Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The Pirates of Puntland

Amistad   

Mr Somalia,

Please dont be confused between Piracy, Protecting Ones Shores and Theft.

Therein lies a huge difference you very well know the answer to. I do not Scold people, but I do try to make them understand the underlying disagreements and being pro-active in solutions.

Therein lies a very legal debate of who is right, and who is wrong. I tend to side with the Somali Coast Guard... seize wrongful poaching ships, release their crew, and hold the ships Ransom.

That is Legal, sound and does not normally injure crews.

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

no such thing as piracy going on. Only a bunch of hardworking coastguards protecting the sea resources of their homeland from illegal fishing vessels and toxic waste dumpers.

Protecting by hijacking ships, getting ransom then releasing them ?? ,,, come on u can do better lad, try again.
:D
^

That is just outright malarkey...

It seems, not only has the khat impaired your faculties of comprehension, but it has also grossly affected you reasoning abilities as well. :D

Calling what our revered coastguard does on the seas of Somalia, "hijacking" is a bit crass, if I may say so. It's like saying when I get pulled over by a traffic cop for some illegal act, that he(police officer) has "hijacked" me and when he issues me a fine, with your reasoning I must call this "a ransom". How preposterous!

I don't know JB, why you insist on being deliberately obtuse about this reality, but the coastguards of Somalia are doing a very good job arresting illegal trespassers on our waters. Now I don't understand why you are against this...but could it by any chance have anything to do with the fact that many ladies of ill-repute who used to service the marfashes of Hargaysa have now moved and have opted to pursue greener pastures in Puntland, with the presence of ALL those newly minted Pira..I mean coastguard millionaires? :D:D

Originally posted by Amistad:

Mr Somalia,

Please dont be confused between Piracy, Protecting Ones Shores and Theft.

I am not.

These fellas, however disorganized or get-rich-quick minded they maybe, are indirectly doing the Somali people a huge favor by preventing the pillaging and poisoning of large swaths of Somali waters by illegal fishing companies and mafia organized toxic waste dumping. This is why I give credit where credit is due.

Therein lies a very legal debate of who is right, and who is wrong. I tend to side with the Somali Coast Guard... seize wrongful poaching ships, release their crew, and hold the ships Ransom.

That is Legal, sound and does not normally injure crews.

I agree.

Somalis do not go into Spanish, Thailand and Indian waters, so what are Spanish, Thai and Indian fishermen doing in Somali waters? Somalis don't dump toxic materials off the shorelines of Sicily and Sardinia, so why are Italians dumping toxic waste of Somalia's coastline.

Isaac Newton said, "To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction", and we Somalis are simply reacting to circumstances beyond our control.

Im not a supporter of chat nor do i chew but from what i read it has the same qualities as several doses of coffee, they chew it in Ethiopia, Yemen, Somaliland, Kenya and even Somalia its a shared problem just because 571 dominates the entire market and he is a somalilander doesnt mean chat is only in Somaliland. :D:D Its natural for us to dominate most markets in East Africa.

I will tell you guys a funny story though, walahi true story. listen up,

This was 1 year ago, usual trip back home nothing special, landed in Djibouti a.k.a jamee pal, kama sava airport :D .

waiting for my plane to hargaisa along with many people as usual, as i sooked up the hot putrid air of djibouti as if i was in the sauna, i looked around and i saw the same things i usually see, along french big bellied soldeirs walking around with little shorts, somali girls serving alcahol who bleached there faces etc.

thought i should get some water because it was so hot, as i sat down two chinese guys came up to me, reporters from the shanghai one was a writer/reporter the other was camera man.

They asked me were are you headed, told them asked them the same question the replied garowe and a little village called eal to report about piracy. After chatting for like 2 hours sharing photo's and feedback from my photo's, went to catch my plan straight to hargaisa. But some guy in front of me paid the airport staff to add an extra 2 passengers and being africa me and my friend lost our seats, so we waited for another plane but this one was going to bosaso, then hargaisa.

so we sat back down with the chinese guys, and gave them some tips for surviving amoungst somali;s and basic geography and politics and clan system. So we all got the same plan and land in bosaso, considering how these guys in sool big it up, what i saw shocked the bajesus out of me.

we landed on a dirt road, no cement what so ever, as soon as we landed you can smell fish slap you in the face, the airport looked a like a 2 bedroom bangalo, and their is a guy standing outside the airplane who collects the passports. Not going to say anything about the people but man they needed help and badly saxib walahi wan ka naxnay walal. We also felt sorry for these chinese guys so we breifly got off the plan, as we got off we saw some dudes try to grab our suit cases we went out and told them to put it back on the plan we were headed to hargaisa, so they did, the chinese guys had a contact some weird dude claiming to be the minister of fisheres or something, they couldnt speak any somali so i though do the decent thing, called up the contact and spoke with the guy for like ten minutes about a few chinese guys waiting for him to film some pirates, never laughed so hard in all my life man, the guy was literally screaming, "please keep them their im on my way, im on my way". I spoke with the chinese guys and said to them, this is somalia the most dangerous place on earth, you are men from asia they will try everything they can to hussle you and take the shirt of your back, keep your passports, get a small hand gun just in case, dont trust anyone, do your filming and get out. best of luck. hopefully they got home safetly.

halarious stuff man,

So we got back into the plan and landed in Egal internationalm felt the strong mountain arim went through immigration and got a cab straight to our villa in the south of the city and laughed for days.