Sign in to follow this  
Jaylaani

Should the World Legitimize the Independence of Somaliland?

Have fun trip to Burao Jacaylbaro!

Know let me asnwer TheSomaliEconomist and Djib-Somali ok lol.

First with Djib-Somali from your writings and views you are a unionst if i am not wrong correct, and from your answer to my question about Djibuti joining Somalia, your answer was mmm how should i saw it very weak. First you claim and i quote from you "Djibouti is mainly an Afar Territory as up to two-third of the country is their ancestral land". I know anyone with the internet can google and find out the ethnic make up and the number you came up with makes no sense at at the fact is the somali population is much bigger the afar's. According to the CIA country fact book "Somali 60%, Afar 35%, other 5% (includes French, Arab, Ethiopian, and Italian") So your claim that cause the Afar population is big Djiubuti cant join in union with Somalia is weak. Have a referundum on union and see what comes up old boy. For a Unionst fellow your lack to push for your area to join Somalia while pointing to others to join Somalia looks like double standard. Lastly you never answered my question of the political developments in your nation. Do you have fair elections and are the other political parties fairly represented and treated.

Know for TheSomaliEconomist, i did not have confussion undestanding your point of view, it was the way you stated it that made no sense, and i must say your claim that it was from a " 'secessionists point-of view" is really an opinion and not point of view because i have never heard secessionist claim to have that same view point as yourself.

Know to the claims you made that "Xamar has far more economic potential than Hargeisa" I too can claim that Hargeisa as great economic potential to equal Xamar. Being Capital city all and well is good, but if Somaliland is given indepences Haregesia will get the wealth of from being capital.

While The Mogadishu international airport was previously the only well-known in the country, things have changed Somaliland which had no international airport by the old Somalia system know has one which is well known in East African region, and with basic furthering of reconstruction can boom.

The presence of the governmental and diplomatic offices & headquarters allready exists in Somaliland, IE U.N. E.U. offices and such, if Somalia gets that it is all well and good, but dont assume old boy that they well leave their offices in somaliland. And like i stated before dont assume what the world thinks of the issue between Somalia and Somaliland the way we do. They do what is in thier best interest and i highly doubt they shut the door of what they have in both nations.

Inhabitants: the commercial value of the increased population in the city (which I would predict would increase in a post-war rebuilt scenario) would create a more favourable and vigorous business market. -That is true but remeber that if reconstrution money is given to all that that population boom will also happen in Somaliland with people flocking in to do bussiness.

Both Somalia and Somalialnd are growing and developing, I hope Somalia becomes strong and wealthy and i also for Somaliland, but the claim by others that this factor is why somaliland should not leave or that is all assumption, given that we have not crossed that road and the belife in the somali mind i think both groups can surive and grow without being forced into a union.

u aint gonna survive in Burco jb...! them folks are rud!! take it from me, i met this xalimoo from burco she was mean like hell! and god only knows what happened the day i told her to go get a life!! all hell broke loose!!

so u think there are religious ppl in burco! them folks were the wannabees kick of sheikh. lemme know if u see any body who knows about religion in burco.