Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Doctor Dilemma

Rahima   

Rahima....I don't understand how it works. Is it something both patners agree on or is it the Faaraxs that suggest goverment housing?

Atleast one patner gotta have some ambition

I don’t know what it is, but in Australia almost everyone does it. I appreciate that for some it is a legitimate form of housing, but what I fail to get my head around is why the bloody hell would a young 20-something couple where at least one of the two has a stable job would seek government housing. In so many ways for such a couple to seek it is degrading. Even worse, to voice such an opinion is snobbery.

Rahima, those that end up in government housing are doing it because heblaayo and hebel got a townhouse at such and such neighbourhood for like $200/month. More and More middle class families are aiming low, instead of aiming high.

Rent in Melbourne is increasing by the day especially since we’ve had three interest rate hikes in a matter of months, laakiin that is workable, just move out another 5 km from the city. We all drive here and many have cars so that would never be a problem, laakiin all are set on trying to establish themselves in suburbs of upper middle class range, which is ridiculous to rent privately so instead they go to government housing for that unlike private is dependant on your income (which often is a lie also).

Your example Lazie is doable in a country where there are halal forms of lending for property. Here in Australia it doesn’t exist, believe you me I know. Perhaps for the last year or so I’ve been looking at the options available to me as a Muslim wishing to buy property in Melbourne, and really all I kept finding were dead ends.

Everything here is riba, even the so-called Islamic finance institutions function on riba. That said I’ve read and heard that HSBC offers halal options, but guess what, they also do not offer this halal option to Muslims in Australia. I realise that Muslims in the UK and US have these options, but we here do not so really unless you want to deal in Riba you are stuck with renting.

Rose   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

quote:am not interested in him. Nor do I find him attractive.

Don't get me wrong, but I think you are full of it.(hence, he doesn't pray 5x a day)

You know you are interested in his "status", and yes you find his "status" attractive, or else you wouldn't talk like you torn between his less attractive self and the potential of being the doctor's wife.

Sweetie, deep down you are what I call a silent gold digger, the thought of you giving up a potential hubby doctor is killing you silently, and thats your dilemma. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you weren't attracted to his so called "wealth" or u weren't interested in him in anyway, why have you not told him of this sooner?

Why did you lead him on?

The man had to have gotten to know you first before the marriage talk came about, unless this was arranged the old fashion way, and you two have managed to skip the shukaansi process.

YOu had so many chances to turn him down, but instead you led him on and on. For instance,when he asked for your digits, or the time he said he wanted to know you or that other time when he expressed his feelings for you, or better yet, that time when he proposed, or after the fact? You had so many chances to tell him you weren't interested, and you didn't.

Please don't come back here with BS anymore, we have worse shit to deal with, like everyday stress, but you created yours, and now you torn, I say marry him, you know you want to.

PS: Nothing wrong marrying outside of your people. Dating outside of your people is very therapeutic, and I encourage for everyone to try.
Lol@ BS. What a crack up