Sign in to follow this  
salim

Getting Married to your first cousin....

For those who believe that marrying your cousin might will bring genetical defects or problems---do you also believe that we evolved from monkeys? Or the earth is flat? Or that gay people are born gay..due to the structure of their brain---which differs from normal pple?

How can you believe what a bunch of humans "think" (science always changes...as they discover something new...or improve on an old idea) when ALLAH HIMSELF let us marry cousins? DO you think Allah would allow us something that could possibly bring harm to the Muslim Ummah?

I dont think so. :cool:

Your opinion should be on your personal preferences..not because some guy with a PHD paper says something.

Salaam

this is an arab culture shyte! ff, it has not to do with diin or somali culture... & u wont find this in the koran!!

sometimes though, ff, u kinda make suspicious!! lol..

anyway, there are alot of regions where this phenomina took place already, like texas hello!! lolol.. Jordan and Isreal!! what u find in these countries are highest % of retarded kids due to blood problems!!!

anyway, ff, as humans, allah gave us brains so we can reason and chose wisely!! but not follow some

ill gotten tradition from sex-belwidered baudwee!!

underdog   

I don't think the issue is so much whether it's allowed or not. it more to do with what kind of relationship you have with your cousin. if you grew up in the same house since childhood, then the feeling of incest maybe justified. You can't be forced to marry anyone against your wishes (If you are then thats some internal "lack of personal strength" issues between you and your family). But 2 consenting cousins can be a blessing, family respect can go a long way to making your house a happy home.

By the way Rudy:

Originally posted by rudy:

this is an arab culture shyte! ff, it has not to do with diin or somali culture... & u wont find this in the koran!!

Al-hamdu lillah (All praise be to Allah). There is no objection whatsoever in the Islamic religion for a man to marry any of his relatives except al-maharim (those forbidden for marriage) whom Allah mentioned in surat al-nisaa’, 4:23 (interpretation of the meaning):

Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father’s sisters, mother’s sisters; brother’s daughters, sister’s daughters; foster-mothers (who breast-fed you), foster-sisters (who breast-fed from the same woman as you); your wives’ mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives with whom you have consummated marriage, no prohibition if ye have not consummated; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

its not objected but neither encouraged! reason being....!

First cousins are somewhat more likely than unrelated parents to have a child with a serious birth defect, mental retardation or genetic disease.

First cousins are somewhat more likely than unrelated parents to have a child with a serious birth defect, mental retardation, genetic disease or serious problems like spina bifida, cystic fibrosis or blood disorders which i have no cures upto now!!

i havent seen any somalis married to their first cousins so far!! its a condoned partice in my corner!! redface.gif

Haddad   

First cousins are somewhat more likely than unrelated parents to have a child with a serious birth defect, mental retardation or genetic disease.

First cousins are somewhat more likely than unrelated parents to have a child with a serious birth defect, mental retardation, genetic disease or serious problems like spina bifida, cystic fibrosis or blood disorders which i have no cures upto now!!

There are medical/scientific proofs that state first cousins marriages are comparable to regular marriages.

i havent seen any somalis married to their first cousins so far!!

Well, you haven't seen, but I know a number of Somalis (of the pure stock) who are married to their first cousins.

Rokko   

Although I believe there's nothing immoral in marrying your first cousin, on the other hand I believe that many brothers wouldn't do it unless options get bit tight na'mean lol. On top of that, I personally think marrying your first cousin wouldn't bring as much aroma into the relationship as someone from the other side would na'mean..

nafta   

marry cousin aa??

i wouldn't even marry a man from the same qabiil as me .... why discriminate? :rolleyes:

however, let your heart travel freely and choose whomever it wants...if it's you first cousin...then so be it! just make sure u invite me to the wedding :D

Wiilo   

Nafta dear guess whose's wedding is coming soon B A R A G E Y I J U U T

......sHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't tell u that...........

Go figure:....................

NGONGE   

I think most people here covered the subject of marrying first cousins. I’m not going to add anything new to the comments already made. However, I would like to ask questions about marriage itself. Why do people marry? What is marriage? What is the difference between having a cousin and marrying a cousin? When people say that they view their cousins as their own brothers or sisters, does that mean there are no “walls†put up between a person and their (opposite gender) cousins? Do men walk around half naked in front of their female cousins as they would in front of their own siblings? Do women take off their xijaab in front of their male cousins?

Would you go holiday with your female cousin (just you and her alone)? Would you hug your female or male cousin? How about sharing secrets? Which is cultural and which is Islamic? Which would you choose? How?

These are questions that raced through my mind as I read this thread.

:D

Good Questions Ngonge ,,,

Just to add another one:

What about if you fall in LOVE with your first causin ,,,, suppose it happened ??? it can happen right ??

Tell me then ,, would you marry him/her or force yourself to stop loving him/her??

nafta   

Wiilo :eek: .... My my that IS news!

naa haa igu ciyaarin dee...daacad baan iska ahay ee i take everything seriously. redface.gif

I'll be expecting the 411 from u dee..."he's getting married" won't simply do :D

Wiilo   

Nafta don't take everything serious 'cause it could be a JOKE :D ........

jEcliyAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:..............