Sign in to follow this  
Cawralo

HAIR

Cawralo   

So..

Exactly how do you tame your hair?

My problem is this: after I've blow-dried my hair, and it's all straight and nice..five minutes outdoors and it starts to curl! Nothing seems to help. The last thing I want to do is timo-jilciso. My friend tells me to use the one for kids, but the problem is that my hair is curly, not rough, I'm afraid loose half of it (has anyone tried timo-jilciso for kids, what's ur experience?). So I always braid my hair, or I use mousse.

WHAT DO U GIRLS DO TO KEEP UR HAIR STRAIGHT?

Any good products I haven't heard of? Any good home cures? Anything?

Danke.

Miriam1   

The kid's hair stuff is good, as long as u follow directions...and not keep it for aslong as they say..it will make your hair dead straight and very fake looking..but if u just hold to the directions..its pretty good, I used it twice..it's suppose to leave your hair within 6 months, but for me personally, it took alot longer. Try it, your hair wont fall out.unless you already have problems with thining hair?

Cawralo   

What do you mean Z., that you followed directions but kept it in your hair less time than ur supposed to? Can you still make your hair curly?

lol   

I would say try Anti Frizzy.... dat is wat u need. And the baby jilciso, i tried it b4 but I had to chop my hair off to get my curls... I got tired of str8 hair... n now... I have all curls... when u have beautiful curls why would u want to strten them? If u want to str8ten without chemicals.. then use the hot iron to str8ten ur hair..its good... n no chemical is used!

Pucca   

iron (clothing iron). i know its ghetto...but it works ALOT better than the straightening irons.

try it.

ta ta

Pujah   

^^ LOLZ I can imaging you taking feero to your hair ... :D

Cawrala try blow drying than flat iron..i do that twice a week and you would never think my hair was ever curly....I wouldn't try the kids relaxer unless you have course hair....believe me my friend had done that and her hair was f'd up...anyway good luck 'taming your hair' lol

Cawralo   

Thanx girls for the tips :D And Hibo, I didn't think anti-frizz products worked on my hair..but I'll definetly try it.

Miriam1   

Yes Cawralo, I put it on, but not for aslong as they said, since i didnt want my hair dead straight. I don't know how curly your hair is, but mine wasn't very curly, but just damn wavy and poofy, so i used the stuff, to get a straigter slick look.

Modesty   

Girl don't try relaxers,any!! If it was good, look at the black people hair, their hair is brittle and doesn't grow,and that is due to the relaxers, so stay natural, be happy if your hair is "adaag" or thick.

^^^^agree even the mild relaxer ruins your hair big time; damages, makes it break, does not grow; problems; you name it and i'll show you the root is relaxing hair;

straightening your hair also damages hair; if you burn ur face, every day it will change and not for the good; your hair is the same; it has the same effect as relaxer; but the process is a lot slower, and the cause less clear;

i have all the hair in the world on one head, body and length; and though i'd love to relax it, i have seens so many sisters who have relaxed their hair and now have no or little hair left, so i just wash my bush, condition, braid it now and then and if i'm going out i'll blow dry it straight or wash and go which has the tight curl effect;; (more like scary spice) redface.gif

i would say, use some sort of conditioner, and hair moisturises, like soft and free; that would help you control them with out damaging them; don't use pink oil, it makes ur hajab smell and your hair fall out;

oh and go to the hairdresser once a month and get them to treat it for you; just wash, condition, steam and trim; it does wonders; believe me;

salamah

Cawralo   

Modesty and Jaz, have you two tried timo-jilciso? Or did you just hear it from friends? My sister uses timo-jilciso (she has a different hait type) and her hair grows fast, and looks healthy.

oh and go to the hairdresser once a month and get them to treat it for you; just wash, condition, steam and trim; it does wonders; believe me;

mmhhm, tell me about it.

I read about a research a few years ago that linked straightening hair creams to hormonal inbalances.

Little girls who use hair relaxers get their menarche earlier than those that dont. Proven.

Never used it myself. Think it stunts hair growth.

Cawralo   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

I use my GHD Ceramic Straightener if I desire the sleek-straight look. It works really well.

I have a ceramic straightener too, the result is terrific..as long as the air isn't moist.