Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Puntland's constitutional injustice!

Northern and western Mudug is part of Puntland, yet they have 10 representatives in the Parliament. Eastern and southern Sanaag are also represented in the Parliament by 11 votes. So, where's Buuhoodle's (Cayn) representatives?

If they're discriminating against Buuhoodle because its not a "complete" region - then, the same could be said about Sanaag and Mudug.

Sophist   

Good question Wind :D !. I think the whole think is based upon tribal thing-- though in Sanaag it is dived by two clans! W and D.

NASSIR   
Wind talker, you raised a good point but the undeniable fact is that Sanaag and Mudug are two big regions, probably reserving the second and third spot of the largest regions of Somalia. Sool is also another region that are shared by multi clans the same as Sanaag and Mudug, but the majority rules and who owns the vast land. For instance, the representives from Bari region are dominated by the largest clan so as Sanaag, Sool and Mudug, but there are still representives in Bari from the people of Sanaag,Mudug from people of Goldogob and Wardheer.

^^

I don't think you got my point. I know that represensatives from all the regions include the various clans. What I'm saying is: since Buuhoodle district is part of Puntland, then shouldn't it have representatives? They don't even have a single person to represent their interests.

I suppose you're inferring that representatives from Sool Region should suffice the required quota for Reer Buuhoodle. But that's just pure bullshit.

Its unfair, unjust and needs to come to the attention of the people and the government. You don't reel in support by excluding people and including some people. Its not a freaken social club or popularity contest.

Sky   

wind.talker, than you can say the same shit about the province karkaar to. i think they still work with the shit of 1998 and these provinces didnt exits back then. they arent ignored or excluded, thats bullshit and you know it.

if reer sool would have problems with the exclusion of cayn they would blabber it through all the several radiolaascaanood.coms on the net. that they complained about bari's number of representatives compared to sool shows that cayn aint a biggie.

NASSIR= dude, what are you on about? the system is a carefully balanced mix of provinces and subclans. this mix is important, because only focusing on the provinces and disregarding the complicated geographic thingy of the subclans would result to another puntland civil war na'm sayin.