Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The Olympics Thread

Jaylaani   

Hello LazY

Nice observation boo. You’re right these aren’t 18yrs old kids in college they’re playing against and I do agree with you that Melo and most of these guys in the roster has no business of being there however, I think Anthony can do what these international players can do which is shooting and shooting rather than dunking that is why I think he would be more efficient in the line up rather than Jefferson, who can’t shoot and can’t dribble the rock.

But most important of all, these folks are going to painfully learn that playing towards the highlight film is not an indication that you can play THE game, and you must, if you call yourself a player, be able to hit the jay from 23' deep. If they continue to play this way, they will come home empty handed.

Holla back

N.O.R.F   

A-Poerto Rico-oooo A-Poerto Rico-ooooo A Poerta Rico-ooooo,lol, sound like the yanks got a spankin,,,,,

Anyway, for me the Oplympics is all about the Athletics and i'm looking forward to Friday when all this swimming and water sports is all over.

Roma Youngster Push Italy to Semi's

The game seemed to be heading towards penalties, but in the closing moments of extra time Pirlo curled in one his trademark free kicks and found the head of
Roma defender Cesare Bovo
. The Mali goalkeeper managed to get a hand to it, but the angle was too tight for him to keep it out of the bottom corner of the net.

Also For good measure:

Iraq reach last four in spectacular Fashion

_39983090_emad203.jpg

N.O.R.F   

Nice one sujui, watched so called 'dream' team lose to Lithuiania icon_razz.gif , about to watch the 100m final, predition......Kim Collins,,,,,,

N.O.R.F   

^^^funny you shold say that, hes already been banned for drugs previously :rolleyes:

Anyway i saw Kelly Holmes get a Gold last night and Amir Khan is in the semis for the boxing, he already has a bronze and get to a dream final against a cuban geezer on sunday!

_39995020_khanlive203.jpg

Intel   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Amir Khan is in the semis for the boxing,

mate he is awesome :eek:

Hicham El Guerrouj 1500m final thats was great too

4_14_1.gif they should have all the Summer X sports in the olympics tho

You can say that again Rokko.

Hicham The Great

His well deserved victory brought tears to my eye's

He is the embodiment of what atheletic's should be about. I was lucky enough to meet this great brother a few years ago at the london Crystal Palace Gran Prix and his humility and modest nature was amazing.

Did someone say "U.S.A"

..... U.S.A, U.S.A,U.S.A, U.S.A.....

........U.S.A,U.S.AU.S.A...........

I am glad marbury got his groove back, 31pts, made record breaking u.s basketball history on an olympic level, what more can a fan ask for...???

Can ya say,arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Too bad, I am sure there were few of you out there, who didn't think this group of men could accomplish a medal, but I am sure you will be changing your minds soon enough....

Personally, I would be satisfied with a silver, if they capture that, let someone else get the gold for once, thats coo, but getting gold is a bonus, this time around....(its more challenging, don't you agree)

SPAIN GOT CRUSHEd, too bad I didn't get to watch the game, but the highlights spoke wonders...

They should re-run those games on evenings, when folks are at home.

raula   

I was pissed off when the dang friggin' GREEKS fans :mad: booed the 3 American sprinters competing in the 200m race(CROWFORD,WILLIAMS, GATLIN)- good to see NCAA rookies making it to the olympics just coz their pill-popping scumbag redface.gif :rolleyes: (KOSTAS KENTARIS) :rolleyes: didn't pass the Drug test(and faked a motocycle accident) icon_razz.gif -here is wat I gotta say to him(KENTARIS u thought coz u are in your country they will spare you, go piss off :D u dirty low-life prick ;) and spare us the PITY of seeing you succumb to # 8 looser :( .

the 3 sprinters reminded me of 2000 MINNESOTA VIKINGS players called "the 3 DEEP"(Cunningham, Moss and Carter)-oh boy! this was the best team ever-too bad we were just 'shy' of the SUPERBOWL

mojam   

The one sport i support the US in is BASKETBALL, they just play the game the best ... well maybe two sports... add the womens soccer as well ...not fair they beat my Brasil to get the gold.

foudy_usabrazil040826.jpg

another sad thing... the way perdita lost in the 100-m hurdles... i actually felt more sorry for the Russian hurdler but she couldn't help it.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/olympics/national/2004/08/24/Sports/perdita040824.html

felicien_perdita_close04082.jpg

mizz unique Iraq still has a chance at bronze. that is not bad for a team that should have been eliminated in the quarters ... australia really outplayed them in the quarters. Iraq will get the bronze if they score first against italy.