Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Women

Chimera   

hawaaden.jpg

Hawa Aden Mohamed

Hawa Aden has devoted her life to the betterment of Somali women in a country torn apart by civil war. Ms Mohamed is the founder of the Galkayo Education Center for Peace and Development (GECPD). The centre serves over 500 women and children in many towns and villages with medical care, vocational and income-generating trainings, support for more than 50 orphans, and the only public school for girls in the area.

winner of the The Ginetta Sagan award

biggest award of Amnesty International

Chimera   

Mariam Hussein Mohamed

demAwardMohamed.jpg

Director of the Dr. Ismail Jumale Human Rights Organization

Co-founder of the Peace and Human Rights Network, an umbrella group of twenty-four prominent Somali civil society organizations across the country.

recipient of the Democracy Award 2002 presented by L. Bush

2002DemAwardees.jpg

Chimera   

FUTURE PRESIDENT OF SOMALIA

asha-abdalla.jpg

Education:

1982 -1988: LaGuardia College and City University of New York Degrees earned: Bachelor of Science (BS)Master of Arts

1980-1982: Midtown school of business

Earned: Diploma in accounting and Business Management

1978-1979: Cambridge School

Earned: Diploma in Bookkeeping

contributed to seminars and courses on tax law, certified public accountant (CPA), real estate, insurance, child care, counseling, nutrition, social work, business management and others.

Ambition:

I am seeking the challenging responsibility of leading Somalia as the head of state. I have valuable experience serving the public, confidence in my leadership potential and through understanding of the needs of post armed conflict Somalia. The people of Somalia feel that war torn Somalia, under the burden of social, economic and political disintegration needs a capable, insurmountable leader. The social, economic and political woes afflicting the country needs a leader who is committed to the cause of picking up all the pieces and rebuilding Somalia.

Experience:

Positions held in the Somali Government:

2002-2003 minister, Demobilization, Disarmament, Reintegration and Disable Care (DDRDC), Somalia and delegate, Somali National Peace and Reconciliation Conference.

Feb. 2002-June. 2002 Minster of State DDRDC, Somalia

Nov. 2002-Oct. 2001 Dep. Minister, Labor, Sports and Social Affairs Somalia.

Aug. 2000-Aug 2000 member of parliament, Somali National Assembly

Jun. 2000-Aug. 2000 active delegate in the Arta Peace process for Somalia

June 1996- 2000 President, Somali-American Association & Relief Agencies.

1997 2000 Supervisor, Housing authority, Columbus, Ohio

1992-1996 President, US/Somali Relief and Rescue

1990-1992 Manager, Import-export enterprise

June 1987- 1990 Accounting Executive, Deloitte Haskin and Sells, World Trade Center One

Mar. 1984 1986 internship accounting Coward Shoes Company NY.Interests Charity, Humanitarian activities, sports reading, computers, counseling

Poster, did you ask Khadra's permission to post her picture in a public domain? If your answer is no, I suggest you remove it before I show it to her.

Getting back to these women, masha allah, its too bad there aren't that many men doing well as much as the women are...

Chimera   

ask her if i can marry her

but hey i got it from a internet site and the internet is used by the public therefore i'm in my rights

if the admin disagrees then he can delete it

but i think more peeps need to know about our sisters yeah yeah yeah

Originally posted by David_Letterman:

allas1.jpg

Yasmin Allas Dutch writer

such an interesting concept for a photo, what is it screaming out...n I like how she is a dutch writer instead of a somali-dutch writer

Chimera   

Originally posted by BlueEpocha:

quote:Originally posted by David_Letterman:

allas1.jpg

such an interesting concept for a photo, what is it screaming out...n I like how she is a dutch writer instead of a somali-dutch writer
what is it screaming out??????????????????

quote:Originally posted by BlueEpocha:

quote:

allas1.jpg

what is it screaming out??????????????????
There is just soo much going on in this photo that an essay can be written on it...I'll give you a few pointers...look at how the writers arm is placed, look at the girl with her finger to her mouth, look at the angle of the writers' face and eyes, the girl on the right side looking at her, the book open infornt of her, the choice of clothing....to me they all point to a yesterday and tomorrow as the writer gazes on the unknown keeping herself sheltered (arms crossed)...yeah really an essay...now I'm just wondering what was going through her mind