Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Osama Bin Laden: West proves it's at war with Islam.

RedSea   

Bin Laden: West ‘proves’ it is at war with Islam

Al-Qaida chief blasts ending aid to Hamas-led Palestinian government

Reuters file

Osama bin Laden, seen in May 1998, purportedly released a new tape Sunday after three months of silence.

• International Terrorism News

• U.S. Security News

• Learn more about RSS

NBC News and news services

Updated: 3:14 p.m. ET April 23, 2006

CAIRO, Egypt - Osama bin Laden issued ominous new threats in an audiotape broadcast Sunday, purportedly saying the West was at war with Islam and calling on his followers to go to Sudan to fight a proposed U.N. force.

In his first new message in three months, bin Laden said the West’s decision to cut off funds to the Palestinians because their Hamas leaders refuse to recognize Israel proved that the United States and Europe were conducting “a Zionist crusader war on Islam.â€

“The blockade which the West is imposing on the government of Hamas proves that there is a Zionist crusader war on Islam,†said the speaker on the tape broadcast by the Al-Jazeera network.

“I say that this war is the joint responsibility of the people and the governments. While the war continues, the people renew their allegiance to their rulers and politicians and continue to send their sons to our countries to fight us.â€

The voice on the tape sounded strong and resembled that on previous recordings attributed to bin Laden. There was no way to independently verify the authenticity of the tape, but a senior U.S. intelligence official tells NBC News that the voice on the tape appears to be that of bin Laden.

“The voice sounds like his,†said the official, who requested anonymity. “Technical analysis is still underway and its important to note that every tape, video or audio ascribed to bin Laden has turned out to be authentic."

Attacking Israel 'more politically correct'

Israeli government spokesman Raanan Gissin said bin Laden had decided to attack Israel to deflect growing Arab animosity toward al-Qaida.

“When he attacks Israel, this is something the Arab world can agree upon,†Gissin said. “He has been criticized for the destruction and carnage he’s causing the Muslim nation. He’s looking for another justification ... Criticizing Israel sounds more politically correct.â€

Al-Qaida is believed to have no direct links to Hamas, which is an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood, but they share an anti-Israel ideology that calls for the destruction of the Jewish state.

Recent media reports in the Middle East have said al-Qaida is building cells in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon and Sudan.

Related content

Bin Laden tapes: A timeline since 9/11

Israel indicts al-Qaida members

Israel has indicted two West Bank militants for al-Qaida membership and a Palestinian security official has acknowledged al-Qaida is “organizing cells and gathering supporters,†although Israeli officials say the inroads appear preliminary.

A Hamas spokesman said the militant group’s ideology is vastly different from al-Qaida’s but noted that international sanctions on the Palestinian government would naturally cause anger among some Muslims.

“It’s natural that this tension is going to create an impression that there is a Western-Israeli alliance working against the Palestinians,†Sami Abu Zuhri said, adding that Hamas is interested in having good relations with the West.

Bin Laden also addressed the conflict in Sudan, where he was based before being expelled under threats from the United States. He then moved to Afghanistan and is believed to be hiding out in the rugged mountains on the Pakistani side of their common border

Source:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12446550/?GT1=7938

www.msnnbc.msn.com

Nur   

Is Sheikh Osama a Loyal Republican, Labor voter?

Wonder why he always speaks to setttle election issues by playing the message " na nanaa nanaa, I am the bad guy, I am still around on Wazeerstan mountais sipping tea eluding American GI Joe? Bush cant catch me, a he is busy in Iraq, and i am going to cause lotta trouble (in Sudan, Somalia...... fill for all places of interest too)if I am not caught, so this time around elect Democrats, cuz Bush failed to catch me " so for a while, The purported sheikh Mesages benefited Republicans in USA and labor in UK, now, time for Democrats to benefit from the Sheikhs lil help, after all, they waited 5 years for it.

Sheikh Osama and Elvis, I dont know when we will see you two again!

If Religion is opium of the people, terrorism card is the ultimate invention hard core Heroin.

Nur

Kashafa   

^^ Why you gotta hate on OBL like that, homey ? What you tryna say.. He's a phantom invention of the CIA ? Love him or hate him, but don't question his authenticity.