters. It's seemed like progressive idea at the time, but like the rest of that region; there was not a lot to shout about after that.

When the uprising against Gen. Barre's rule was under way, he somehow convinced certain men from parts of Sool to back him in what was dubbed MOD alliance. To cut a long story short, the war that ensued up north was ended with the agreement that was signed in Burco in 1991. The "who is who" of Sool did take part and Somaliland was declared.

In 1998 Puntland was formed - unlike Somaliland - on the basis H-clan alliance claiming it was in the absence of central government. This new "maamul goboleed" chose to ignore 2 things:

1. Somaliland authorities were in charge and there was some kind of governance in Sool already.

2. Sool is as multi-clan as Togdheer. Puntlanders call the Togdheer area they claim "Cayn" whereas "Sool is just Sool".

Where does this leave the agreements signed in Burco '91, I keep asking...

Puntland is not a temporary thing created in the absence of central government - as Xiins and Baashis claim - it's meant to be part of future Federal Government being created by Yey & co. The "SSC" clannish division are meant to stay, which means the populace of Sool that does not belong to puntland's H-clans are supposed to be passengers in a bus that they have no say which route nor destination it takes. Cadde Muuse has already declared the clanish malitiamen as part of TFG forces. More importantly, where does it leave the H-clan members who do not support clannish Puntland? How comes there's no "inciting tribal war" outcry from the likes of you when Afqudhac talks like this???

I'm a realist who accept the multi-clan nature of every region in Somaliland. One Man One Vote. It gives the people the chance to elect local and parliamentary representatives. It works in other parts from Borama to Ceerigaabo, why not Laascaanood? No Generals no Colonels but governors and mps. No clannish divisions like north/south Gaalkacyo. Our opponents preach "unity" and "somalinimo" but where do they practice it? Gaalkacyo? Mogadishu? Kismaayo?

I sincerely believe Laascaanood will prosper under Somaliland than Puntland ( inshallah ).

....and then there is Sanaag!

Liqaye   

Ballidhiig, I love that name, needless to say my uncles are ever glued to the radio wishing the puntland militia cross into their turf so they can re-christianize the name of my mothers degmo once again.

By the way, I heard that there was a real attempt to rename ballidhiig in to beila-khayr.

Amusing.

N.O.R.F   

^^How did you know that? I was there in July and people informed us of the 'new name' but no one uses it. Not even sure if it has been sanctioned.