Sign in to follow this  
macalimuu

obsession with the clan politics?

We have erstwhile clannish president, one of the principal players of the Somali holocaust and the destruction of our nation. We have a subdued amateurish hand-puppet as prime minister. We have the largest cabinet, full of brutal warlords and preposterous portfolios. We have illiterate clan minded parliamentarians. We have hostile and opposed clans all competing to dominate government positions. We have a secessionist region, committed to the dogmatic cause of clan reign.

That is the status quo so far. we are all here to discuss this tit for tat ignorance!

in the meantime we all know we are heading to the same cyclical way of mayhem and chaos. Another civil war is looming large and this one is going to be more catastrophic.

Warlord president is a man on mission. He is going to launch a new reprisal undertaking. With the help of the Ethiopian army and his clan militias, he is determined to wreak havoc in every region of Somalia. While he may not accomplish to dominate and subjugate others, he will definitely create more turmoil and bloodshed.

Unfortunately, many of his educated clan elites are collaborating and working for this contemptible warlord president and have discarded their commonsense and education for egotistical clan interests. Loyalties to the clan creed have impaired their political outlook. It seems they are once again repeating the same disastrous formula for governance and leadership. It seems that they can’t learn from the past and are all unwavering to concede failure. They just don’t know how to get rid of clan allegiance. Nation building is an alien concept to them and they are convinced that it’s their inherent nature to lead.

Tell me my fellow Somalis, how on earth we will ever be a modern nation if you are all applauding and perpetuating this tribal ignorance. I am challenging you all, especially those of you who devotedly post on this lousy forum, to come up with a better alternative vision, unlike this avenging clan predicament.

Now, this is the kind of talk I absolutely loath. Talk about 'a new generation' and 'an alternative to the status quo'. Talk with no usefullness or reality what so ever, mate. Talk that makes you feel good and gives you some adrenaline shots in the back of your brain of hope, till you realise it is just talk.

I believe we should stay real mate. New generation or alternative or whatever, they will still face the problems that we are facing at this very moment mate.

J.Lee   

LoL, And you call yourself a Nationalist right? I have read some of your posts on this forum and I'm inclined to think that you're part of the "applauding and perpetuating this tribal ignorance" Members on this site, That being said To the poster aboowe/abaayo? There isn't an alternative vision that will be taken in consideration as long as there're warlords and people who devoutly support them based on their misplaced clan loyalty.

If it was up to me and Murder wasn't a sin...I would of killed all warlords and their marauding Militia men but since that is highly unlikely, I would say if we only but build a government based on the Islamic sharia and thought ourselves as muslims/somalis instead of Clans and sub-clans then we might have hope Insha'allah but until our elected officials and country men/women realize that, Somalia would always be in turmoil and somalinimo would always take a back seat to Clan loyalty.

Originally posted by macalimuu:

Warlord president is a man on mission. He is going to launch a new reprisal undertaking. With the help of the Ethiopian army and his clan militias, he is determined to wreak havoc in every region of Somalia. While he may not accomplish to dominate and subjugate others, he will definitely create more turmoil and bloodshed.

Unfortunately, many of his educated clan elites are collaborating and working for this contemptible warlord president and have discarded their commonsense and education for egotistical clan interests. Loyalties to the clan creed have impaired their political outlook. It seems they are once again repeating the same disastrous formula for governance and leadership. It seems that they can’t learn from the past and are all unwavering to concede failure. They just don’t know how to get rid of clan allegiance. Nation building is an alien concept to them and they are convinced that it’s their inherent nature to lead.

That's interesting. First, you're a psychic who can predict what's coming for Somalia. And not only that, but you know precisely what the warlord president is thinking. ENLIGHTEN us on your methods please..

Secondly, saying that "many" of the warlord president's clansmen support him in his as-of-yet-unknown political agenda is inherently a sugarcoated way of saying F them! Quit beating around the bush and discuss the dixiri that's bothering you..