Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Nomadsss, whats your take on the Iraq Vote

Khayr   

Salaamz, here are some images of the Iraq iraqbox.jpg Election

^ Notice the symbolism here-Flag with 'God is Greater' stamp, is being put into a Ballot Box. :rolleyes:

r3385307474.jpg

http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesIntlrelationships/IraqWatch2005/Elections/ExitC130.jpg

^^^ Iraqi's being flown in to the ELECTIONS POLLS

^ The Takbir on the flag is replaced with 'Vote for Iraq'

Which one is greater to this people-GOD or Iraq? :eek:

GirlWomenLine.jpg

^^^^ Strange picture? :confused:

ExitC130.jpg

^^^Iraqis being flown in to the Polling stations (I think that these iraqi's live in the rural areas

Muhammad   

salaams,

1. The Shi'ites will Win Power.

2. The Sunnis will reject them.

3. The Shi'ites will be asked to bring the sunnis in to the power sharing.

4. The Shi'ites will refuse, 'if the sunnis didn't vote its their problem!"

5. two words - Civil War

6. Iran will arm the Shi'ites.

7. Sunni-Arabs will support the Sunnis.

8. Turkey will invade the north - Kurds.

9. America will run for cover.

10. Allah(swt) Knows Best!

Khayr   

Salaamz,

What do you think is being implied by

making this 'IRAQ VOTE' take place?

Do you think that it pokes fun at muslims?

Yes/No and Why?

You know the ammmeriiiicans are calling this

the 'REAL VICTORY', actually its the western world thats calling it by the name.

Basic problems such as electricity, food and water have not been resolved yet, but 'Elections' must go one never the less-right!

Fi Amanillah

Khayr, a very good post.

I think if there are true elections it would be posative for Iraq. However this is all to legitimise the occupation. Whoever wins, some say Eyad Allawi is goint to be returned much like Hamid Karzai of Afhanistan, will ask for the occupation forces to stay.

This whole Sunni, Shiite and Kurd civil war talk is all from the west. Iraq has never had a civil war. Also if you look at any map you wont see a Sunni traingle.

Baashi   

Good news I say! Hold your horses folks :D

Yes it's farce, yes it is a show to vindicate Bush on the much repeated premise that Iraqis will welcome democracy and come out for this opportunity despite the risks if given the chance(which they did), and yes Americans didn't go in to democratize middle east nor did they go to liberate Iraq from Saddam (it was about WMD). Yet all of that, what has to happen had happened the question is what now.

Having Iraq on its feet again is good thing and part of getting to that goal is to have the elections and to write the constitution and get over it and then ask Americans to leave. Sistani is a loose cannon and I for one think he is on to something.

I can't say whether I agree or not, but I do know that Iraq has never had to vote for a president for 50 years.

And apparantly, Iraqis are showing up to the polls. It must mean they do want to choose their leader.

Whether Iraq will always remain a puppet to the hedegomon that is America...is an entirely separate topic!