Che -Guevara

Somaliland and Ethiopia signs "Historic" MoU on access to Red Sea and Establishment of Naval Base

Edna adan  tells Somalilanders and konfurians absolutly share nothing no culture no tradtion no afsomali no history no policy  no same interest.

2 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

We are living in strange times.

Interesting there indeed ambassador cawil and ambasador bashit goth 

Somaliland takes first step toward implementing sea access deal with Ethiopia

March 11, 2024

MOGADIShU (Somaliguardian) – Somaliland authorities have taken the first step toward implementing a sea access deal with landlocked Ethiopia as Somalia asks Addis Ababa to abandon the memorandum of understanding signed in January.

A technical committee dispatched by Somaliland President arrived in the town of Lughaya in Awal region where Ethiopia is set to build a naval base and met with local elders, weeks after reports emerged that residents opposed the deal.

Members of the committee also met traditional leaders in Borama, Dila and other towns in the region in an effort aimed at soothing tensions over the memorandum of understanding.

Somaliland has deployed hundreds of heavily-armed troops to major urban areas in the region to prevent a possible uprising amid growing agitation over the agreement, which locals described as illegal giveaway of Somali-owned land and sea.

So how can  The US solve  this and the leverage they have  will they oppose Ethiopian interest  or will they  support Somalia interest.

As for Somalia what can they offer  Ethiopia , a free port  no military base a but a free port this will hurt jabuuti and berbera.

hassan sheikh wants Ethiopia to drop the MOU  but he is not willing to give the Ethiopian any conessions well maybe he would he said aslong as i sign it its good  i will give them ports. i think the only way he can make the Ethiopian drpop the MOU is showing the Ethiopian what they might lose if they continue which is maybe their trroops inside somalia though somalia has problem to find replace ment but if they find replacement Ethiopia will lose its troops inside somalia. Qat trade not so much becauase walanweyn chew more mira then harari qat. Ethiopian airlines  i dont think walanweyn use Ethiopian airliners  as much as landers djiboutians and  to some extend the  pirates in garowe. The only way he might convince abiye to drop the MOU is  if he gets a free port Abiye wants two things  a free port or a port they own and a naval base . a afree port can be done Since Somalia doesnt like to make money from Ethiopia any ways so they can give them. Sabotage  Somaliland and Ethiopia deal. They cant give a naval base though  i dont think hassan can sell that to his egyptian masters and  others.

Somaliland is willing to give them a naval base and a share in the port of berbera they have already . The only problem is qeylada  Walanweynta   this is making the Ethiopians very  uncomfortable. Soo they are a bit shaking i guess.

The 3rd option is  if  Somalia and Somaliland can come to an agreement about theit future relationship. But i doubt that they are to far apart two different ideologies meel dhexe ma jirto maybe if there were other leaders  then ina bixii and culusow. Because Somalia hates Somaliland recognition more then they love their own peace in their own country. So the 3rd option will be impossible at least in our life time

Illyria   
2 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

As for Somalia what can they offer  Ethiopia , a free port  no military base a but a free port this will hurt jabuuti and berbera.

He does not have anything to give, and even if he wanted to he will be end up with more than a broken arm and a black eye.

2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

HSM is not very serious. I think he  will make Somalia loose

It is not that he is not serious, but he is out of his depth as to the geopolitical games being played over his head.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

3 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

The 3rd option is  if  Somalia and Somaliland can come to an agreement about theit future relationship. But i doubt that they are to far apart two different ideologies meel dhexe ma jirto maybe if there were other leaders  then ina bixii and culusow. Because Somalia hates Somaliland recognition more then they love their own peace in their own country. So the 3rd option will be impossible at least in our life time

valid point, Somalis must talk, and close the door for the enemy.

I think HSM is very confused, does not have enough leverage against Ethiopia, Ethiopia on South West and many areas, has leverage, those areas may fall to Shabab, if Ethiopia leaves, and these are facts, and does HSM have any replacement ? ready? we are addressing the core issues, before you do anything, can Somalia get rid off these Ethiopians?

we are parking at the wrong tree, and not addressing the elephant in the room, all the noise is nonsense with Ethiopia still in-bedded in Somalia

3 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

valid point, Somalis must talk, and close the door for the enemy.

I think HSM is very confused, does not have enough leverage against Ethiopia, Ethiopia on South West and many areas, has leverage, those areas may fall to Shabab, if Ethiopia leaves, and these are facts, and does HSM have any replacement ? ready? we are addressing the core issues, before you do anything, can Somalia get rid off these Ethiopians?

He does have leverage, he just doesn't know how to deploy it.

Illyria   

Whenever you hear the empty heads shouting from rooftops with ill-guided diatribe, it means the triangle is on fire. We heard from Xammalat al Xadhab, and here are her minions.

GIauYiQXoAAIM_H?format=jpg&name=medium

GIauYZ7WoAAbscP?format=jpg&name=medium