Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Puppet president sees no difference between moderates, radicals

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Did he say MY GOVERNMENT or not ????

that is the question ,,, forget about the systems and other arguments

I believe I told you who is part of the bush administration. And since they are a parlimentary system, they have a specific executive which is the Bush Administration. :cool:

Liibaan   

Bush frequently uses “My government”

Here is some examples

CNN Bush " My government took the appropriate response to those dangers. And as a result, the world is going to be more secure and more peaceful."

USA Today Bush "I mean, one of the things about Elizabeth's question was, I stepped back and I've asked myself a lot, is there anything we could have done to stop the attacks? Of course I've asked that question, as have many people in my government. Nobody wants this to happen to America. "

Guardian Bush "At this hour, the world is witnessing terrible suffering and horrible crimes in the Darfur region of Sudan, crimes my government has concluded are genocide. The United States played a key role in efforts to broker a cease-fire, and we're providing humanitarian assistance to the Sudanese people."

Samarnews Bush " My government and your government pursue a common objective: We will bring Abu Sayyaf to justice And we will continue to work together, along with our friends in Southeast Asia,"

Guardian Blair "A future fair for all; that is the goal. In its pursuit, the question my Government and my Party faces is the same you face every day."

Press conference President Chirac "Ladies and Gentlemen, as we start this press conference, I would like to say how happy we have been, we the French, to welcome the Prime Minister of Britain. We are here with my government and I would like to thank very warmly, on my behalf and the Prime Minister's behalf, the French authorities, especially the Mayor of Le Touquet. This place is a symbol of our friendship between our two countries."

quick clearification: America has a presidential system not parliamentary. The Uk has a parliamentary system. Ours is a mixed one because we have both a presidedent and a prime minister chosen by the Parliament.

Okay if it makes you happey, yes, dubya did in fact say my government and he too his wrong. I thought he was referring to his administration when he said my government, but the village dim wit, thinks the government is his. Just like our warlord president.

Do you know that Bush has being criticized for saying “my government?”

W: "My Government"

Here's how W is defending the Dubai decision: "The more people learn about the transaction that has been scrutinized and approved by my government, the more they'll be comforted..."

For a moment, set aside the "trust-me" part of this, and focus instead on the "my government" bit.

If he'd said "my administration," I wouldn't have blinked.

"My cabinet" would also have raised no hackles. If he really wanted to use the word "government," then how about these pronouns as antecedents for "people": "their government" or "our government."

But no, he said "my government." I don't think that's just a garden variety Bushism, a trivial malapropism. I think it goes right to his understanding of who he is, and who we are. It's not a Freudian slip; it's an Orwellian siren, an anti-democratic red alert.

The founding documents of our nation talk about the government, our government, a government, any government. If my is used, it's said on behalf of the citizens, not their rulers.

But W really believes that it's his government. He doesn't see himself as a steward, a trustee, a caretaker, someone who temporarily gets to steer the ship of state because of the momentary consent of the governed and an enduring set of rules. No, he believes it's his ship, his state, his rules -- his and his ideological fellow-travelers.

The heads of some countries with parliamentary systems, like India, sometimes say "my government"; when they do, it means 'my Cabinet," "my temporary ruling colition," "my majority" -- which could fall in an instant, if there were a no-confidence vote.

But in the US, we don't have governments that get made and dissolved year-round; we have Administrations, that get formed every four years.

In the American context, unless it's an ordinary citizen like you or me speaking, let's recognize the expression "my government" as what it really is: a deeply troubling oxymoron, the inappropriate yoking together of a democratic institution and -- well, a moron.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-kaplan/w-my-government_b_16224.html

^^^On what they he too will be criticized or that he was wrong as well?

As far as I am concerned we are still talking about the phrase ‘my government’, it appears like the American people were quite upset as well.

Liibaan   

Bush, Bush senior, Blair, Chirac, Harper, and the Indian prime minister all of them used the term “My government”

So what’s the issue here?

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

the people who write the speechs of Bush know a lot more about government protocol then the ones who are talking about him, lets keep that in mind.

And how did you come to that conclusion?

Okay it is his government, when he dies we will bury it with him.

Being the devil’s advocate was worth it, since it rattled you folks up. :D

You all should try it at least once.

Peace folks