Che -Guevara

Somaliland and Ethiopia signs "Historic" MoU on access to Red Sea and Establishment of Naval Base

Arafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf, you seriously want to invest in agriculture in Ethiopia, thereby producing investments, employment and currency for Ethiopia, instead you could have also invested in agriculture in Awdal, Gebiley, Erigavo, and all those other fertile lands thereby creating employment and investment for Somaliland, and on top of that kill Somalilands lifeline of Berbera Port, tax revenue for Somaliland government and employment generated directly and indirectly through the port? 

You can’t be serieus 😟 

no i am not saying that i am wlling to exchange  port for fertile lands i am saying if SL finds other source if income  to earn  hard currency. way ka maarmi karta dekked ,,dekked would not be SL main source of income for example if oil is found  this port fees would be pocket change.. Ethiopia had a good deal with asmara in the 1990s   they paid nothing for the use of massawa and assab.  Ethiopia if they give SL a good concession we would give them a great discount we would never charge them what jabuuti charge them

For Somaliland, the memorandum of understanding is a political gamble that has energised its long quest for outside recognition. Since 1991, Somaliland has developed many trappings of a state, including a largely stable, functional administration and relations – both diplomatic and commercial – with foreign powers, including the U.S., UK and United Arab Emirates (UAE). In particular, the Emirati firm DP World is investing $442 million in Berbera port, aiming to make it into a regional trade and logistics hub. Meanwhile, Somalia continues to demand that Somaliland rejoin its federation, leading external partners that want the two to resolve their differences amicably to support off-and-on talks between Mogadishu and Hargeisa. The latest attempt at reviving these talks came just days before the memorandum, with Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud and President Bihi of Somaliland meeting in Djibouti on 28-29 December. Somaliland officials described the memorandum to Crisis Group partly as a response to Somalia’s uncompromising stance on the independence question, including at that meeting, and an expression of frustration with Somaliland’s unresolved status

WWW.CRISISGROUP.ORG

A preliminary agreement with Somaliland giving landlocked Ethiopia access to the Gulf of Aden has heightened tensions in the Horn of Africa, a region already in turmoil. In this Q&A, Crisis Group experts...

Illyria   
2 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Xaaji Xunjuf, you seriously want to invest in agriculture in Ethiopia, thereby producing investments, employment and currency for Ethiopia, instead you could have also invested in agriculture in Awdal, Gebiley, Erigavo, and all those other fertile lands thereby creating employment and investment for Somaliland, and on top of that kill Somalilands lifeline of Berbera Port, tax revenue for Somaliland government and employment generated directly and indirectly through the port? 

You can’t be serieus 😟 

Mind not XX, for he is not guided by principles, but desire for the untenable, and neither thinks through nor absorbs the implications, economic or otherwise, of what he is trading. As sussed out, he is stuck in another galaxy.

My principles  are based on the interest of how we can best serve the interest of the Somaliland republic which i hold dear 

Illyria   
12 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

My principles  are based on the interest of how we can best serve the interest of the Somaliland republic which i hold dear 

Thank you for proving my point. See, interests are short-term, and come and go in a flash, however principles are well-grounded, and never change.

my principles never change i whole hearlty stand with Somaliland through thick and thin that never changes. So one could say that  i stand by  my SL principles no matter what

Illyria   
1 hour ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

my principles never change i whole hearlty stand with Somaliland through thick and thin that never changes. So one could say that  i stand by  my SL principles no matter what

You are mistaking Principle for Servility.

Illyria   

Servility and conformity, as a moral failure, in the act of being beholden to a political ideology, even when proven to be dangerously wrong. Case in point: criminal atrocities in Las Anod, wrongs against GXJS, the struggle of reer Awdal, the infamous MoU to name a few. You fail to see validity in any of those, for you are subservient to a political ideology, which goes against the public good (principle) for the people.

Not really  i absolutely dissagree   protecting the nations very own security and political stability  doesnt make u bad or to be against the public good..  if some segment of the public want to  cause mayhem. Then it for the larger good u try to stop this uprise,  the same way the president of russia is dealing with the Ukrainian trouble makers .  Ur doing it for the larger good

Illyria   
25 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Not really  i absolutely dissagree   protecting the nations very own security and political stability  doesnt make u bad or to be against the public good..  if some segment of the public want to  cause mayhem. Then it for the larger good u try to stop this uprise,  the same way the president of russia is dealing with the Ukrainian trouble makers .  Ur doing it for the larger good

The biggest threat to nation states are corrupt political leaders. Their biggest weapon is to subjugate the populace, and abuse their powers in the name of  national security.

• Why does the public revolt: against injustice.
  • What do just nation states do: address injustices, perceived or otherwise.
  • What do broken, corrupt leaders do: destabilise to justify their methods by imprisoning, killing, uprooting the public.