Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Puppet president sees no difference between moderates, radicals

Castro   

Somali pres sees no difference between moderates, radicals

6 Feb 6, 2007, 18:20

BAIDOA, Somalia Feb 6 (Garowe Online) - Somalia’s interim president has once again dismissed any negotiation between his government and the recently ousted Islamic Courts movement.

In a Wednesday interview with Yemeni media, President Abdullahi Yusuf said he makes no distinction between “moderate” and “radical” elements within the Islamists.

“I believe that the leaders of the Islamic Courts are criminals who committed crimes against the nation and the population, therefore how can I talk to such people?” President Yusuf said from the southwestern Somali city of Baidoa.

The Somali president said his government planned to bring Islamist leaders to court and seek justice for their crimes against the country and people.

President Yusuf’s tough words come at a time the international community, namely the European Union and the U.S. government, have called for inclusive dialogue with moderate Islamists, particularly Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed.

But Yusuf dismissed such calls by saying Sheikh Sharif was one of the leaders of the Islamic Courts, and is therefore a criminal his government would not negotiate with.

Last month, President Yusuf called for a national reconciliation conference between warring Somali clans and sub-clans after pressure from the international community.

But he has made it clear that Islamist leaders are not invited to participate.

Garowe Online

Abwaan   

Ar dadkaan Amxaarada u shaqeeya waa lagu wareeraa sxb. Maalinba cajalad baa la gashtaa.......Hadda Meles baa middaan odayga isaga kaga tegey, haddana raba inuu maxkamadaha la heshiiyo, beelihii Soomaaliyeedna u kala yeeranaya. This is C/laahi inuu desperate yahay aad aragtid. Arrintii baa jiq ku noqotay, oo dherigii Meles baa loo daba maray@lol...

“I believe that the leaders of the Islamic Courts are criminals who committed crimes against the nation and the population, therefore how can I talk to such people?” President Yusuf said from the southwestern Somali city of Baidoa.

:D:D:D:D

Sax, how dare and can you talk to such a people -- a "criminal" people who committed "crimes" against the nation by bringing an arch-enemy Xabash's full invasion, airbombing, massacring thousands of Soomaali youths in the process, who valiantly fought and halgamay for their dal, diin and dad.

How can indeed people like that can be "talked" to?

yusuf_004.jpg

“These guys believe if I am killed, my government will collapse. If I die, my government will still function,”
he said.

Madaxweynuhu waxa uu xusay in ragaasi ay ku riyoonayaan in haddii isaga la dilo ay dowladdiisu burbureyso waxa uuna tilmaamay in haddii uu isagu geeriyoodo ay dowladdu horay u soconeyso oo aanay isaga u dhutin doonin .

The quotes you missed out, but highlights the fact that the TFG is bigger than any man or even clan...

Viva Mr President...

I like how he say “MY GOVERNMENT” when did the government became “his”?

That reminds me of the lord of the rings “My precious, mine I tell you, it is mine.”

He is useless, we want the Ethiopians to die off. Then this Warlord Government will stop existing.

^^He gave an insight into the fact that this TFG is bigger than anyone, if he dies it will continue. Oh it is his government he is the head of it, commander in chief and all.

The government is not “his” even if he is the so called “Commander in Chief.” The government is for the people, it is for the ministries and the nation. He should learn how to use the correct terms.

In democratic countries the term “My government” isn’t no longer used. The terms, “the government”, “our government” or “your government” is used. Trust me old man, the phrase “my government” was used in the Dominions by the monarch and even most of htem have stop using it today.

I have yet to hear a head of state refer to his/her government as "The Government" or "Your Government". of course everything is possible but trust me, "My government" is the more commonly used term.

My government means he is responsible ,,,, when you say MY OFFICE doesn't mean you own the office but simply means you manage or simply work there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for the clearification JB. Getting back to the subject, The president is right. Does America divide Al-qaida into moderates radicals. Let me assure you that they are all terrorist to them. So how can these people be considered terrorist (not by the terrorist cheerleaders of SOL) and then people the government should negociate with about joining the government? These people took arms against the state and attacked the government, the only right place for them is in jails!

Naxar,

Do you even know what your are arguing for? No one uses the term “my government”, especially not a president. Even Bush doesn’t use that term.

A government doesn’t not belong to a single person that is why it is called a government.

“A government is a body that has the authority to make and the power to enforce laws within a civil, corporate, religious, academic, or other organization or group.”

You’re articulately ignorant. Just keep quite. You people don’t even know what you are saying most of the time!

The TFG can talk to those who control at least some areas in the country. The ICU lost and they don't even exist anymore ,,,,, how come A/Y will talk to a group that doesn't exist ???

If they represent Qabiil plz tell me and i can understand ,,, if not then you should realize they don't have a power and they won't be a threat anymore ,,,,,,

I think the TFG should talk and deal with the Clans and tribes but not a specific group ,,,,,