Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Drunken Birds...

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Animal rescue workers on Tuesday released about 100 birds that were treated for shock and concussions after crashing into an office building's windows last week.

The birds, cedar waxwings, were released Tuesday at the Honeywell wildlife refuge near Irmo. About 30 birds remain with Carolina Wildlife Care.

Last week, the birds, intoxicated on holly berries, became confused and crashed into the windows. Hundreds of birds were injured, and about half of them died.

Joanna Weitzel, executive director of the nonprofit group of volunteers, said it was important to release the birds quickly because they are in the middle of migrating.

"They flew straight up into the nearest tree canopy," she said. "They stayed in their flock."

Weitzel said she did not know when the remaining birds would be released but said the group plans to release them together.

o0o   

Originally posted by Xu:

For a minute I thought you were commenting on a familiar sight at the London club scene.

I thought the same excpet I'm not in London. lol