Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Federal Parliament moving to Puntland?

Coloow   

Why not? Since the Djibouti process appears to be a bad copy of the Doofaarey process, it wouldn't surprise me if they move it Eyl, Bandar Qasim, Xiis, Meydh; buhoodle, or even Mahadeey.

My choice is on a ship off the coast of Hobyo smile.gif

Meiji   

So people want the paper government?

You can have it all, BUT BE aware.

Its a all-inclusive package consisting of the paper government, Alshabaab, Asmara-Ras Kamboni, ICU, Ugandans etc etc.

Good luck, and good riddence on our part.

Puntland will welcome anything posative and hence if the Sharif and his group want to locate to a Somali regional state then Puntland should be the first choice.

I would suggest the city of Carmo as the location for the Parliment.

Who said Puntland was the "problem"?

So whenever Parlimentarian are short of their monthly wages they can capture a ship or two.

I doupt Puntland will welcome it since it will it overshadow their own administration.

P.S why not Hargeisa, if they can't go to the Capital they might as well go the 2nd Capital of Somalia.

^^^Adeer you dont know the big hearts of the people of Puntland we will welcome them if they come, we will help it if it helps Somalia.

Who else has the land, the infrustructure, security and resources of Puntland today and support unity of the Somali's?

As for the comment about Piracy, what a clanist remark to make, but the resistence was only against a certain clan huh?

Paragon   

There wouldn't be a point to it were it to be moved to Puntland. Pacifying Mogadishu had played a major part in the creation of this new federal system, and moving the Admin to another city of other part of the country would repeating the mistake of Yey's TFG in Baidoa.

Mogadishu should be the centre of government, I believe.

^^^Maybe they can not secure 550MP's in Mogadishu at this time. Puntland would be better than Djibouti as it is part of the country you claim to govern. Baidoa, Marka & Kismayu are no go areas and Mogadishu is unstable for now.

audio

Paragon   

^Perhaps you are right but going to Mogadishu is a symbolic step that would determine the future of Sharif's Admin. It's not about facilities or stability but the brave and daring move, on Sharif's part, to face challenges head-on that the masses are expecting. Marka, if the good Sheikh is seen as wavering in the face of adversity, then this would be a bad spell for his Admin.

It's all psychological, sxb.

^^^I agree he needs to go, maybe the cabinet need to go to the capital, but what if the MPS's get killed how would the perception change. A man who can not protect his MP's is going to change what?

Thus moving the Parliment to a safer location while the cabinet moves to the capital to secure it.

RedSea   

the SHeref didn't even say word of condolence over the air when the Ugandan troops gunned down over 30 innocent somalis.

Emperor   

Wayferer, I agree, he should go to Mogadishu and face the reality that awaits him over there...

As for a move to Puntland, its bad bad bad idea if you ask me mate, absolutely no, it will never go anywhere and will further derail Puntland and sink it down... more of a confusion, each Admin to his own...