Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Good Morning Mr. President

You know how people ask sometimes “What would you do if you had a million dollars”? or “What would you do if you were president”? If I had a million dollars I’d become a president. Hell ya! No seriously though, that is what this new series is about. If I was president, what would I do?

For starters less set some background on our country. I am the president of the newly created Peoples Republic of Somalia (PPS) after a dynamic people’s revolution. The PPS is the rebirth of a nation once called the Somali Republic after it committed political and cultural suicide. And as the new sun’s light begins to shine on the young nation the future looks dark. Can we battle the environment devastation we have racked upon ourselves? Can we keep the peace or will we return to continue the 18 year long civil war? Can this small and poor nation stands its own against the elements of globalization and the political interest of the United States with its War of Terror? Can we show the World that Africa is not the Dark Continent? Si!, Se Puede (Yes! , It Can Be Done).

So lets start with some major and simple legislation. Somalia will be formally divided into the following states; Northland State, Puntland, Maakhir, Galmudug, Shabelle, Jubaland, Somaliland, ******, and Dijoubiti. Each state shall have a governor and be given autonomy in its own affairs as long as they meet the standard of the national law. The government shall be divided up accordingly; president shall be in charge of all international issues and most pass all national legislation, the prime minister is head of government selects the cabinet, the governor general is ambassador of the state leaders and is speaker of the house.

Presidential Decrees are laws passed and presented in the General Laws of the Nation

Presidential Decree Number 1: Tribalism

No law or legislation shall be made with consideration of tribes. It shall be illegal and punishable by law to ask or tell what tribe ones is in or is from. Any decision made due to tribalism will be considered an act of prejudices; which is directly prohibited by Article 1 of the Charter of Rights.

Presidential Decree Number 2: Copyright Law

In order to rise the nation, international copyright laws will be directly implemented. A person can build/ sell (but not resell) any product with a copyright inside the Peoples Republic of Somalia but may not export it another country. All this follow this except for machinery, medicine, and computer (Information Technology) for which Variation Principle exist. The Variation Principle is attribute to the implementation of Appropriate Technology. One may redesign the car and computer to better fit the needs of the Somali people and sell that outside the country to expand market.

By: Mr. Dreamer