Sign in to follow this  
Abyan

Skin Foundation

Abyan   

Looking for tips on buying the right foundation. Which one do you use and any tips to follow when buying them?

Aaliyyah   

I use Maybeline New york Dream Liquid Mousse...

It is really good. But make sure the color you choose matches your skin tone.

When I first bought one I was gonna buy the darker brownish one cuz I somehow thought it would go with our typical somali skin tone bt one of the ladies that was working there was like this doesnt match your skin she was indian. She was like your are lighter than me so she chose a lighter color for me and made me try it on and it sort of came out with my skin tone.

So just explore what matches your skin color. I really loved it.

salaam

Juxa   

Mac studio fix is nice but it normally goes over foundation or something to give overall smooth look.

anigu waxan ku dhihi lahaa go mineral. Mac has alot of lovely stuff, you can get the powder mineral foundation or the compact one, bit of blusher and you are good to go, for evening look try studio fixka CH kor kusheegtay, bit of lip gloss and you are ahem fixed

it is worth spending few ££££ when it comes to make up, lancome does lovely foundations as well, lakin colorwise waa inaad xoogaa habeenki ka cadahay

Blessed   

Go to department stores (staff are best trained) and ty on different brands, everyone is different and so will find that different foundations work for them. There's no such thing as Somali skin.

Try tinted moisturisers, you get natural flawless. I hate the cakey wheighed down look of foundation - no matter how light thy claim to be, it feels like there's a mask on my face. Or just use concealer where you need it.

Juxa   

ye BECCA does great tinted moisturiser, bit shiny on my skin but works great on other girls i know

I used Mac primer and then Studio Fix powder. It very smooth and it stays on for a long time. It gives me that polished look when I wear make up. Bobby Brown also has nice foundations that are a bit more expensive. But when it comes to make up, you should be spendy. It is about quality.

I tried the mineral ones like Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals. For some reason they dont work for me. I look like inaan ciid soo marsaday. Besides, they have a hard time matching my skin. Maalin the Asian one bay ii mariyeen, LOL! I looked crazy.

Abyan   

I hate last min shopping. My little sister's getting married tomorrow.

Went to mac studio. Sidaan ugu wareegaayey and asking too many questions and trying different things. I've now got mac studio fix fluid and a mineral blush.

Thanx ladies.

Blessed   

^Oooooh a family wedding. Have fun. Try not kill anyone. :D I kid, all the best to your sis. I'A.

Juxa,

Becca waan inaan ka war keeno. Laura Mercier baan rabay but can't find it here.

Juxa   

abyan gefeliciteerd meisje, i hope all went well at the wedding, i look forward to the pictures

Kool_Kat   

Mac Studio Fix haba igu soo hadal qaadina! I find it, specially in the summer, when I put it on (even if I get a shade lighter than my usual shade) it's perfect at first...Then after a couple of hours, it gets darker and darker...I now use Iman, nothing to be jumping up and down for either...Lately, I've been using a bronzer with minimal foundation (or none at all)...It gives me heathier looking and even skin tone, not to mention a natural glow too...

KK, use a primer. I only use primers in the summer time because it holds everything in place and prevents that oily, runny look. Before I was introduced to primers, I used suffer from that same problem. Wajiga inaa ka gubtaa u maleeyn jirtay, EWWW!

Juxa   

what is a primer? bisinkee

i know dad marsada vaseline in the winter to keep the make up in tact, waa 40s make up trick