Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

My my, just who is the representative of the Courts to the Khartoum talks?

Gabbal   

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was none other then our former great imam of Seattle. A truly respectable leader in his own right who had, not only the the respect of Somalis, but of the whole Islamic community in the state of Washington. Imagine that, a great scholar and a former professor of Islamic studies. Kudos to the Courts! My support increases everytime I see the calibre of their members.

Sheikh Ibrahim recently asked to be sent back to Somalia after being arrested and being held by the anti-terrorism and immigration officials on flimsy charges. First he was accused of lying to immigration officials, then of being a member of the ONLF, and then of other accusations. Everytime a charge was refuted, another soon followed until it was obvious to all that the good Sheikh was being held on acount of only being a respected religious leader. Since the harshest sentence of those charges was deportation, the good Sheikh volunteered to be sent back to his country after having coverted a total sum of 38 people in the Washington immigration facility at Tacoma.

Earlier Arrest

ambafall1.gif

There goes the Sheikh in the left hand side with glasses and cimaamad.

Gabbal   

Wefdigii golaha Maxaakiimta ee tagay magaalada Khartuum oo galabta dib ugu soo laabtay magaalada Muqdisho.

madaxmaxkamadaha.gif

July 25 2006 Horn Afrik, Muqdisho , Somalia

Wefdigii golaha maxaakiimta ee tagay magaalada Khartuum ee dalka Suudaan ayaa galabta dib ugu soo laabtay magaalada Muqdisho kaddib markii kulanki la filayey in halkaas uu ku dhexmaro iyaga iyo dowladda uu dib u dhac ku yimid.

Wefdigan oo galabta ka soo dagay garoonka diyaardaha ee Cisaley ee duleedka magaalada Muqdisho ayaa waxaa uu ahaa wafdigii golaha maxaakiimta u matalayey shirkii labaad ee dib u heshiisiinta oo la filayey in maxaakiimta iyo dowladda fedraalka uu ku dhexmaro magaalada Khartuum ee dalka Suudaan.

Prof Ibraahim Xasan Caddow oo ahaa madaxii wefdiga maxaaakiimta shirka Khartuum u hogaaminayey oo galabta shir jaraa'id ku qabtay xarunta golaha maxaakiimta ayaa sheegay inay ka soo baxeen balantii shirkii Khartuum oo ay tageen waqtigii loogu talagalay balse waxa uu nasiib daro ku tilmaamay in dowladda fedraalka ay ka baaqsatay ka qeybgalka shirkaas.

Sidoo kale Prof Ibraahim Xasan waxa uu ka warbaxiyey intii ay Khartuum ku sugnaayeen inay kulamo la yeesheen madaxda jaamacada carabta iyo mas'uuliyiin ka tirsan dowladda Suudaan.

Prof Ibraahim Xasan Caddow mar wax laga weydiiyey in mar kale ay dib ugu laabanayaan magaalada Khartuum si wadahadal ay ula galaan dowladda fedraalka ayaa sheegay in aaney wax wadahadal ah la galeyn dowladda fedraalka inta ciidamda Itoobiya ay ku sugan yihiin gudaha Soomaaliya.

Soo noqashada wefdigan ayaa ku soo beegmatay iyadoo saacado yar ka hor magaalada Muqdisho ay soo gaareen wefdi ka socda Qaramada Midoobay oo uu hogaaminayo Mr. Fall oo ah wakiilka Qaramada Midoobay u qaabilsan arrimaha Soomaaliya ayna ka wadahadleen golaha maxaakiimta sidii mar kale la isugu dayi lahaa in la isku soo hor fariisiyo dowladda KMG ah iyo golaha maxaakiimta.

Juje   

^^Saxiib I think you are mistaken , the pic of the guy oif above was never a leader of a Mosque in the states. Yes he was in the US for a considerable time but not on the capacity you mention. I have a different version to yours which could blow your mind and I dont want to state in here.

But just to put u into picture Prof Ibraahim Xasan Caddow is currently a dean in one of the numerous Mogadishu Universeties before his current role and is a first cousin to Abdullahi Ahmed Adow the man who lost two bids to win Presidency for Somalia.

Go and do your homework.

Horn...Horta Mashallah. Iam glad da courts have such people at their disposal, but dam it, many of you (wiilo, paragon, olol,etc)here are begining to sound like groupies now. You are like da fifth person who started a topic about the courts' delegation to Khartoum. We got it already.

Rahima   

I met him whilst in Somalia; he's a very intense, very religious, serious and extremely driven man.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was none other then our former great imam of Seattle. A truly respectable leader in his own right who had, not only the the respect of Somalis, but of the whole Islamic community in the state of Washington. Imagine that, a great scholar and a former professor of Islamic studies. Kudos to the Courts! My support increases everytime I see the calibre of their members.

Sheikh Ibrahim recently asked to be sent back to Somalia after being arrested and being held by the anti-terrorism and immigration officials on flimsy charges. First he was accused of lying to immigration officials, then of being a member of the ONLF, and then of other accusations. Everytime a charge was refuted, another soon followed until it was obvious to all that the good Sheikh was being held on acount of only being a respected religious leader. Since the harshest sentence of those charges was deportation, the good Sheikh volunteered to be sent back to his country after having coverted a total sum of 38 people in the Washington immigration facility at Tacoma.

ambafall1.gif

Sounds like the most controversial figure they could have chosen for these negotiations, saaxib! If they were not Wadaads, I’d read this choice as sticking two fingers to the USA.

This of course is in no way a judgment from my side on the credentials (or otherwise) of this person. From a political point of view and seeing that the government and many others have been trying to paint the courts as terrorists and what not, I think this is a school boy mistake on the part of the Mullahs. They, more than anyone else, know that ‘image’ is everything.

