Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

New Song: Yaa diidan Dowladnimadii

Marka hore in la fahma ayaa fiican wuxuu sharban shabeel leeyahay. In wax la isku sheego way fiicantahay.

But, you kept saying the “production”. What you mean by that? The beat (Piano, Guitar, drums, etc)? You mean the EQ’s (Mixing of the music, balancing the vocals, effects, tone arrangements, and etc)? Tell us what you hear that we don’t know. Naga jaahil bixi, you might be right!

In my ears, this sophomore high school kid from Cedar is already shining like a star with his first video. His album is coming this spring.

1. The instrumental is no good. Even if you like the monotone composition (what is it like 5 notes in there?), and I guess it *could* be a matter of taste, you'd still have to recognize the whole thing sounds like it was composed on a nintendo 64. The quality of the samples is abyssimal.

2. The production itself is poor. The mixing, the way they made the voice sound...did you notice how much reverb they slapped on it? It sounds like he's singing somewhere down a well.

Overall what this song does is make a talented singer look bad. And this is unfortunately not the only time when bad production is an issue in Somali music.

Sharban: Nintendo 64 is video game. :D

You mean N3-64 Korg Keyboard?

I think these guys are playing PSR-2000 Yamaha. You can find the real-sound-like Sax only on PSR-2000 and up.

Thanks though for sharing your opinion. At Ciyaalka Xaafada production/Rageedii Films , your opinion matters even more when you join them at facebook :D