Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

TFG can not do? 2004-2007 it has

shirweyne8.jpg

It has been two years and eight months since the election of the Transitional Somali Federal Parliament and the time when Somalia's most successful government since the demise of governance came into being.

Since that time a coalition of "experts", NGO's based in Nairobi and two key movements within Somalia have come against this government shadowing its every move and leading the perception the outside world drew of this new born entity.

The so called experts are led by westerners and “Somali experts” some of these are tottaly ignorant and parrot what was public knowledge others are more vindictive parasites who profit from the Somali dilemma. A notable example is, a Mr. Matt Bryden formerly of the International Crisis Grupu (ICG).

They lead a gropu of self righteous Somali’s who have attained a certain level of success in the societies they reside in and who suffer from delusions of grandeur. The Samatar brothers of , Awdal and more recently Minnesota are the very example of this group.

The two indigenous movements mentioned earlier are two different but desperate groups who have failed to translate their earlier successes at filling the political void left by the removal of the centralist regime of Siyad Barre.

The secessionist who are located in the triangle area of Hargaysa-Burco-Berebera and who’s devout supporters are 99% from the same clan. Have been unsuccessful at gaining their most coveted recognition of the false state known to them as Somaliland but to many Somali’s as the North Western regions of Somalia proper.

The second group are what the author has termed the looters inc, a group who have capture the imagination by the sheer flexibility of their ideological outlook and the number of times they have been able to transport themselves.

However due to the fact that apart from the recent Clan Courts façade they have had few successes.

Thus the above groups have always played down, undermined championed against, even fought against the TFG for two years and nine months.

These are the constant obstacles these groups placed in front of the Somali government. And the response

Prior to October 2004.

It will never be formed.

After October 2004

It will never relocate

After relocations

It will not survive and will split

After the unity of Parliament and move to Baidoa

It will never gain recognition internationally

After it gained recognition

When it requested the lifting of the arms embargo

It will never get international support for it

After the security council supported lifting the arms embargo

It will never survive the Clan Courts attack

After it ROUTED the clan courts

It will never operate in Mogadishu

After it humbled the armed looters/Clan Courts

It will never convene a national reconciliation conference

After it has brought 1300 delegates into Mogadishu

It will not survive the bombers

The TFG is in control of Mogadish and 80% of the country. The TFG is rebuilding the police and armed forces.

The TFG is planning to hold national elections across the country in 2009.

Viva the third republic.

Khalaf   

Questions to my dear brother Duke-the man not the politician. I would like honest answers yaa akhi.

To duke the man, the brother I know would be extremely happy to see his nation rise from the ashes, the brother I know wants peace, prosperity, and unity for The Republic of Somalia and its inhabitants, not the politician with his own agenda since you support a political camp in Somalia!

1. Do you support the Ethiopian presence in Somalia? if it was not a necessary evil as some say? Why cant Somalia solve its own problems without the presence of its arch enemy the occupier of S. Galbeed? Will they leave, and be replaced by peace keepers? Do you think Ethiopia, Uncle Sam’s interests will be parallel to the interests of the average Farah and Xalimo back home. And if yes, then how so bearing in mind their relationship with Africa and the Middle East.

2. What is your opinion about this war on terrorism in East Africa?

3. What obstacles/challenges does the entity you support (TFG) face in your opinion? And how do they overcome it? How do you see the TFG transforming its self in the future?

4. What about the real grievances of the many quarters in the Somalia community against the TFG? How will their grievances be addressed or do you consider it insignificant?

5. Do you think Somalia will be able to regain its past glory of a United Nation, a United Peoples, and if so what do you think are the steps to achieve this goal? And what do you say to those who believe the TFG is a puppet regime and the very obstacle that stands in the way of a Free and Strong Republic?

Sorry for the many questions, but would apperciate if you can answer me faithfully my brother. JZK

Brother Khalaf, thanks for the questions and I will attempt to give you the answers required. Without any caveats, though I would like to say outright that I am not a politician I try to follow events and understand their underlying causes.

1. A. To be honest I do not support, for one minute the Ethiopian presence in Somalia at all. I understand why they are there but If I had a better option or alternative available I would have formulated it long ago and championed it. I think it highlights the depth we have fallen as a nation and people that our local rival has become a viable option of getting out of this mayhem that we created with our hands. It also highlights how weak we are as a people, some would point to the Ethiopians neglecting the fact that the other side is dependent on the Eritrean regime and thus not entirely independent. Today the opposition is in Asmara so how independent are any of us? We need a Somali centric movement.

B. All indications are they will leave and so far I have not seen any signs that they have the appetite to stay long term. One must consider that Ethiopia is a poor nation most of their troops are conscripts and there is much unrest within its own borders not to mention their war with Eritrea which could heat up at any time.

C. Uncle Sam is a different kettle of fish, he is everywhere and his interest is much deeper than our neighbors, Oil, LNG are the main goals of this fellow. His interest is not close to the average Xalimo and Farah at all. However its better to have this giant and our neighbors on our side and not against us. The average Xalimo and Farah are tired and need a long respite from conflict of any kind.

2. My opinion on the war on terror is quite simple, it is an attempt to further control the Muslim world and to keep it in the darkness that has engulfed it for the past five hundred years. Thus in East Africa its an extension of this wider war, you keep Somalia the only 100% Muslim nation without stability and governance at the mercy of NGO’s in Nairobi, its clever that a “Muslim Jihadi” group is waging a war not in Addis-Ababa, Asmara and Nairobi were Muslim have never ruled and should have more say in their nations affairs, but in Mogadishu were the leaders will always be Muslim.

3. The TFG faces many challenges, some I have touched upon above they are external the rivalry of our neighbors, the powerful NGO’s in Nairobi, the US/China African scramble for resources. However another danger is internal corruption, incompetence and the lack bureaucracy i.e. the machinery of governance does not exist yet. The internal clan rivalry and hatred and the opportunistic nature of the average Somali politician will represent much danger to the strengthening of the TFG as it moves forward to national elections.

4. With any time of drastic change there will be resistance to such change lets not get this mixed up with real grievance. However I believe that empowering the locals will go to soothing any real or perceived grievance. Every region should be ruled by the locals and then they should form their states which then will elect the leadership. No clan no matter how small should be marginalized and no clan no matter how large should monopolize power. Occupied properties especially private should be returned and we must forgive what happened in the past and give amnesty in order to heal our wounds.

5. “What does not kill you makes you stronger” is a saying I am quite fond of, Somalia can only move forward it has no more room to reverse. Through self governance and building of national institutions, comes employment and some dignity which will go some way to getting us to preferred destination. Self governance, true independence and unity of purpose. Thus peace even when it is not perferct is better than war, also the Somali Republic is not one for its inhabitants alone, the Somali republic is home to all Somali’s no matter were they live its their single real estate in this planet.

Tahliil   

Wasn't it Mohamed Dheere who put Yeey the vampire under house arrest for months and once used to poke the goon now and then with his elbows before the old vampire get all bruised and run away to Baydhabo..? I mean the new governor of Mogadishu???? go figure...blamey blamey now