Rahima   

This may seem irrelevant to many, but I’d like to point out that we have a new cheerleader on board.

Let’s all welcome him with a warm applause :D .

And no, it's not NGONGE, skirts don't suit him icon_razz.gif .

NGONGE   

^^^^Though I’m a natural cynic, I’m actually rooting for the mullahs here. There are lots of things about them that I don’t agree with but, for the time being, I choose to ignore most such news and try to tell myself it’s only propaganda and lies. At least with this one power base in Somalia I can honestly believe that their intentions are good and true. How they convert these intentions into actions is what worries me.

On a civic level, the application of some aspects of sharia law also worries me. I don’t want to get into an argument over sharia law itself but I can never feel comfortable with the cutting off of the hands of a poor person that resorted to theft (as opposed to someone reasonably well off that decided to steal out of wickedness). Nor do I endorse the stoning of badly informed folk.

PS

A skirt would only show off my herculean calves. icon_razz.gif

Gabbal   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by HornAfrique:

ambafall1.gif

Sounds like the most controversial figure they could have chosen for these negotiations, saaxib! If they were not Wadaads, I’d read this choice as sticking two fingers to the USA.

This of course is in no way a judgment from my side on the credentials (or otherwise) of this person. From a political point of view and seeing that the government and many others have been trying to paint the courts as terrorists and what not, I think this is a school boy mistake on the part of the Mullahs. They, more than anyone else, know that ‘image’ is everything.
Our friend Ngoon :D

Sxb you actually brought an excellent point. I think what you don't seem to understand is the Courts are led by a strong belief in God. They only hold themselves accountable to God and, in that respect, they truly believe that the West could go and f themselves for all they care.

Care for "image", in this case, shows control by the whims of Aduunyo. The Mullahs do not live in the Aduunyo. ;)

Juje-

I was listening to his broadcast when I couldn't help but be familiar with that voice. Finding his splitting image and name did not help matters. I will verify.

Rahima-

I think it's an incarnation. ;)

NGONGE   

Care for "image", in this case, shows control by the whims of Aduunyo. The Mullahs do not live in the Aduunyo.

Hmmm! I suppose after 16 years of destruction one can’t regard the capital as part of ‘aduunyo’.

I have a feeling that you’re not being serious there. Too much bravado and no substance. I seem to recall these Mullahs that don’t care for the West shouting at the top of the lungs and trying to convince whoever would listen, that they are not terrorists. I’m sure Duke (if he’s around) can furnish us with some statements they made which show that they CARE for what the West thinks. Nothing wrong with that either, it’s politics and even Mullahs have to play the game from time to time.

PS

Who are the backers of these Mullahs? (Please don’t say God).

Rahima   

^ Probably Arabs, but I’m just speculating.

Nothing wrong with that either, it’s politics and even Mullahs have to play the game from time to time.

I was surprised by how politically savvy they were- I can’t say I expected that from Somali wadaado but they proved me wrong.

A skirt would only show off my herculean calves.

And a lot more ;) , wax NGONGE?

HA,

The man amazed me walaahi, he spent a good hour trying to convince my mother to return home for good and then went on to my brother and I. Gave us some good advice mashallah, not likely to forget it anytime soon smile.gif .

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

ambafall1.gif

Brother HornAfrique I am sorry but our Sheikh Ibrahim from Seattle is still in prison he hasn't been deported yet.

When he does he won't be heading to Mogdishu I know that for sure.

Reer Seattle are already worried about where the money for the Mosque has went if he dares goes to Mogishu everyone even I will ask for my money back.

Nur   

Rahima sis Writes about Wadaad Delegation to Khartum:

I was surprised by how politically savvy they were- I can’t say I expected that from Somali wadaado but they proved me wrong.

Its that type of popular discounting of wadaads that flipped the events in Somalia for the Islamic Courts Advantage, most of the men in that delegation were seasoned in areas of their respective expertise.

For example, Dr. Ibrahim Addou, a graduate of the American University of Washington DC, with two Masters degrees and a PhD in Education and Political science is more than a match for the confused lot at Biadoa, a spotlessly clean and honest man with integrity unfimiliar in Somalia's politcs today, Dr. Ibrahim represents a new breed of the islamist intellectuals who are the hope of the nation that was led for many years by thieves of public coffers using secularism and tribalism as their backdoor key to steal public weallth, cause anarchy, mayhem and hate among the Somali people.

Rahima sis Writes:

The man amazed me walaahi, he spent a good hour trying to convince my mother to return home for good and then went on to my brother and I. Gave us some good advice mashallah, not likely to forget it anytime soon

You should have heeded his advice, Dr.Ibrahim was for many years the foreign student advisor at American University, Washington DC, a very devout and calm person who can captivate you with his piercing eyes that you can trust, has affected many students on campus to plan a better personal and professional future, some of his students are influential decision makers in many Arab and African countries, good advice can even be found in the unlikeliest places, Mogadishu is the new Wisdom Destination for eNuri and Crew.

Nur

Rahima   

Its that type of popular discounting of wadaads that flipped the events in Somalia for the Islamic Courts Advantage, most of the men in that delegation were seasoned in areas of their respective expertise.

And that I’m glad for Nur. My reasons Nur were that for the last 16 years it seemed that the warlords and their supporters were continuously outsmarting the wadaado politically even though it was the latter group who was making the required difference. I’m just glad that it is finally them who has the upper hand politically and has won the hearts of the populace.

You should have heeded his advice,

In due time, I’A. I still have unfinished business. My parents however are just waiting for my younger siblings to finish high school, 3 years or so more.