Sign in to follow this  
Grinov

Trivial Discussions prevail in the forum

Grinov   

Instead of moderating the discussions, the admin has silenced the most passionate members of this forum. extreme profanity should have only been banned , not qabiil politics.

unless one is a hypocrit, there is no way that there will ever be a just solution to the somali problems. qabiil is part of somali identity, and like the revolutionary dictatorship , you just can't burry it.

i will really miss Xassan Nasra allah, dantay, and his opposing heavy weights cilmi and others.

well, i never had much to say, but i hope this stanghold will be lifted in the near future

Bachelor   

Grinov wrote

extreme profanity should have only been banned , not qabiil politics.

SXB! Qabiil is prime reason for somali division and hatred toward each other, which cause the obstcle that we as a society enduring at this moment. Advocating to promote a qabiil based debate and idology is undesirable and worth far less of our time.

good to know u feel that bro! but qabiil and primative ideas need to be dimissed so we can compete with the rest of the humans on this planet! qabiil divides ppl and distracts individual from progress. instead of concentrating of individual achievements, qabiil makes ppl rotate in a small circle, thus, making individual confined to a smaller achievements!

why do u need qabiil to interact with you fellow ppl. cant u voice your ideas and ambitions as an individual and as a nationlistic person!

Grinov... If you wish to know how profane qabiil or name-callings are, just have a glance at Somalinet's forum. I guess you haven't visited somalinet forums yet but please do visit them and see how ugly qabiil can be. I believe the banned individuals have earned the preveledge to be put in that position. If the Admin leaves them to their qabiil-talk, the next you will be seeing will be exactly what you see in Somalinet forums.

AYOUB   

Although the SOL guys are doing a good job, I think there is still work to be done. Some of the editing and deleting make some posts worthless. Here is one for example posted by Libaax ST;

'Iska horimaadkaas oo ka dhashay beer lagu muransan yahai waxa uu dhexmaray laba malleeshiyo oo ka soo jeeda ardaayda ******* iyo *******'

This sort of editing can be frustrating and makes it difficult to understand what the fuss in the article is all about.

I also find it odd that admin and moderators have not nothing to say about the topic titled 'do u agree with the term ADOONS?'. I think this term can be more hurtful than the ones banned in this forum. I don't think this common Somali word should be banned, but it depends on how it used and so should be the Qabiil names.

Lastly there some things we don't talk about in public where we come from especially in front of children. ;) Is this an adults only forum? Don't you think some of the topics in the Islam forum should have some age restrictions or atleast some warnings :eek: .

mojam   

There should be a limit to how qabiil is discussed but there's no reason whatsoever to cencor out qabiil names.

A person should be able to mention etc in their posts, as long as no qabil is being disrespected.

[ June 21, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Deeq A.   

Nomads, remember all qabiil attacks start with a harmless, innocent "REER HEBEL" comment, then everything becomes a mess. We have tested, analyzed, and studied this many times.

I think some of you are focusing on the recent "group" discipline we did to route out the qabiil-bashers here, but as far as the rules are concerned, nothing has changed about the policy. The website has been like this for almost two years.

We don't plan to change anything about our two year old policy.

AYOUB   

Since when did did I become a Nomad Member? am i being rewarded for my impecable behavior or is it a bribe to keep me quiet? ;)

----------------------------------------------

'I DON'T CARE TO BELONG TO A CLUB THAT ACCEPTS PEOPLE LIKE ME AS MEMBERS' - GROUNCHO MARX.

AYOUB   

Mobb Depp cograts? Thanks. I know why I joined the this forum, but still don't have a clue who or what i've joined. :confused: Alien membership had street cred and suited my avatar, what previlages does nomad get apart from being a part of a secretive organisation? ;)

The Sool/Sanaag article was used to silence one wing of the Somaliland lobby. Justice was not done and atleast seen not be done. Any gown up can see the rest of the gang are still with us, (some are high ranking officials ) still asking the same trick questions thinking they won't be facing the devastating counter punching power of the long gone brothers and sisters. How wrong they are! Since no one has stepped into the shoes of the ones missing in action I WILL. :mad: