Che -Guevara

Somaliland and Ethiopia signs "Historic" MoU on access to Red Sea and Establishment of Naval Base

Illyria   

Has the MoU been reviewed, deliberated or discussed by either Houses of SL Parliament?

Has the FGS had a session to discuss implications of the MoU?

Arafaat   
9 minutes ago, Illyria said:

Has the MoU been reviewed, deliberated or discussed by either Houses of SL Parliament?

Has the FGS had a session to discuss implications of the MoU?

MoU has never been made publicly contrary to earlier commitment for Parliament to review. 

8 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Ethiopia in the end got pressured to much now the deal is dead, well maybe for the better 

Is this news confirmed.?  it is for better , never bring habash 

2 hours ago, Arafaat said:

From the perspective of politicians you would have been right, but from a businessman’s point of view, nothing is more important than a ‘mashruuc’. 

Somaliland oo sahamineysa goobtii ay Ethiopia saldhig ka dhigan lahayd’. 

When did they convert Bashir Goth, he is is from Awdal, was very anti SL, and extensively used to write about against SL?

Illyria   
1 hour ago, Arafaat said:

MoU has never been made publicly contrary to earlier commitment for Parliament to review. 

A complete disregard for good governance, Parliamentary procedures, if very shady, and shoddy practice.

21 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

When did they convert Bashir Goth, he is is from Awdal, was very anti SL, and extensively used to write about against SL?

He has joined the secessionist camp long time ago, was recruited by the late Cali Marshal, and jumped ship when Riyaale was elected.

5 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Even without any legality being there and ICJ striking down the agreement the second Somalia goes to the court, I fear that for the Somaliland regime this is outweigh by the the business prospectives of the deal and presenting a quick win for the electoral before the elections, irrelevant of the end result on its recognition.

Anything is possible with Muse, Heego and business oligarchs.

2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

He used to be anti SNM during the 1980s and called the duriyad people the problem child of Somalis  how ever  through outh the 2000s  He has whole heartly converted to Somalilandism  then . Bashir goth is a smart fellow to be honest.

3 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Is this news confirmed.?  it is for better , never bring habash 

Not sure yet  i am getting mixed signals  i have spoken to senior SL politicians tonight and they said  everthing is on the right track we havent heard anything from Ethiopia.  But it is a fact that  Ethiopia feels presssured my source said there is allot of pressure on Ethiopia to abandon the deal . but Abiye still remains firm  He views that this is only way to access the red sea the other option is a full blown War with Eritrea.

• Like 1

according to gaylan media  Ethiopia wants to get the legitimate approval from Mogadishu to get access to a sea out let so what can happen here then well for sure  Hassan sheikh cant sign  an out let for Ethiopia in any territory in the north Somaliland it wont work because SL wont allow it  even if abiye says i got signature from hassan.  let me in 

second  issue will be  hassan to give Ethiopia a sea out let inside Somalia , for Ethiopia to drop the SL MOU , now this could work but  hassan then has to give the ethiopians a deal as good as the one they had with Somaliland  naval base for a half a century  well can hassan sheikh do that to give them merca or hobyo cadale  kismayo or any other sea out let some place in southern Somalia , the only thing he  wins with that is Stopping Somaliland recognition he wont win anything else 

Illyria   

Faysal Roble is one of the few S Galbeed sons whose analyses I heed with respect to Habasha and its expansionist strategy.

4 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

according to gaylan media  Ethiopia wants to get the legitimate approval from Mogadishu to get access to a sea out let so what can happen here then well for sure  Hassan sheikh cant sign  an out let for Ethiopia in any territory in the north Somaliland it wont work because SL wont allow it  even if abiye says i got signature from hassan.  let me in 

second  issue will be  hassan to give Ethiopia a sea out let inside Somalia , for Ethiopia to drop the SL MOU , now this could work but  hassan then has to give the ethiopians a deal as good as the one they had with Somaliland  naval base for a half a century  well can hassan sheikh do that to give them merca or hobyo cadale  kismayo or any other sea out let some place in southern Somalia , the only thing he  wins with that is Stopping Somaliland recognition he wont win anything else 

No one is giving a naval base to Ethiopia  in North or South.

HSM has gotten a political mileage out of this too.

Kenya and US are pushing for talks in Nairobi. Somali delegation refused to meet the Ethiopians. There will be no meeting before Abiy rescinds MoU and any subsequent discussion won't about any naval base on the Somali coast.

Abiy was also  told any further funding from IMF will depend on how he handles MoU issue and the situation in Amhara as well as Tigray peace implementation.

Abiye these days relies more on the Chinese and the east I doubt he cares for the aid money the west give them though he is broke. But he has big daddy uae to help him with the deficit he don’t mind throwing the mou with sl in the bin but he wants an alternative I do believe hassan wants to give him some concessions . As long as he reject the current mou because this hurts the bunker . And they can’t have that . Do not believe ulusow is more wadani then ina bixi.  Ulusow will do everting for money do not miscalculate ulusow will do everting to come back after 2026 that’s his aim and not accumulate as much   as possible .i mean if he cared about human rights he would have not killed over a million tigrays the west did little to stop that war